CPUID?

Search This thread
Jan 4, 2011
Ok guys I was given this A500 after my brother in law passed away. It is bricked. It will get stuck at the acer boot screen. I have to get the cpuid so I can unlock it but I don't know how to retrieve it. Can anyone help me please. I'm about to pull the last of my hair out. Then it will be on to the beard and I would rather not go there. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

*fergs*

Apr 24, 2014
Perth Australia
Ok guys I was given this A500 after my brother in law passed away. It is bricked. It will get stuck at the acer boot screen. I have to get the cpuid so I can unlock it but I don't know how to retrieve it. Can anyone help me please. I'm about to pull the last of my hair out. Then it will be on to the beard and I would rather not go there. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

start reading my post & links to others mate

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52327243#post52327243

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City

If it's got an ext sd card check to see if there's a " clockwork mod/backup " folder on it. Yr cpuid is stored in a txt file in the backup folder. And is by far the easiest way to get it....

If there isn't - you will need to follow the Linux procedure to retrieve it, as fergs did.

The update.zip method "may" work, you can find one in the root guide to use and instructions as well.

Good luck chap!!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Jan 4, 2011
There was no card in it when I got it.. He wasn't very tech say so it should be stock. From what I can tell it has the stock bootloader. I have tried us be view and can find nothing that looks right I read somewhere that it would only work if the tablet was hooked to my computer before it went bad. It wasn't as it wasn't mine when it worked. We. It quit on him he went and got another brand tablet and just said this one was junk but wouldn't give it up. I am trying to fix it for my inlaws. I'm not the best at this stuff either but have done a lot of reading. Some stuff makes sense others dont. I have tried multiple times and multiple stock rooms through the update.zip way.
If it's got an ext sd card check to see if there's a " clockwork mod/backup " folder on it. Yr cpuid is stored in a txt file in the backup folder. And is by far the easiest way to get it....

If there isn't - you will need to follow the Linux procedure to retrieve it, as fergs did.

The update.zip method "may" work, you can find one in the root guide to use and instructions as well.

Good luck chap!!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
There was no card in it when I got it.. He wasn't very tech say so it should be stock. From what I can tell it has the stock bootloader. I have tried us be view and can find nothing that looks right I read somewhere that it would only work if the tablet was hooked to my computer before it went bad. It wasn't as it wasn't mine when it worked. We. It quit on him he went and got another brand tablet and just said this one was junk but wouldn't give it up. I am trying to fix it for my inlaws. I'm not the best at this stuff either but have done a lot of reading. Some stuff makes sense others dont. I have tried multiple times and multiple stock rooms through the update.zip way.

Hmmm was worth a shot for the ext sd card...update.zip was a long shot, usually these issues can only be resolved with a manual nvflash method...this will also determine if the tab is one of those with a faulty memory chip in which case it is toast:(

But to find out you will need the cpuid - there is a guide stickied in the General forum by 'srbeen' on how to use linux to retrieve your cpuid. I am no help with this as I've never had to use it and I'm illiterate in regards to llinux. Have a read thru the thread and see what you think.. @*fergs* might be able to help you out if you ask him nicely:)

good luck with it
dibb

Jan 4, 2011
Hmmm was worth a shot for the ext sd card...update.zip was a long shot, usually these issues can only be resolved with a manual nvflash method...this will also determine if the tab is one of those with a faulty memory chip in which case it is toast:(

But to find out you will need the cpuid - there is a guide stickied in the General forum by 'srbeen' on how to use linux to retrieve your cpuid. I am no help with this as I've never had to use it and I'm illiterate in regards to llinux. Have a read thru the thread and see what you think.. @*fergs* might be able to help you out if you ask him nicely:)

good luck with it
dibb

Thanks but I don't have Linux nor do I know how to use it either. I usually root my phones but that's about it. Maybe change little stuff so I've never needed to use it. Guess I better learn huh. I have read about the memory chips I'm hoping it's not toast. Don't wanna dish out the cash for a new one.