How to go from 4.3.1 to 4.4?

Search This thread

razormccabe

Dec 10, 2013
I can't find anywhere on how to go from 4.3.1 to kitkat? I am running IOKP ROM. I was going to to download factory image from Google but it is a .tar file, I thought i could only flash zip files in recovery? Any help or step by step guide would be appreciated.

Warbuff

Jul 23, 2010
New York
I can't find anywhere on how to go from 4.3.1 to kitkat? I am running IOKP ROM. I was going to to download factory image from Google but it is a .tar file, I thought i could only flash zip files in recovery? Any help or step by step guide would be appreciated.

Unpack the tar files and flash the img files via fastboot

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

thejmannnc

Apr 8, 2013
OBX, NC

if your bootloader is unlocked, your rooted, and you have a recovery, (TWRP) or CWM) why not just flash a 4.4.2 rom from the Nexus 7 LTE thread? theres a few to choose from. Just do a full wipe in recovery, flash the downloaded rom, and boom....4.4.2. easy like wezzy bro!
Need any help let me know.........