[ROM] SlimFast 4.3 TW [Updated 5/10/14- Fixed Speakerphone etc]

Search This thread

edfuhr1

Nov 18, 2012
Realme X2 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S21
Ok so then I guess im confused, if I have mobile data off I can still receive calls and regular texts because voice data would still be on correct? It would also save battery to keep it off if I have a solid Wifi connection? Thanks for your time answering these questions.

frankieGom

Mar 28, 2012
Paris
...Toggling off the data shuts the antenna off so it can't receive a data signal...
No offense meant and it may just be due to imprecise wording, but this is plain wrong.
Toggling data off forces a disconnect _from the data network_ but the phones remains attached to what ever cellular network it uses for voice and SMS so you can still make and receive voice calls and SMS. Anything data, on the other hand, will have to go through WiFi if available.

Mikekelso421

No offense meant and it may just be due to imprecise wording, but this is plain wrong.
Toggling data off forces a disconnect _from the data network_ but the phones remains attached to what ever cellular network it uses for voice and SMS so you can still make and receive voice calls and SMS. Anything data, on the other hand, will have to go through WiFi if available.

wrong wording.lol i made it sound like it was in airplane mode.

Reactions: ikylilboy

shadow_cruiser

Nov 18, 2010
Ottawa, On
Anyone else having trouble with GPS?. Never ran into this problem before so not sure how to fix it. I flashed again as per OP's instructions but still not getting a GPS lock. I understand the first time takes a long time but I was outside for 3 hours trying to get a lock. Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: ikylilboy

ikylilboy

Feb 20, 2009
Link not working... MediaFire must be having issues because the link for your 4.4 SlimFast is having the same problem. Hopefully it will be resolved soon! Thanks for the ROM in advance!

Edit: Never mind, worked fine through my phones browser. Must be an issue I'm having with the desktop !

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to SlimFast ROM
    This is a personal project im releasing to the public for recreational use. DONT FLASH N DRIVE

-ROM Properties-

Baseband Version- Samsung Official I317UCUBMK6 4.3 (Used SN Vanilla as a base ROM. THANKS @seanzscreams)

Android Version- 4.3

Carrier- AT&T-I-317

?WHAT MAKES THIS ROM SPECIAL?

FIrst of all, its based off @seanzscreams SN-Vanilla F1 release (IMO Best ROM out there for our device)

REMOVED OVER 200MB OF FILES FROM HIS BASE! SlimFast ROM is 805MB. SN-Vanilla was 1.2GB

Removed ALMOST all unneeded apps without sacrificing function

Removed All languages other than EN-US

Comes with updated Apps Like Wanam Xposed, Xposed Installer, Youtube Adblocker (no Ads on Youtube), Google Now, AD-Free, Flashplayer, MW Manager,Viper 4 Android (ALL Installed under Data/App for your uninstalling pleasure)

Added a few more build.prop tweaks along with seanz's originals

Tweaked audio file for LOUDER ALL AROUND VOLUME

Latest weather widget from Note 2 4.4 Leak

Chronus Widget (CM11-style clock/weather widget)

All Mods Included in SN-V-F1 are included in this ROM

Will be adding more to this ROM as i get more time to play with it.

-DOWNLOAD LINK-

SlimFast 4.3 updated 5/10/14 (fixed speakerphone issue)

FLASH THIS AFTER FIRST BOOT TO GET MOBILE DATA AND FLASHLIGHT TOGGLE

MobileData & Flashlight Script

( Thanks to @CNexus for the Script)

Flashing Instructions

1.Make a backup if you dont have one already
    2.Do a FULL WIPE (SYSTEM,BOOT,CACHE,DALVIK)
    3.Flash ROM
    4.After It says completed, hit back and select the ROM again
    5.Proceed to flash ROM a second time
    6.After ROM completes, reboot and Enjoy

7.After first boot, go back into recovery and flash the MobileData & Flashlight script. Reboot. Done

PLEASE NOTE

DO NOT FLASH ANYTHING TO THE ROM BEFORE YOU BOOT UP AND SETUP FOR INITIAL USE

Also Note-If you ask a question and its in this post, i will not respond. This Post is Small and simple. if you start asking why your rom wont boot or why its saying "NO OS INSTALLED" ill know you didnt follow the directions. Otherwise Enjoy Your SlimFast ROM!

-LATEST UPDATE-

If your coming from my original release, simply wipe dalvik,cache and system and flash update.
    After your flash new version,fix permissions (just to be safe) and reboot.
    Do u have stock kernel for this rom. Just in case I want to try different kernel.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2! ;)

Just dirty flash Rom to get stock kernel back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    So this is just basically a debloated sky note vanilla?

Not trying to be negative but I don't really think it's a rom ya know? You just added some updated apps and removed some.

Regardless tho. Thanks for the effort.

P.s you should also have a Thanks section. And thank Sean

Actually, with all due respect to your very very very large contribution to our XDA knowledge, the stock MK6 kernel was posted a long time ago by Zen at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48935684.

I see that Sean may have modified the stock kernel. The kernel could also be extracted manually from the Rom and flashed by Mobile ODIN.

Sent from my Note 2 SGH-I317

Lol..I know it's been posted.

no need to download another zip tho if he already has the rom downloaded and can easily flash that in a second.

Really loving the rom super fast.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2! ;)