Can't we fix the MR market issues?

Search This thread

atoy74

Oct 22, 2007
I've wiped my phone and re-run the MR update. All my apps were there but later in the day...boom, gone.

I see that a custom ROM has temporarily fixed the issue
- "1.2c:fixed issue with protected apps not showing up in market reverted displayed version # in phone settings (sprint update is still there though)"

My questions is can't we patch our systems until Google/HTC/Sprint figure this out? Sounds like such a simple fix...

jonnythan

Oct 27, 2008
Um, "we" did, which is to say that other people on the forum did it for us. Both current ROMs fix the Market issue.

atoy74

Oct 22, 2007
Um, "we" did, which is to say that other people on the forum did it for us. Both current ROMs fix the Market issue.

Yes, but they haven't fixed the bluetooth audio streaming issue which is big for me (as of yesterday.) I'd like to keep things just as they are and patch up the market problem.

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
It seems to be a problem with the build.prop and build.prop.nopassword file from the Mr update. You could edit the file with the old info from a build.prop files from before the update. Or push a build.prop files to your phone from a stock hero or from the unofficial 1.2 . It couldn't hurt to try. Make sure you have a backup.

atoy74

Oct 22, 2007
I installed Fresh's 0.6 over my 1.56 stock install. No wipe. It took about 2hrs but the market snapped back into shape. I also did a reboot around that 2hr mark.

Dunno what triggered it but the moral of the story is I dont think you need to wipe.

coldsweat

Jun 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I have the factory ROM on my device (its only been rooted) and it seems my paid apps have returned to the my downloads section of the market... hope it keeps :D

I think at least some of the missing apps are now back. I had MoDaCo ROM and downloaded a new app (free - Silent Time). The next day I un rooted, restored my Nandroid backup, got the MR update and then rooted the Sprint ROM, went to grab that app which I lost when I restored my Nandroid backup and it was gone, until tonight. It was a free app. The app was Silent Time, which before today my search only hit one app which wasn't Silent Time. Now that same search hits 3 apps and includes Silent Time.

flipzmode

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2009
geekfor.me
I think at least some of the missing apps are now back. I had MoDaCo ROM and downloaded a new app (free - Silent Time). The next day I un rooted, restored my Nandroid backup, got the MR update and then rooted the Sprint ROM, went to grab that app which I lost when I restored my Nandroid backup and it was gone, until tonight. It was a free app. The app was Silent Time, which before today my search only hit one app which wasn't Silent Time. Now that same search hits 3 apps and includes Silent Time.

I get 11 hits for "silent time" heh. But the first one is silent time (free). Confirmed.