Can't Install Apps Not From Play Store

Search This thread

droidfan77

Oct 14, 2010
Los Angeles
I recently purchased a Nexus 10. I'm trying to install the Amazon App Store which is not in the Play Store, but instead is a file that I can download from Amazon. I've selected "Unknown Sources" option in the security settings and when I go to install the Amazon App Store App it gives me the option to install it, but it won't actually let me select the install button. I'm not rooted at all and running a totally stock version of Android 4.2.2 on my Nexus 10. Any ideas as to how I can get this app to install with out rooting my tablet?

Herman76

May 19, 2010
Trondheim
I didn't have any problems installing it. Do you have any device administrators activated on your device which might block 3rd party apps?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

droidfan77

Oct 14, 2010
Los Angeles
I just checked and I don't have any device administrators turned on. Is it possible that it's a 4.2.2 issue?

sdmark

Jul 26, 2010
San Diego
It should allow you to install it. I'd either try re downloading the apk or factory reset.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

minoo66

Sep 26, 2009
Do you have screen filter installed? I had the same issue,I couldn't click on install when screen filter was on. So just deactivate it and you can click on install again. No need to reboot.

droidfan77

Oct 14, 2010
Los Angeles
After playing around a little, I discovered that it was the Screen Adjuster app that I had downloaded. As soon as I uninstalled the app, everything worked perfectly.