coming from HTC One M8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
I was very much looking forward to this phone and received it couple of days ago.
I've been.using HTC One M8 for the last month or so and was intrigued by oppo design and that brilliant notification light so I thought I'd take the plunge.

Here is my initial impression.

Pros
Camera quality better
Bigger screen and less real estate wasted
Better notification light
Speakers impressive and very loud possibly louder then M8!
Theme customisation

Cons
UI half baked
Sluggish
Capacitive buttons invisible barely noticeable
Not bright enough
Camera software minimal not enough features
No development support

Overall interesting phone but software lets it down. Potential is there and awaiting custom roms, CM, Miui etc which can unlock the potential of this phone. However I have my fears it might not happen.
I prefer HTC One M8 it's more complete, polished phone hardware and software wise and that's reflected in the price. Is it worth the extra 180 hmm no.

Last edited:

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown
I was very much looking forward to this phone and received it couple of days ago.
I've been.using HTC One M8 for the last month or so and was intrigued by oppo design and that brilliant notification light so I thought I'd take the plunge.

Here is my initial impression.

Pros
Camera quality better
Bigger screen and less real estate wasted
Better notification light
Speakers impressive and very loud possibly louder then M8!
Theme customisation

Cons
UI half baked
Sluggish
Capacitive buttons invisible barely noticeable
Not bright enough
Camera software minimal not enough features
No development support

Overall interesting phone but software lets it down. Potential is there and awaiting custom roms, CM, Miui etc which can unlock the potential of this phone. However I have my fears it might not happen.
I prefer HTC One M8 it's more complete, polished phone hardware and software wise and that's reflected in the price. Is it worth the extra 180 hmm no.

I won't be giving HTC another dime. The camera and fast charger alone is enough to beat M8. HTC has become a one man show. Even the designer of M8 is leaving. Maybe they should call it PCC.

kristofpetho

May 27, 2009
Zoetermeer
You do realize that most - if not all - of your cons comes from the OS itself.
There is almost a final and stable OmniRom around the corner, and then all other devs can use that device and kernel tree. Also please note that the Find7a has been delivered to devs just three weeks ago (much later than the M8's availability)... I suggest you wait just two weeks and see how much better the custom ROM situation is than with the M8.

Last edited:
Reactions: betold

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
There is almost a final and stable OmniRom around the corner, and then all other devs can use that device and kernel tree. Also please note that the Find7a has been delivered to devs just three weeks ago (much later than the M8's availability)... I suggest you wait just two weeks and see how much better the custom ROM situation is than with the M8.

I do agree it's mainly os issues and not necessarily hardware. I certainly hope you are right a more stable os is released very soon as current release is laggy and saggy lol, patiently waiting. Also looking forward to custom roms.
The only major gripe I have is of course is battery life now that won't certainly fixed with an os update but I knew that when I bought the phone so can live with that.

betold

Mar 12, 2014
Munich

You made my day. I would love to see OmniRom on my F7a. Where did you find that news? I would love to contribute by testing the ROM.

The hardware is awesome. I also have all my cons with this device only related to its software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.