[NOW PUBLIC] Team Codefire Presents: Project FreeGee for Bell, Rogers and Telus

Search This thread

vertsub

Jan 11, 2012
I had originally unlocked back in December before the ROMs came out but then I applied the g update for the battery fix and lost my unlock.

When cm10 dropped I had to manually remove the backup folder every time it failed and even then it took me 10 tries.

The app finally worked perfectly for me after about an hour of trying and restoring back to stock using kdz.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 2

bossman74

Mar 19, 2008
Shawinigan
did you apply the ota update?

No but I do get the notification every time I reboot after flashing to stock.

Should I apply it ?

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

I had originally unlocked back in December before the ROMs came out but then I applied the g update for the battery fix and lost my unlock.

When cm10 dropped I had to manually remove the backup folder every time it failed and even then it took me 10 tries.

The app finally worked perfectly for me after about an hour of trying and restoring back to stock using kdz.

You mean the Backup folder in your directory where Freegee is installed on your computer ?

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Rogers E can't be rooted unless you rooted D and did their OTA.
So maybe go back down to D and try.

*edit nvm you have Telus.

LG Optimus G E971

vertsub

Jan 11, 2012
No but I do get the notification every time I reboot after flashing to stock.

Should I apply it ?

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

You mean the Backup folder in your directory where Freegee is installed on your computer ?

Both the one on my computer and the one on my phone.

bossman74

Mar 19, 2008
Shawinigan
Both the one on my computer and the one on my phone.

I'll give it a try and let you know, thanks for the suggestion.

Not working :( I'll always see this "error" in the script when I run freegee.bat
Unable to chmod freegee.sh: No such file or directory
sh : / freegee.sh: not found

Is this normal ?

I also notice this error
can't remove old file freegee-working/recovery-telus-freegee.img : permission denied

Last edited:

vertsub

Jan 11, 2012
I'll give it a try and let you know, thanks for the suggestion.

Not working :( I'll always see this "error" in the script when I run freegee.bat
Unable to chmod freegee.sh: No such file or directory
sh : / freegee.sh: not found

Is this normal ?

I also notice this error
can't remove old file freegee-working/recovery-telus-freegee.img : permission denied

That's exactly what I had. After a few dozen tries it finally worked all by itself.

vertsub

Jan 11, 2012
And how do you know if it worked without rebooting ? I reboot to try to get into CWM and find out it failed by getting into a soft brick.

Also what exactly did you delete on the computer and the phone ?

At first I couldn't get the bootloader to unlock with the computer or with the freegee app. I deleted the backup folder from my phone, the kdz'd back to stock, and then tried the freegee app again and it just worked and said the bootloader was unlocked successfully.

mackdaddy187

Jul 5, 2010
Brampton
The recovery does nothing for me. It backed up just fine. But then I tried to install the stock JB rom and it says flashing successful in 2 seconds. Then I reboot and obviously it fails to boot as I deleted /system to install the rom. When I go to restore the backup I made I get md5 mismatch error.

So I had to flash the kdz to get the phone running. I rooted and flashed freegee again. Again when I dirty flash the rom to test, in 2 secs I get successful message but nothing changed. I didn't delete /system this time so I would not have to flash kdz again.

Running Rogers E971

Funk2641

Dec 2, 2008
Atlanta
Hi, I seem to have some issues:

I've tried the FreeGee app from the marketplace and get this error: "there was a problem untaring the file. Please try again"

I've tried the .bat file and it says:

./freegee.sh[7]: exhit: not found
./freegee.sh.[12]: busybox: not found
This script is for the wrong device...etc, even though I have a bell device and downloaded the bell version.

What could be causing these issues? My software version is E97310h, if that helps

Thanks

dpvu

Oct 13, 2010

I've tried the FreeGee app from the marketplace and get this error: "there was a problem untaring the file. Please try again"

This script is for the wrong device...etc, even though I have a bell device and downloaded the bell version.

What could be causing these issues? My software version is E97310h, if that helps

Thanks

Are you rooted?

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

Funk2641

Dec 2, 2008
Atlanta
yep

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

ooop, it was busybox being a pain in the neck

it's all good

tankzar

Oct 2, 2007
Vancouver, BC

Thanks

+1, having the same issues here. I am rooted, confirmed with Root Checker. Anybody have any ideas?

Shelnutt2

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2010
Is flashing aboot and boot necessary or can I just flash recovery to get cwm?
I really only want cwm for nandroid backups and to flash an odd zip here and there.

You can skip boot but you need aboot (bootloader).

+1, having the same issues here. I am rooted, confirmed with Root Checker. Anybody have any ideas?

Install busybox from the market.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: xxbeanxx

SharkbotJR

Jul 7, 2011
winnipeg
Just wondering if this is safe to use on my e973. I did an ota update when I got the phone a couple of days ago. I got root and installed busy box. Dont know what other info I need.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts