Yellow Tint

Search This thread

Skunk79

Sep 17, 2011
Can anyone share with me what there screens are like. Mine appears decidedly yellow and im starting to worry that the screen is defective. My HTC One M7 has much bluer tones and I personally prefer it. My M8 just appears dirty!

B-Mod

Apr 10, 2011
I have 3 here, two are yellow, and one is bluer, I have a 4th one coming tomorrow, then I will know the score, lol.

Skunk79

Sep 17, 2011
Pics

If its possible 4 anyone to upload a pic 4 comparison id appreciate it! Full Brightness with no power save.

abrasive

Jul 14, 2008
Stockholm
I've also got this problem, it might not be that easy to see on the picture I've attached, but you can at least see that the colors are not the same. I've also tested the screen with an app called Screen test, and it seems to completely fail the Checker board test under Resolution and Horizontal resolution (1 pixel) makes the display flicker.

Attachments

• IMAG0225.jpg
    IMAG0225.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 740

n1234d

Aug 18, 2013
Mumbai
Google Pixel 6a
I've also got this problem, it might not be that easy to see on the picture I've attached, but you can at least see that the colors are not the same. I've also tested the screen with an app called Screen test, and it seems to completely fail the Checker board test under Resolution and Horizontal resolution (1 pixel) makes the display flicker.

Hmm, quite evident in the picture.. BTW, HOW did you get LEDs in the prox sensor area?

abrasive

Jul 14, 2008
Stockholm
Hmm, quite evident in the picture.. BTW, HOW did you get LEDs in the prox sensor area?

Yeah, but I'm not sure if it's due to the HTC Color Enhancement, or if the screen is bad. The stores says it's just a different color temperature on the screen.

The the light in the proximity sensors are IR captured by the camera, so I can't see it (except through another camera ofc)