Wired headsets in which the button works?

Search This thread

soumen08

Aug 31, 2011
Bangalore
openovation.wordpress.com
Ive just accidentally broken the headsets that came with the phone, and now Im looking for another headset.
The problem with our phone is that the pinout (the mic and ground pins) is inverted in comparison to samsung, LG, HTC etc ). Therefore, we cant buy just about any headset. Also, I want a wired headset (not a wireless one).
Is anyone using a wired headset in which the button works? I want to be able to take and drop calls, and long press to skip track (which would work if taking and dropping calls works).

Schrauff

Mar 17, 2012
Yes, I'm using Jabra Chill headset (got it new for 10€), the pins on the jack are the same as original Huawei headset. Also I'm using Headset Button app, that can emulate multi button headset, so I can skip tracks, forward/reverse songs, etc.

soumen08

Aug 31, 2011
Bangalore
Thanks for the info. Just needed to know one more thing. Does the mic work as well? Can you use the button to receive calls? Also, do you have a u8800 or one of the variants? Is there any difference in the pinout for the u8800 and the variants?

Last edited:

Schrauff

Mar 17, 2012
Mine phone is U8800, my brother has U8800 pro. Both phones have same pinout. The microphone and the button is also working. If you are using the Aurora rom, you should also tick "use headset microphone" in sound settings.

Reactions: soumen08

VuDuCuRSe

Dec 11, 2010
Do you know a headset like the one you pointed but in-ear?
Those are better at isolating the ambient sound.

VuDuCuRSe

Dec 11, 2010
I'm also found the a-JAYS One+ which is a great looking headsets with a flat tangle-free cable and has a mic+button.

Here's a nice review: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...and-performance-without-a-hit-to-your-wallet/

wm_IMG_0248_thumb.jpg

Anyone tried one and can confirm that the button works?

soumen08

Aug 31, 2011
Bangalore
Just got the Sony Ericsson MH-650. In ear, perfect noise isolation and the button works quite well. Awesome sound quality as well. Thumping bass and crystal clear trebles :)
Totally recommended for everyone. At Rs. 1500 (do your conversions, I'm too lazy), theyre really nice.

VuDuCuRSe

Dec 11, 2010
Just bought a Novero Brooklyn Wired Stereo Headset with Mic http://www.novero.com/collections/music-headsets/brooklyn.html but it turns out that it's not compatibly.
I listen only one channel on both phones and when I click the button I listen regular stereo.
They seem to be great headphones, but not compatible with our 8800.
Crap :(

Found this life-saver converter:
ADPTR-TRRS-35-2T.jpg

Adapter Pinout: T-T, R1-R1, R2-S, S-R2
here
It switches the Ring2 with the Sleeve. :)
Probably there are more cheaper version on ebay/dealexterme.

Apparently our phone has Sony Ericsson Xperia compatible pinouts, not iPhone compatible.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine phone is U8800, my brother has U8800 pro. Both phones have same pinout. The microphone and the button is also working. If you are using the Aurora rom, you should also tick "use headset microphone" in sound settings.