Unlock bootloader WW 10.6.1.8

Search This thread

Tableuraz

Apr 15, 2009
Hi!

I recently got a repacked Asus TF300T from Fnac with Android 4.1 on board, I couldn't get the latest OTA so I downloaded it from Asus website and installed it through my Micro-SD...
It's a great tablet and all, the only problem is that now, I CAN'T UNLOCK BOOTLOADER!

I tried registering to Asus Website 2 days ago (apparently the Serial Number had not been registered...) but I always get "Unknown error, [network watsnot]"

I already read every subject about this issue and found nothing useful, some guy could unlock his device after trying again and again, I've been trying to use the Asus Unlock App V8 for about an hour now and no luck, I'm becoming more and moe frustrated by now, I really want to get rid of all those bloatwares and get a smooth android experience...

Why did Asus choose this dumb method, with my One X it was as simple as visiting a website, but with this tablet, I've been pulling my hair for about two days now :eek:

Tableuraz

Apr 15, 2009
did you try a factory reset? then try after it?

Are you sure it could help?
I saw the poll and it only worked for 6 people down there, I would be very lucky if it worked (And I've never been lucky) XD

[EDIT] I saw something strange, I've got a file named Unlock_Time.txt saying "Last Unlock Device Time: Tue Mar 19 22:18:13 UTC+01:00 2013" but I'm pretty sure my bootloader isn't unlocked...

[EDIT 2] And after a factory reset... It still doesn't work, great. I'm starting to pull my hair right now...

Last edited:

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Are you sure it could help?
I saw the poll and it only worked for 6 people down there, I would be very lucky if it worked (And I've never been lucky) XD

[EDIT] I saw something strange, I've got a file named Unlock_Time.txt saying "Last Unlock Device Time: Tue Mar 19 22:18:13 UTC+01:00 2013" but I'm pretty sure my bootloader isn't unlocked...

[EDIT 2] And after a factory reset... It still doesn't work, great. I'm starting to pull my hair right now...

that file i have. appeared after i unlocked my bootloader. so maybe asus thinks your unlocked already....mine upon boot says device is unlocked in top corner

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Tableuraz

Apr 15, 2009
that file i have. appeared after i unlocked my bootloader. so maybe asus thinks your unlocked already....mine upon boot says device is unlocked in top corner

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Mine doesn't, how could Asus think I unlocked my bootloader already? o_O
Is there a way, by contacting them for instance to allow me to unlock again (if they think my tablet is unlocked...)
However, this is strange...

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Mine doesn't, how could Asus think I unlocked my bootloader already? o_O
Is there a way, by contacting them for instance to allow me to unlock again (if they think my tablet is unlocked...)
However, this is strange...

ya right them. was it onlocked on 4.1 before you updated?also dumb question but did you delete that file then try to unlock?

Tableuraz

Apr 15, 2009
I'll try to delete the file then run the unlock app again, but I think it won't chang anything since it looks like some ind of debugging (the date is changing everytime I try to run the app)
I don't know if it was unlocked before, it could be so, because I couldn't get the OTA the normal way and I had to flash the ROM by downloading it from Asus... If it was the case then I would be even more frustrated! lol

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

mvleeuwen

Apr 8, 2010
Same issue here. After contacting Asus tech support it turned out that my wifi mac address was not the same as the macc address they have registered at their systems. Therefor I did not receive OTA updates, nor could I unlock.

Only solution was to RMA the tablet, which I did a couple of days ago. According to the RMA status; the tablet has been fixed today and is on his way back. Will keep you updated with my findings.

Tableuraz

Apr 15, 2009
Same issue here. After contacting Asus tech support it turned out that my wifi mac address was not the same as the macc address they have registered at their systems. Therefor I did not receive OTA updates, nor could I unlock.

Only solution was to RMA the tablet, which I did a couple of days ago. According to the RMA status; the tablet has been fixed today and is on his way back. Will keep you updated with my findings.

Yeah, I would like to know if you are able to unlock it now.
There is only one thing, I don't know if I can have RMA as I bough the tablet repacked (Fnac does that, repack products that are good as new then sell them at almost half the price) so I don't think I got the Asus RMA, only the Fnac SAV (don't know how it's called in english)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

Tableuraz

Apr 15, 2009
Tablet back from RMA

Hi, some news about this issue, I've sent my tablet to Asus RMA and I just got it back, now the system is stable and doesn't freeze all the time, that's great...
But the unlock tool still doesn't work, I keep getting the unknown issue and they did not unlock the bootloader, any news about a way to unlock without their ****ty tool ? :mad:

Tableuraz

Apr 15, 2009
???

So, after speaking with a girl of the french Asus Support I received a mail telling me :

Apres avoir consulté notre dossier, je vous prie de bien vouloir faire la installation du bootloader.

Normalement, cette fois il devrait fonctionner.

Translated to English :

After consulting our record (folder, file), please install the bootloader.

Normally, it shoul work this time.

What is it supposed to mean ? "install the bootloader" ? :confused:
I tried to unlock the bootloader again and got the unknown error. :eek:
I really don't understand them......

sylvanito

Apr 21, 2014
unlocking bootloader impossible

Hello
Same problem for me, unable to unlock my TF300T device, despite i'm using the official tool from Asus.

After having installed unlock_v8.apk, checked "I agree" two times, the following message appears upon attempting to unlock device :

"An unknown error occured, which may be a network issue. Please wait and try again later."

I have tried many times and my WiFi connection is all right.

Some system information for your help :
Android version : 4.2.1
Wi-Fi version : V7.1.1.50
Kernel version : 3.1.10-g890b05a
Build number : JKOP40D.WW_epad-10.6.1.27.1-20130711
S/N : CBOKCT082684

Thanks.

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
So, after speaking with a girl of the french Asus Support I received a mail telling me :

Translated to English :

What is it supposed to mean ? "install the bootloader" ? :confused:
I tried to unlock the bootloader again and got the unknown error. :eek:
I really don't understand them......

Install the "bootloader" sounds like you need to reflash the stock ROM for your tablet, at least thats what it sounds like she's trying to say fro mthe translation. I don't think that will really do anything, but its worth a shot. You could try to ask them to add your serial number to their database, add your mac address to their database, or find our what mac address it is and change your mac address manually to that.

Tableuraz

Apr 15, 2009
Install the "bootloader" sounds like you need to reflash the stock ROM for your tablet, at least thats what it sounds like she's trying to say fro mthe translation. I don't think that will really do anything, but its worth a shot. You could try to ask them to add your serial number to their database, add your mac address to their database, or find our what mac address it is and change your mac address manually to that.

I'll try this later, for now I gave my tablet to my girlfriend as it's totally useless for me if I cannot unlock it.
At first I loved this tablet but it's really a piece of crap, thanks to the Asus "Support" Service.

kiwijunglist

Aug 26, 2010
I'll try this later, for now I gave my tablet to my girlfriend as it's totally useless for me if I cannot unlock it.
At first I loved this tablet but it's really a piece of crap, thanks to the Asus "Support" Service.

Hi I was able to unloc my bootloader by enabling developer options
settings -> about tab -> clic on [build] about 5x to enable
then enable usb debugging
then try again :)

this happened after i emailed asos with my serial # and wifi mac address, so not sure if that helped or not :D