Streak Not Booting After Flash... Please Help!

Search This thread

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
I just rooted my streak as normal and now it will not boot.

When I turn it on, it just displays ''dell'' but stays there forever.

I flashed it before and it was fine but now it is stuck.

Any way I can fix this?

Last edited:

grizlore

Jan 9, 2009
Rose of the Shires
i am no expert, but you'll have to give a lot more information than that

16.?
2.1 ?
versions
how did you flash?
how did you root?
to "fix" your Streak, reverting back to the Update.pkg should get you back working

Last edited:

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
Basically What happened is I upgraded my streak from 1.6 to 2.1

I downloaded root explorer but it would NOT work as my streak was not rooted.

I then rooted my streak using superboot but it was for the old version 3883.

The phone did not boot after this. I then tried superboot for build 4399, same thing the streak gets stuck on the dell logo.

I then looked for build 6267 which is what I have but it does not exist.

I wanted to root my streak with the new 2.1 version but it failed and ever since I'm stuck with the dell logo.

I know I can simply reinstall 2.1 but I will have to reinstall all my apps and set my phone up again.

Is there any way I can recover or somehow go back to the build of 6267 WITHOUT losing anything or reinstalling?

The last thing I want to do is reinstall 2.1 all over again...

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
I just reinstalled 2.1

Works fine now only I need to put all my apps back on as well as configure/setup all the settings... :(

koolbluez

Jan 18, 2009
I am noob in phone flashing. but after goin thru all sources online.. I tried flashing my Streak 5.

I tried rooting with "SuperOneClick2.2", but it was not detecting phone model or so.. So I tried Superboot... after android interface drivers installation.. phone was decteced in FASTBOOT mode and message in phone showed root installed.
After that, my phone is continually flashing the buttons & showing DELL's white logo on the black background.

All procedures were followed to the dot. However, as suggested in the post & elsewhere, I "factory-resetted" the device. Not worked. I then reverted back to the Android 2.2 "Update.pkg" I had in the sd card. Update was done as usual. But the phone just didn't get ON.

That was yesterday. Well today, all of a sudden, when I tried to on the phone, it started!!!!

But new problem, the phone is not rooted. Checked out with the Android emulator. Tried the whole procedure. Went through the same steps. Problem repeated. Solved. Again & again.. the phone refuses to be ROOTED!!!

What could be the problem?

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
First of all dont bump a year old thread,
secondly superboot will brick the streak as it's designed for a different rom,
thirdly use the guides on xda/wiki to reinstall with a update.pkg,
fourthly there's a guide halfway down the page currently in the dev section on how to root correctly