Can't boot MTD ROMS [SOLVED!!!!!]

Search This thread

b16flybye

Sep 4, 2011
Twin Cities
Looks like your stuck on your current ROM. I wouldn't mess with anything MTD. I suppose you'll throw me another wise comment..... haha

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

azyouthinkeyeiz

Jan 3, 2010
Looks like your stuck on your current ROM. I wouldn't mess with anything MTD. I suppose you'll throw me another wise comment..... haha

Lol. You make the joke that he's stuck almost immediately after he tells us he fixed the issue.

Looks like he IS the only one making "smart comments". :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
Step 1. Reflash cwm 5.0.2.7
Step 2. Flash clean gb mtd for the conversion
(The aosp roms weren't doing the conversion for some reason... and yes I tried after flashing a fresh cwm also)
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Profit!!!
I don't know why but for some reason clean gb worked perfectly for the conversion this time... don't know what was going on because the one I downloaded last week has the same md5 as the one I did today, but this time it worked... anybody having problems like I did, just keep trying to use clean gb mtd for the initial conversion to mtd and then feel free to flash any tw mtd or aosp rom that you please!

Yay! Now..make me a neon mashup theme!!!! :D. Lol!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: flastnoles11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Lol. You make the joke that he's stuck almost immediately after he tells us he fixed the issue.

Looks like he IS the only one making "smart comments". :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    I guess that is possible... but I only started flashing roms and such when I signed up for xda... so november I believe... I know some people that have flashed way more than me... wouldn't that result in bml roms not flashing also?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    I guess that is possible... but I only started flashing roms and such when I signed up for xda... so november I believe... I know some people that have flashed way more than me... wouldn't that result in bml roms not flashing also?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Don't know. Throwing ideas out that are possible. I've seen people where their phone wouldn't run anything than straight up stock :-\

The Epic is finicky lol.

~ E.R.A.
    You tried Odin with repartition, the odin cwm 5.027 with reboot unchecked, pop battery out and in and then flashing CleanGB MTD?

You also said after trying the TW install it bricks requiring battery cpr. You could bring it right to Sprint at that point since nothing works then. Unless it only takes 1 in and out to get it into download mode.|

Step 1. Reflash cwm 5.0.2.7
    Step 2. Flash clean gb mtd for the conversion
    (The aosp roms weren't doing the conversion for some reason... and yes I tried after flashing a fresh cwm also)
    Step 3. ???
    Step 4. Profit!!!
    I don't know why but for some reason clean gb worked perfectly for the conversion this time... don't know what was going on because the one I downloaded last week has the same md5 as the one I did today, but this time it worked... anybody having problems like I did, just keep trying to use clean gb mtd for the initial conversion to mtd and then feel free to flash any tw mtd or aosp rom that you please!

Yay! Now..make me a neon mashup theme!!!! :D. Lol!