[Q] Permanent Disable airplane mode option in Custom ROM

Search This thread

evrkusd

Nov 18, 2013
New York
I'm working on permanently disabling airplane mode in a slightly customized ROM I'm working on. Essentially, I want nothing to change when a user clicks the airplane mode button.

This is on the Verizon Galaxy Tab 2 (sch-i705).

I'm hoping for a simple solution (i.e. deleting some module) that will disable the functionality behind airplane mode or adjust which radios toggle when airplane mode is enabled.

I'm not sure where to start - right now I'm slogging through an upacked system.img with no success, and haven't found anything in my xda/google searches. Ideas of what files I could remove or modify?

Last edited:

evrkusd

Nov 18, 2013
New York
So far I've tried looking through existing modules to see if airplane mode is like wifi (ie has drivers or something that can somehow be removed). It was a longshot, and I didn't come up with anything.

Anyone have any idea what I could modify in the system image to adjust which radios airplane mode toggles?

evrkusd

Nov 18, 2013
New York
Out of curiosity... why?

Sent from my GT-p511x

I'm working on designing an educational tablet that can be remotely managed (new content can be pushed, new apps can be added for the students, etc.). The issue is, if a student accidentally (or on purpose) turns on Airplane Mode, I would lose my connection with the tablet and be unable to interact with it, or restore it remotely. Not allowing airplane mode would be an easy way to avoid this problem.

It doesn't seem like there is an easy way to do this though.. I'm trying to sort out whether I could change the radios Airplane Mode toggles, or maybe change the UI so Airplane mode isn't offered as an option (right now it can only be accessed by pushing the power button, because I have access to settings restricted)

Any ideas?

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
That sounds like that solves your problem to remove airplane mode from the power menu.

Sent from my GT-p511x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not available on my device, unfortunately. I'm on sch-i705 if that makes a difference.

Maybe check in developer options? If you don't have it, tap the build number multiple times...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app