SD Card Not Working

Search This thread

Spunkiest

Dec 8, 2012
Hey,

I backed up my whole system via CWM to my SD card while I was trying a new ROM out. When I went to restore there were no back-ups found? I checked my phone memory as well as my SD card and found absolutely nothing. Thee is also another thing, when I move music to my SD card it won't play but when I move it to the internal memory it play fine?
Is my SD card faulty at all? Would a reformat sort it out?

Edit: Also when I take a picture, the picture will be unsupported format and I can't view it on my computer either?

dhudgson

Mar 27, 2014
Hey,

I backed up my whole system via CWM to my SD card while I was trying a new ROM out. When I went to restore there were no back-ups found? I checked my phone memory as well as my SD card and found absolutely nothing. Thee is also another thing, when I move music to my SD card it won't play but when I move it to the internal memory it play fine?
Is my SD card faulty at all? Would a reformat sort it out?

Edit: Also when I take a picture, the picture will be unsupported format and I can't view it on my computer either?

when you are in settings those it shows that the sd card is mounted? have you tried the sd card on a computer? if the info you had in the sd card doesn´t shows up then you should try formatting the card.

Spunkiest

Dec 8, 2012
when you are in settings those it shows that the sd card is mounted? have you tried the sd card on a computer? if the info you had in the sd card doesn´t shows up then you should try formatting the card.

It did show the SD card was mounted and that it was fine. Whenever I put data on it (music, photos, apks etc etc) they would just either get deleted, corrupted or not work at all.....
I have reformatted my SD card and it is working fine for now...

lmisik001

Apr 11, 2014
try using a different card, for example my note 2 did not accept 32 gigabytes SanDisk, I had to buy kingston 32gb class 10