GTMax 3500mAh High Capacity Battery + New Back Cover $12.99!

Search This thread

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
I turned my phone off to put this new battery in. I fully charged it before turning it on.

It lasted 42 Hours before it died.
I was running Bluetooth, Pandora and Wifi Medium-Heavy Duty.

So the battery seems good, But it seems the back cover wasn't crafted all that well UNLESS I just got a bad one. It seems like a corner of it won't stay pressed down. Its not a huge gap, but it is somewhat noticeable.

Is anyone else think that their back cover doesn't fit all that well or is it just me?

It doesnt fit on top, if you trim around the camera cut out, it will fit

HTC Chris

Feb 16, 2009
San Diego, California
I turned my phone off to put this new battery in. I fully charged it before turning it on.

It lasted 42 Hours before it died.
I was running Bluetooth, Pandora and Wifi Medium-Heavy Duty.

So the battery seems good, But it seems the back cover wasn't crafted all that well UNLESS I just got a bad one. It seems like a corner of it won't stay pressed down. Its not a huge gap, but it is somewhat noticeable.

Is anyone else think that their back cover doesn't fit all that well or is it just me?

Are you talking about the top right corner? It's raised slightly, but not at all too noticeable. But the case fits pretty well overall.

Reactions: Alucardis666

HTC Chris

Feb 16, 2009
San Diego, California
I can confirm some stats. I ran my dolphin browser on a video streaming website to see how long it would take for the battery to drop 10% . On the stock battery it took 15 min and the GTMAX took 30 minutes. So I'm pretty happy so far :) .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Tenkie

Oct 18, 2011
Were you able to get the taurus case to fit with the extended battery + cover? If so, could you post pictures?

Last edited:

joeybear23

Aug 4, 2010
Undisclosed
stores.ebay.com
Got it.
Installed it.
Really didn't like it.

I don't think I am going to blow $40 on a case for it, so I guess it'll go on eBay.

I will wait for Samsung to make a 2000 MAh battery that works with NFC...

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
i think the amazing battery life is worth the bump... im happy with it. Comes down to if you want your phone to look awesome and slim but battery last about a day then its not for you, if you want to have awesome battery life and dont mind a bump this is for you!

Last edited:

joeybear23

Aug 4, 2010
Undisclosed
stores.ebay.com
i think the amazing battery life is worth the bump... im happy with it. Comes down to if you want your phone to look awesome and slim but battery last about a day then its not for you, if you want to have awesome battery life and dont mind a bump this is for you!

Not arguing with you.

If you biggest priority is battery life, then this thing is certainly the most bang for the buck.

I wonder if anyone is developing an extended battery/case combo?
I've seen these for the iPhone...

HTC Chris

Feb 16, 2009
San Diego, California
uploadfromtaptalk1320896279121.jpguploadfromtaptalk1320896299787.jpguploadfromtaptalk1320896311389.jpguploadfromtaptalk1320896321790.jpg
The browser usage was watching live video on HSPA+

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Last edited:

DuMnUt101

Oct 18, 2007
Highland, CA
www.myspace.com
It doesnt fit on top, if you trim around the camera cut out, it will fit

If you are looking at the back of the phone (the battery side). The top left corner won't stay clipped in.

I'm not quite sure what you are meaning by trim around the camera area cut out.. It seems the camera cut out fits fine around the camera lens. Can you give more details or share a picture?

Are you talking about the top right corner? It's raised slightly, but not at all too noticeable. But the case fits pretty well overall.

Yea its nice and snug just a slight gap that didn't get snapped in in the top left corner (battery side)

So there's no issues with charging via USB and the wall charger?
No, I have not experienced any charging issues either.

I really actually like the bump. The phone is still really light and the bump makes the phone sit nicely in the palm of your hand vs trying to squeeze your finger tips together to not drop the dang thing.

Tenkie

Oct 18, 2011
I just got mine today....first and quick impression is that it fits perfectly...nothing popping out.I had to put a little pressure for it to close though.

Feel is amazing and allows for a better hold..I'll post my battery life when I have a chance to test it out.

Has anyone gotten a chance to try the neo hybrid EX case? Does it fit snuggly?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

rodger-sp

Aug 12, 2010
Cabot
www.igadgetgeek.com
Yes I have the battery and the neo
I made a video it is on my website I do not think I can post the link last time I did was flaged for spam you can pm me and I will send you the link

from my i777 on MIUI

Reactions: Tenkie

Tenkie

Oct 18, 2011
Actually I found your video...checked You-Tube for any reviews and lo-and behold, yours popped up!

Looking forward to ordering a SGP Neo Hybrid EX case to compliment my extended battery~

joeybear23

Aug 4, 2010
Undisclosed
stores.ebay.com
Are there any cases besides the $40 Taurus?

I am thinking about cutting up a cheap TPU case for this...

I have the battery, but I don't like the idea of going case-less and the back cover that comes with this threatens to come off much easier than the stock one...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I found this battery on Amazon about a week ago for $12.99.. Ordered it and I am extremely impressed. Running Stock Rom + Root, constant use daily.I was really getting pissed off with the battery that came with the phone, it just doesn't do it justice.

Pro's - Been using the phone (50% Brightness, Downloading videos, youtubing, texting, phone calls, tinkering with GO Launcher stuff, almost played through a whole game of Words with Friends) Came off the charger at 3 P.M. today, legit screen on using the phone action about 4-5 hours tonight and it's now 11:25 P.M., battery is just hitting 65%! Extremely impressed with the performance of this battery and would recommend it to anyone that needs some extra juice.

Cons - It makes the phone about twice as thick towards the bottom half (I actually like this, it makes it much easier to hold on to and just grip in general). Also adds a significant amount of weight to the phone but nothing annoying, just saying.

UNSURE - Not sure about the NFC Capabilities of the battery, no one around me here has a phone with NFC so I can't test it... Honestly for the performance I could give a S*** less about NFC whether I keep it or lose it.

<Amazon Product ID> (Too few posts to hyperlink yet): B005Q75A84

Link for purchase: http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Capacity-Replacement-compatible-vertically/dp/B005Q75A84

I'll also upload a couple photos for ya'll to see what it looks like. :cool:
    http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Capacit..._1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1319529343&sr=1-1

Awesome price! Great buy for trip battery.

Sadly with that thickness, I would rather club baby seals :(

Nice find, going to have to think about this buy some more.
    Here are some pics of the phone with the extended battery and the bumper case from ebay. Sorry for the quality of the pics, they were taken with an htc hero:D.
    It looks really good in person and the bumper really adds some welcomed grip with minimal bulk. Overall the phone feels good to hold with one hand and it offers some protection to the corners in the event of a fall. The case and the battery cover are almost perfectly flush. As for battery life I'm getting between 36-48 hours depending on the use. Keep in mind that I only use this battery when I'm on call and /or know I'll be more than 1 day without being able to charge because otherwise the stock battery lasts me through a normal day. That being said I'm gonna try t out during a normal day to see how long it goes, heck I may even like it so much that I may ditch the stock batt:D!!!

Edit: I bought it from ebay from the link posted in the OP!!
    PICS

Photos Attached :)
    But your rom is based on a Samsung firmware. It will not work.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

The battery works now... the only problem is.. once the phone is switched off.. the charging symbol keeps flickering.. otherwise it works.. and when the phone is on.. it charges problem.. dont no how to fix it though.. :confused:

Sent from my SGH-I777

ROM - ShoStock 3 v2.5.6
    Kernel - AJK v1.25-S