[Q] Superwipe on the Sensation

Search This thread

omergh

Oct 27, 2010
istanbul
not working guys not working i m going to crazy :mad: please help me there is lots of things stay after install rom stock or custom there is no different i have done süper wipe manually wipe everything but nothing is working help meeeeeeee

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
not working guys not working i m going to crazy :mad: please help me there is lots of things stay after install rom stock or custom there is no different i have done süper wipe manually wipe everything but nothing is working help meeeeeeee

what exactly remains after flashing a rom
did you do a full wipe before flashing any rom?

Reactions: omergh

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
example wallpaper connected wifi points screen timeout setting vs vs i do full wipe from recovery and i do super wipe before stock or cutom rom i install stock rom with ruu

try to flash stock rom again
see my signature for stock rom
but do only full wipe from recovery before flashing the rom
tell me also what recovery do you have?

omergh

Oct 27, 2010
istanbul
try to flash stock rom again
see my signature for stock rom
but do only full wipe from recovery before flashing the rom
tell me also what recovery do you have?

ido it like u say i have 4ext recovery updater i install recovery with this app what do u mean only full wipe which selection should i do top of yhe wipe menu?

omergh

Oct 27, 2010
istanbul
ido like u say but its not working for me when i do format all patitions after install stock rom with ruu i see same wifi points is there before i connet how this happen i dont know

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
ido like u say but its not working for me when i do format all patitions after install stock rom with ruu i see same wifi points is there before i connet how this happen i dont know

what do you mean:
1)stock rom with ruu?
from the link i told you it is not a ruu
2)wifi points?

edit: post also your bootloader details

omergh

Oct 27, 2010
istanbul
i install stock rom with RUU_PYRAMID_LE_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_3.33.401.153_Radio_11.76A.3504.00U_11.24A.3504.31_M_release_281004_signed.exe file
after wiping and installing rom i do start setting after i see in wireless setting wifi points before i connect sorry for my bad english

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
i install stock rom with RUU_PYRAMID_LE_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_3.33.401.153_Radio_11.76A.3504.00U_11.24A.3504.31_M_release_281004_signed.exe file
after wiping and installing rom i do start setting after i see in wireless setting wifi points before i connect sorry for my bad english

actually that is not stock rom
it is a ruu.exe which returns the device into completely stock condition as you bought it
but wait tell me something
did you try to install that ruu from recovery?:eek:

omergh

Oct 27, 2010
istanbul
no wifi is not enables automatically i see wifi points which i have connect before in wireless menu after install ruu i dont have 4ext recovery each after install i root my phone again and i install 4ext recovery updater and install recovery

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
no wifi is not enables automatically i see wifi points which i have connect before in wireless menu after install ruu i dont have 4ext recovery each after install i root my phone again and i install 4ext recovery updater and install recovery

now i got it
you mean that you still have stored wifi networks but they aren't erasing after ruu installation
if yes then that is weird:confused:

but lets try with stock rom
flash the stock rom from 4ext(see my signature)

but before flashing stock
do a nandroid backup just in case from 4ext
format all partitions except sdcard
enable smartflash from 4ext(only if you are S-ON)
flash the rom from 4ext

Last edited:

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
ok but my phone is sensation xe where can i find the xe stock rom i coldnt find in your signature and some info for u boot unlocked s off hboot 1.29

can i use in this link de-odexed http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1923629
or which one i should download odexed or de-odexed

in the link i gave you if you go to the second post you will see the one for the sensation xe:cool:
but you can use that link too
install the de-odexed one

edit:don't enable smartflash because you are S-OFF

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you go.
    I used the Full_wipe.zip from CoreDroid rom which worked perfectly.

You can try this if superwipe does not work for you.
    You can do it in CWM but is just so much easier to run the superwipe script. I have been using Mike's ARHD Superwipe script practically from the day we got the Sensation unlocked and have never had a single issue. And don't read too much into the thread you linked b/c running the superwipe script will not do anything to brick your phone. If you don't want to superwipe then you can factory reset, clear cache, format cache, format system, format data, and wipe dalvic cache which should do the same as the script. Welcome on board and happy flashing :)

Can we just wipe all the data using cwm, I want to root and apply a Rom, I'm not new to this as I have rooted and installed Roms on my vibrant. I never used no superwipe on my vibrant. After reading this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1261458 I don't even want to risk using superwipe
    I use this if moving to a different ROM:

http://www.multiupload.com/CYTE1KKXHS

(new link to the one that was on mike1986's thread)
    What does super wipe do? Will it wipe all sdcard(like format)?
    No, it just removes some system files from the SD card, but doesn't format it.

The following directories will get removed recursively from the SD card:

• .android_secure
    • .bookmark_thumb1
    • .data/footprints
    • .data/mail
    • Android/data/com.android.providers.media
    • sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.genie.geniewidget.news-content-cache
    • sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.maps
    • sdcard/.data/navigator/Data/Temporary
    • sdcard/LazyList
    • sdcard/LOST.DIR

However your system, data and boot partition will get formatted, as well as a cache partition on your SD card.