The little phone-case hut @ your local mall

Search This thread

freekquency

Mar 8, 2008
Sacramento
So after finding basically one retailer (bestbuy) who sells anything close to acceptable protection for the note in my area i found myself in the mall sunday morning. Suddenly im gazing at cases and sparkly covers for seemingly every handset known to man.
Uh-oh ive been spotted, the little man behind the counter spots me and we lock eyes. He sees: a guy with money he wants, a roadrunner for the coyote. I see: a hobbit at another useless mall kiosk. How the hell does sears and spencer gifts keep this place open?

He asks what can he help me with, there is a gunslinger tension as i wrestle to pull the monster from my pocket and give him a glimpse. Lets see what youve got for this, i say with a smirk. Surely if Attparty cant stock cases, screen protectors and assesories for their OWN product this mr. Miagi look alike cant either?

Ooooo galaxy note! Here! He pulled out a couple excellent cases, i bought a two piece which snaps together, and he applied a very nice screen protector.

How many times ive dismissed or laughed at these phone "huts" ,... finally good for something.

Sorry for the story, i was totally stoned on hash and i swear this is how it went down. Hahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
I think you need to take a creative writing class
I dissagree.. I liked his story.. Well written and kept my interest!
Classes would only enhance his story telling abilities.. But I dont think he needs them.
thanks for the story.

another quote..
"These kiosks are way over-priced. "

this is true. when you look to ebay and amazon, they are way over priced...
BUT.. these kiosk operators regularly bargain down..
Try it.. They will haggle and almost always cave in..
lets say a typical TPU case on ebay and amazon goes for maybe 8-10 bucks shipped..
the kiosk guy wants 20..... haggle him down to 17.... the when he says ok.... you open your wallet and show the entire contents of 14$$. ( you purposely stuffed 14 ONLY in there as you cased the case prior to speaking with him)
Now he sees that he's cleaned out your wallet of all your 14 bucks... leaving yoou with 0000
Guess what?? He takes it! Done deal..
as you walk away with your new case.. you re-stuff your wallet with the cash you had stuffed into your other front pocket!!!

Last edited:

ddochi11

Jun 19, 2012
Vancouver, BC
lets say a typical TPU case on ebay and amazon goes for maybe 8-10 bucks shipped..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=15&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=galaxy+note+tpu&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

There are so many TPU cases you can buy for less than $5 with free shipping from ebay. Even $14 is too much for a TPU case.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_B...t=PDA_Accessories&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=10&_udhi

$10 or more, you can get few cases, screen protector, charger and other accessories.

If you are trying to cheap out on a case, $14 TPU case is not a good deal.

johnrippa

Aug 22, 2012
I think he did a pretty good job at writing it. If you compare to so many other people posting on the internet he's a literary genius.

Also I'm not intending to be an ass, I liked the story and pics of the case would be cool.

I meant that he should take the creative writing class because he would enjoy it.

smo1970

Mar 14, 2011
I had a very similar experience at my local mall(I wasn't stoned on hash, unfortunately). A couple years back I bought a cheap rubber case for my Captivate. I don't remember it being overpriced, but I don't know, I bought it on a whim.

After I got my Note I started shopping around for a case. Turns out the same kiosk had an actual Otterbox. I don't remember what I paid for it, but it was comparable to prices I found online.

kabuk1

These kiosks are way over-priced. You can find the same cases on ebay at a fraction of the cost.

Yes, I realize this, but when you're in a pinch they're a good place to find something fast. When I first got my Note I went straight to the mall cause I was NOT about to leave it naked for 3-5 business days while I waited for a case to arrive, or pay $40 for a case in the AT&T store. $15 for peace of mind is cheap, IMO.

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida
So after finding basically one retailer (bestbuy) who sells anything close to acceptable protection for the note in my area i found myself in the mall sunday morning. Suddenly im gazing at cases and sparkly covers for seemingly every handset known to man.
Uh-oh ive been spotted, the little man behind the counter spots me and we lock eyes. He sees: a guy with money he wants, a roadrunner for the coyote. I see: a hobbit at another useless mall kiosk. How the hell does sears and spencer gifts keep this place open?

He asks what can he help me with, there is a gunslinger tension as i wrestle to pull the monster from my pocket and give him a glimpse. Lets see what youve got for this, i say with a smirk. Surely if Attparty cant stock cases, screen protectors and assesories for their OWN product this mr. Miagi look alike cant either?

Ooooo galaxy note! Here! He pulled out a couple excellent cases, i bought a two piece which snaps together, and he applied a very nice screen protector.

How many times ive dismissed or laughed at these phone "huts" ,... finally good for something.

Sorry for the story, i was totally stoned on hash and i swear this is how it went down. Hahaha

Or, as Jimmy would say.....It's a semi true story!!!! Love it!

freekquency

Mar 8, 2008
Sacramento
Money wasnt a major issue, i hate running around with a naked phone those first few days. I upgraded from an Inspire which is still in perfect condition and a 1 1/2 yrs old. Except one hairline scratch that happened the first day i got it. This is how **** goes for me.

¦)

scottx .

I should hit the flea market up. I bought a case out of pure necessity tonight from the local att store. Best buy sells overpriced stuff here. No otterbox anywhere local.

Anyway. I paid 43 bucks for a "speck" case that snaps on. It will get me by till I get a better one. I have thirty days to return it (which I most likely will)

Blah

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think you need to take a creative writing class

I think he did a pretty good job at writing it. If you compare to so many other people posting on the internet he's a literary genius.

Also I'm not intending to be an ass, I liked the story and pics of the case would be cool.