[Q] Updated to 4.4.2 KitKat any Rom suggestions?

Search This thread

sikeward81

Jul 16, 2014
Hamilton
I recently updated to 4.4.2 KitKat on my AT&T Galaxy S4. I am rooted with safestrap installed. I am new to Androids and I was wondering if there were any roms available for baseband I337UCUFNB1, I found GoldenEye but it won't work on my baseband without a certain file being flashed through Odin first, every link I have come across to download this file ends up saying file not found. Are there any safe roms out there that I can use? I've searched all over and found some, but it's just kind of confusing to me. Thanks in advance!

sikeward81

Jul 16, 2014
Hamilton
aii

Yea i've been there, I'm just really confused on the whole process is all. It says something about going from NB1 to NC1, but the roms it lists aren't for either one of those basebands but it still says they'll work. I don't know if I want to risk it lol

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Yea i've been there, I'm just really confused on the whole process is all. It says something about going from NB1 to NC1, but the roms it lists aren't for either one of those basebands but it still says they'll work. I don't know if I want to risk it lol

You're not going to brick your device. You may have to Odin back to nb1 in the worst case. Do the ota to nc1 and root with towel root. Then use safestrap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app

sikeward81

Jul 16, 2014
Hamilton
You're not going to brick your device. You may have to Odin back to nb1 in the worst case. Do the ota to nc1 and root with towel root. Then use safestrap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app

Ok...i'll give it a shot i guess lol...i was just worried about bricking is all.

thanks for the help! :good: