[OFF-TOPIC] Official Off-Topic Thread

Search This thread

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Official Off-Topic Thread

Hi to all from the moderation team. With a fast growing community there is a massive amount of general off topic chit chat going around in this forum. So we thought it best to give all a place to have a chat. This should hopefully take some pressure off the forums, so making it a better place for us all as there should be less junk to wade through trying to find what we need.

Now with that said, this does not mean there are no rules to this thread. All of XDA rules still apply. Flaming and the belittling of other users (of any title) will not be tolerated and dealt with harshly by the moderation team. This should be a fun place for us all to have a chat and a general vent of frustrations. Any moderation issues should still be handled by PM.

Let the fun begin!

Last edited:

shamps

Jan 25, 2011
So any latest update from Indian Note2 fanboys?? Did anyone manage to get 1? Looks like our thread got closed....

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

chaitanya87

Jul 14, 2011
Hyderabad
So any latest update from Indian Note2 fanboys?? Did anyone manage to get 1? Looks like our thread got closed....

I have pre ordered from ebay. What about you?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Yeah i know it should not have been closed

Yes we are having our indian thread in every forum. I think mods are trying to avoid the spam and troll before the devices release.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

sumeshd

Nov 5, 2010
Mumbai
Anyone from Delhi??
It's sad..its the 1st time I see this thread closed down across all the phone forums..
Requested the mods hope they will reopen it..
Otherwise we will make this the new Indian thread :p

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

shamps

Jan 25, 2011
Yeah. May be a official discussion thread for Indian users. Havent preordered myself. Whats the point. You have to wait anyway. Will buy the day it becomes available over the counter.....

Apr 18, 2012
kolkata
Man i was so much enjoying the Indian thread, was the first time when I actually followed a thread actively and participated...Plz have it opened u experienced members....

I will take this phone once its available at the counter, not pre- booking it, had a really really really bad experience with Nokia Lumia 800 which i had to sell off within a month for an HTC sensation XE,

5th October....marble white...WAITINGGGGGGGGGGGG

dryspuri

Oct 15, 2009
Chennai
Sad to see our thread being closed , have requested to re consider to open it.

I am also waiting for Note2 to be available in Noida, also went to gaffar market last Sunday and it was not available in gray market as well.

How come our thread is now closed but Uk thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1903974&page=2 is still on, This is not fair, i was looking forward for help from indian brothers as i am planning to buy i pune, want to sell my razr maxx, in pune how much can i get!!

chaitanya87

Jul 14, 2011
Hyderabad
Reactions: amPOGIko

gaurav2009

Jun 14, 2011
its not right to close that thread as almost every devices on xda have Indian or other countries thread separately...so please open it

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
OK Guys, i hear you. The intention was not to only shut the Indian thread. It was shut because it was not titled as a Indian availability thread more a review/specs thread that i wanted to pull all together into one place. The OP is even written as such, so its very misleading. If its misleading to me then it most certainly is to a new user. So we have two options here, either open a new properly titled thread or the original one gets edited by the OP to make it a availability thread, which is fine.

Personally at this point i think a new one would be better, with the OP written with a current availability and a proper title. This would be much more helpful for all, as wading through all the previous old posts would be tiresome.

As i said, i am working to make this forum a nice place for all users, hence the pooling of information in the sticky threads. What i dont need is PMs that some of which can come across as very pushy. I do not respond to these sort of PMs. I am not saying i dont want to hear users suggestions, they are appreciated. Just try to do it in a polite informative manner, i am more than willing to negotiate. Not saying all the PMs were pushy, just a couple, so dont be offended.

So what are your thoughts, anybody up for starting a nice informative OP for a Indian availability thread?

Last edited:

JulyDerek

Dec 21, 2010
Mumbai
Mod could have just changed the thread title if he wanted to. Locking the thread down was wrong.

Anyways, as there is a New similar thread now opened, alls well thats ends well.... :)

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
Mod could have just changed the thread title if he wanted to. Locking the thread down was wrong.

Anyways, as there is a New similar thread now opened, alls well thats ends well.... :)

Its been settled, drop it! I have explained the reasons why it was closed. You just stirring more trouble up is not going to help your cause. My advice has not been taken and the OP of the new thread is still not up to the standard. Now i suggest you read before posting again!

exynoss

Feb 4, 2012
delhi
Its been settled, drop it! I have explained the reasons why it was closed. You just stirring more trouble up is not going to help your cause. My advice has not been taken and the OP of the new thread is still not up to the standard. Now i suggest you read before posting again!

Hi Mod...

I am the OP of official Indian Note 2 thread.( Which everyone talking about )..... I just read your valuable comments....u said their i should rename that thread title to get that in business again...But can u tell me how can i rename the title of that thread i asked u because u locked that thread...

As far as i know there are tons of country related threads in every mobile phone general section....So i can not understand why that thread is closed.

We Indian Friends were there like a community to help out each other , so please consider our centiments

Waiting for a positive reply from you

Thanks & Best Regards

Manoj Sharma

Last edited:

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Sir, please understand the Moderator put in place threads for the entire Community, not just for your needs or requests. Reread O_G post, and move on...be understanding that the allowing of an OT and a few others threads is welcomed.
If this doesn't stop of "my thread...my thread"...The Moderator Team could just result in shutting down ALL non development threads down, and use what others deem as an iron fist type solution. This is not a threat, just an ask of compliance by understanding the "big" picture.
Additionally, I will ask all do not PM me requesting or wanting me to reevaluate another Moderator actions. As the actions taken here I fully support.

Enough said, thank you all for your time in this matter. Move on...

Hi Mod...

I am the OP of official Indian Note 2 thread.( Which everyone talking about )..... I just read your valuable comments....u said their i should rename that thread title to get that in business again...But can u tell me how can i rename the title of that thread i asked u because u locked that thread...

As far as i know there are tons of country related threads in every mobile phone general section....So i can not understand why that thread is closed.

We Indian Friends were there like a community to help out each other , so please consider our centiments

Waiting for a positive reply from you

Thanks & Best Regards

Manoj Sharma

Last edited:
Reactions: O_G

DakiX

Mar 11, 2012
Hi guys, my ROM is finally finished and now uploaded at 89%.
I need a tester! My Note 2 has not arrived yet :(

Please write via PM.

dryspuri

Oct 15, 2009
Chennai
Indian friends, whats happening!! do we have a thread or not!!, any one from pune, whats update on availability of grey!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official Off-Topic Thread

Hi to all from the moderation team. With a fast growing community there is a massive amount of general off topic chit chat going around in this forum. So we thought it best to give all a place to have a chat. This should hopefully take some pressure off the forums, so making it a better place for us all as there should be less junk to wade through trying to find what we need.

Now with that said, this does not mean there are no rules to this thread. All of XDA rules still apply. Flaming and the belittling of other users (of any title) will not be tolerated and dealt with harshly by the moderation team. This should be a fun place for us all to have a chat and a general vent of frustrations. Any moderation issues should still be handled by PM.

Let the fun begin!
    OK Guys, i hear you. The intention was not to only shut the Indian thread. It was shut because it was not titled as a Indian availability thread more a review/specs thread that i wanted to pull all together into one place. The OP is even written as such, so its very misleading. If its misleading to me then it most certainly is to a new user. So we have two options here, either open a new properly titled thread or the original one gets edited by the OP to make it a availability thread, which is fine.

Personally at this point i think a new one would be better, with the OP written with a current availability and a proper title. This would be much more helpful for all, as wading through all the previous old posts would be tiresome.

As i said, i am working to make this forum a nice place for all users, hence the pooling of information in the sticky threads. What i dont need is PMs that some of which can come across as very pushy. I do not respond to these sort of PMs. I am not saying i dont want to hear users suggestions, they are appreciated. Just try to do it in a polite informative manner, i am more than willing to negotiate. Not saying all the PMs were pushy, just a couple, so dont be offended.

So what are your thoughts, anybody up for starting a nice informative OP for a Indian availability thread?
    All those people trying to complete their 10 posts by posting useless comments should know that this is against XDA's rules. If a mod comes to know about this, he can reset your post count to 0, and can even ban you.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28783847

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    lolol.jpg