[Q] Best Group MMS app?

Search This thread

shadowdylan99

Dec 24, 2012
Something I have noticed with my m8 is that when I am in a mms group chat, it takes a while to download the messages. If I am in a group chat with my friend with an iphone, he receives the texts about 10-20 seconds before I do, I know what app you use makes a different and I am using textra which I love but is there an app that will better handle group chats or is it just something to do with android that is causing this.

T4rd

Jun 15, 2010
Are you all on the same carrier? I would assume it would be a carrier/networking delay initially if you're on different carriers. But I use Handscent SMS for group messaging and haven't had any issues with iPhone or Android users. Might try that to see if it affects the delay. I wouldn't think it would help though.

Also, if the person that's sending the message is on an iPhone as well, then your friend that's on an iPhone is probably receiving it through iMessage, not SMS, so he's definitely going to have less of a delay that way since it's just using data/IM and not the carrier's SMS system.

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I experience the same thing on hangouts except my delay is typically longer than 20 seconds. Not massive concern but its embarrassing in front of my iPhone friends

shadowdylan99

Dec 24, 2012
Same carrier and same location and its through group mms not imessage or sms. I used to use hangout and had trouble sending messages and textra seems to do it better so I thought maybe it had to do with the app