G2 screen behaving erratically! Help!

Search This thread

acolyte26

Jul 6, 2011
Kathmandu
This morning my g2 started going crazy. The touchscreen started behaving erratically. It is displaying erratic scrolls and touches. screen is behaving wildly.

Here is a video illustrating the issue, http://youtu.be/oCjxIYkrZj8

I have a Tmobile variant with Cloudy g3 ROM installed. I have had the phone for three months and installed the Cloudy G3 rom a few weeks back and everything was running fine, it just started this morning.

I factory reset the phone but still getting the problem, I get the same problem even when I am in recovery. Could this be a hardware problem?
Has anyone had this issue? Any help would be highly appreciated. I currently have turned off my phone cause it is almost useless :(

Last edited:

yonef

Jul 28, 2006
Plovdiv
This morning my g2 started going crazy. The touchscreen started behaving erratically. It is displaying erratic scrolls and touches. screen is behaving wildly.

Here is a video illustrating the issue, http://youtu.be/oCjxIYkrZj8

I have a Tmobile variant with Cloudy g3 ROM installed. I have had the phone for three months and installed the Cloudy G3 rom a few weeks back and everything was running fine, it just started this morning.

I factory reset the phone but still getting the problem, I get the same problem even when I am in recovery. Could this be a hardware problem?
Has anyone had this issue? Any help would be highly appreciated. I currently have turned off my phone cause it is almost useless :(

Have you used non original charger !?

yonef

Jul 28, 2006
Plovdiv
I did a few times. Could that be the cause? If yes..what can I do now?

I noticed that when I plug mine to some other (rather old) charger it starts to do the same thing on my screen and unpluged it immediately! and fortunatelly the effect faded away in few hours. I don't know if you kept it for a long time, could this be a permanent :(

P.S.
...just a long shot: try deplete your battery fully, leave phone off for some time, and fully charge it with the original charger

acolyte26

Jul 6, 2011
Kathmandu
I noticed that when I plug mine to some other (rather old) charger it starts to do the same thing on my screen and unpluged it immediately! and fortunatelly the effect faded away in few hours. I don't know if you kept it for a long time, could this be a permanent :(

P.S.
...just a long shot: try deplete your battery fully, leave phone off for some time, and fully charge it with the original charger

In the morning it was acting like that..I kept the phone off for a few hours and then I noticed that it was working fine for some time and then it went back to being erratic. So I turned it off again.

Now I am charging from the original charger and so far it is working okay. Let's see if it stays that way. Just praying I haven't damaged it permanently.

Thanks for the help.