[POLL] Unlocking Bootloader on TF700

Have you been able to unlock your bootloader on the TF700 using the ASUS utility?

• Yes

Votes: 113 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 58 23.1%
  • Haven't tried or don't know

Votes: 80 31.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

dankens

Aug 9, 2012
So finally after 5 days of daily trying i bit the bullet, wiped, downgraded to ics, tried a few more times with no avail...

and then on a follow up attempt.... success!.

not sure if ics had anything to do with it or whether its better to try daily or just keep spamming till it works.

Good luck to everyone who still tries to unlock theirs.

bckldwn

Mar 19, 2012
Toronto
Nexus 7 (2013)
So finally after 5 days of daily trying i bit the bullet, wiped, downgraded to ics, tried a few more times with no avail...

and then on a follow up attempt.... success!.

not sure if ics had anything to do with it or whether its better to try daily or just keep spamming till it works.

Good luck to everyone who still tries to unlock theirs.

Did you have that network connection error message for all the times it didn't work?

hashish16

Jul 28, 2010
I am not sure if this comment is kosher, but the app connects with Asus to register that the device has been unlocked. Is there anyway to circumvent this, i.e. emulate the Asus server?

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
I am not sure if this comment is kosher, but the app connects with Asus to register that the device has been unlocked. Is there anyway to circumvent this, i.e. emulate the Asus server?

No way. Each device has a unique encryption key, and only the Asus server has the matching data for unlocking. So you could emulate the server, but you wouldn't know what response to send.

dankens

Aug 9, 2012
just download ics .30 from asus website, unzip (once), put it on microsd. reinsert microsd and update should popup in notification area.

Just a heads up, in a downgrade it wipes everything including root.

wctaylor79

Mar 11, 2010
used phone to tether and unlocked my 700 driving down the highway. coming from stock fully updated jelly bean.. One time no problem. used goo manager flashed over recovery and good to go..

cowhow

Mar 1, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
Man, this is a tough one. Just bought my TF700 and I got to admit I'm struggling with whether or not to unlock the BL. While I want the freedom unlocking gives me, it kind of scares the $#@$% out of me to think I've got a brand new device with no warranty. Decisions, decisions...[see hand wringing and pacing back and forth]

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
Man, this is a tough one. Just bought my TF700 and I got to admit I'm struggling with whether or not to unlock the BL. While I want the freedom unlocking gives me, it kind of scares the $#@$% out of me to think I've got a brand new device with no warranty. Decisions, decisions...[see hand wringing and pacing back and forth]

I lasted about 3 1\2 months before unlocking.
Kind of just tossed in the towel after the OTAs from our buds at Asus infused my tab with worse performance.
C'est la vie...

wctaylor79

Mar 11, 2010

Not sure if this is an option for you, but look into Squaretrade. 3rd party warranty that won't matter if you botch it up. Realistically though follow directions and you should have no issue. I only unlocked once I secured an alternative warranty .. just in case for the future of the device. :)

kulapika

May 22, 2012
the same issue

I have this problem too. Is there anyone who had this issue and solved it already? Can someone share their experience? Should I call Asus to figure it out? I really wanna have custom rom installed!! Please help!!:crying:

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I have this problem too. Is there anyone who had this issue and solved it already? Can someone share their experience? Should I call Asus to figure it out? I really wanna have custom rom installed!! Please help!!:crying:

I only seen 2 issues here, if you got the error "network issue" then it's Asus server, if your device reboot and attempted to unlock then failed then something with your device (like OS is not stock or something ...), I make sure mine is stock and temp unrooted before I unlocked and everything went fine.

aerce

Apr 8, 2011
Norway
I have tried it on JB, and I have downgraded to ICS and tried it there too without any luck. Just getting network issue message. I really want to unlock my tablet, because of this insane lag, please help me.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I have tried it on JB, and I have downgraded to ICS and tried it there too without any luck. Just getting network issue message. I really want to unlock my tablet, because of this insane lag, please help me.

Network issue is Asus server.. You can contact them or just wait....and keep trying.

bckldwn

Mar 19, 2012
Toronto
Nexus 7 (2013)
I only seen 2 issues here, if you got the error "network issue" then it's Asus server, if your device reboot and attempted to unlock then failed then something with your device (like OS is not stock or something ...), I make sure mine is stock and temp unrooted before I unlocked and everything went fine.

As I've said before, maybe in another thread, I have made Tien aware of this issue and sent him a logcat of the DM server response so I really hope they are looking into it now.

He hasn't got back to me about any updates on that end though.. fingers crossed that we will be able to unlock soon!

kulapika

May 22, 2012
I just think it's ridiculous!! How can they have this issue on their serve and not fix it immediately? Is it that hard? If so, why can they let other devices to be unlocked at the first place? It is just ridiculous....:(

As I've said before, maybe in another thread, I have made Tien aware of this issue and sent him a logcat of the DM server response so I really hope they are looking into it now.

He hasn't got back to me about any updates on that end though.. fingers crossed that we will be able to unlock soon!

bckldwn

Mar 19, 2012
Toronto
Nexus 7 (2013)
I just think it's ridiculous!! How can they have this issue on their serve and not fix it immediately? Is it that hard? If so, why can they let other devices to be unlocked at the first place? It is just ridiculous....:(

I could be wrong but I believe the server is not in their hands anymore.. I forget where I read this from though.
I fully agree with you, we shouldn't be having issues like these, it's ridiculous.. I can't exchange/refund my tablet either :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,
    i finally got mine unlocked.

i hope this works for more people too:

1. i registered my device on the asus Siteus. (dont know if that is necessary)
    2. after that i clickt on the contact technical support button
    3. i wrote this to the support:
    I want to use the unlock tool from asus, but a error shows up:
    unknown network error,
    please wait and try later.

People over at xda developer say that it is a problem with your server.
    The tool trys to connect, to check my serial number and mark that number as
    unlocked. That seems not to work. Can you fix your server. Would be great.

4. i got an answer from asus the day after, and they wanted to know my WiFi Mac Address(seems to be important for the unlock tool)
    he said he will give the mac address to his colleagues to check it (my serial he already had)

5. half a day later i could unlock my device

hope this helps others. plz report here if it works for you too

sry for english mistakes and a happy x-mas from germany
    http://d-h.st/pLH
    Can't you doods just download the .apk from the above link and run it?
    Maybe I'm not understannding what's going on with the server down thing.

From a tablet running CleanROM 2.3

The app is going to connect to Asus server to register in order to unlock. The app is not just unlock your device locally.
    Where did you you find the link?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

I got it from here: http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=28&s=1&m=ASUS+Transformer+Pad+Infinity+TF700T

Select Android as the OS.

Remember: As far as I know, once you unlock, there is no going back. You lose your warranty.

You can get more info about the unlocker from this thread (the 'Can I unlock the bootloader?' section): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1834521

Also, this video will be useful to get an idea before getting your hands dirty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iank8iYulzo&feature=youtu.be