Xperia Z1 screen turns completely negative

Search This thread

GokuSS1

Aug 22, 2013
Hey guys
A week back, I went to the swimming pool and even though everything was firmly shut, some water got into the sim card and sd card slots, along with some condensation on both cameras.
As a result, I kept everything in rice overnight and all the water went by the next morning. As I turned my screen on, a bluish tint spread across the whole thing, and started flickering while I was on the lock screen. I turned it off and later in the evening when I checked it, it was normal for a few seconds after which the same thing happened. It gradually worsened.
As of now, the WHOLE screen is negative, and there is no option in the Accessibility section to reverse it, if that is the problem.
Nothing else is wrong and I restored my phone to factory settings, with no change.
Please help.
Xperia Z1 C6903

The screen turns COMPLETELY photo negative, like how you edit a photo to change it to negative.

Last edited:

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
I think the overnight in rise was not enough to get rid of the water and maybe some condensation made the Short circuit. I think nothing you can do now and I will send it back via warranty and check what they said, maybe you are lucky.

Reactions: GokuSS1

GokuSS1

Aug 22, 2013
I think the overnight in rise was not enough to get rid of the water and maybe some condensation made the Short circuit. I think nothing you can do now and I will send it back via warranty and check what they said, maybe you are lucky.

So the water can make the whole screen negative?

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Check also if the Bootanimation after reboot is in negative too, if yes, then the LCD or motherboard is dead/broken/faulty.

GokuSS1

Aug 22, 2013
Literally everything is negative, including the boot animation.
Thank God I have warranty :D
So, is there any way I can fix it on my own?

MARKOZD15

Dec 19, 2013
Zadar
What happened in the end??

I have the same problem with my phone, like a white fade all over the screen

inboxedshoe

Jul 1, 2014
It's the same problem here except I only took a bath with it and that was a day before. The sony logo is normal for 1 sec then rapidly whitens out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.