[ROM][IMM76L][4.0.4][AOSP] ICS333 2.0.1 | Team 3xtr3m3 | Fast,stable,easy (6/7/2012)

Search This thread

kabracity

Apr 8, 2011
Gamerzrom..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

If you have CWM (I guess you'll have it being a custom rom) just make factory reset wipe and install the zips (rom+gapps). If you get a bootlop first time, just reflash the zips.

Edit: If you backup with titanium take care with restoring system data as GamerzRom is a Gingerbread based ROM (If I remember well) and you can get FC's (I wouldn't restore any system data if I were you)

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: NaylinnMaung

NaylinnMaung

Aug 2, 2011
If you have CWM (I guess you'll have it being a custom rom) just make factory reset wipe and install the zips (rom+gapps). If you get a bootlop first time, just reflash the zips.

Edit: If you backup with titanium take care with restoring system data as GamerzRom is a Gingerbread based ROM (If I remember well) and you can get FC's (I wouldn't restore any system data if I were you)

Good luck!

THx.. man, I'll think about it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Reactions: Dan-D

BradleyR2010

Jul 30, 2010
GT
I would have narrowed on your thought, however the same game works flawless when i move to stock ROM. both cases, i have not changed any SD data.

Either ways i will give a try with gameloft forums again, last time i checked there wasnt enough info on backstab.

Stock is Ginger Bread , games are not compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich i know this because i had Spider Man and in Ginger Bread worked well, moved to ICS and the game just FC, ive spend a whole day with Gameloft's Support and in the end they told me its was their fault and they would work on fixing it and gave me a free game in return :p

Reactions: el_navajita

kanisian

Nov 27, 2010
Melbourne
Hi guys. just a quick question. I started using the rom yesterday. Everything goes smoothly without problem except the battery. I flashed my phone in the morning with full battery. Then I went to uni and got back home 6 hours later with flat battery. I thought it was still adjusting stuff. So I charged it to full again and I went out again at 6PM with full juice. Around half an hour later, it went down to 85 and when I got home 5 hours later, it only had 5% left. So I checked the battery usage and guess what? Android OS was there with big percentages. I thought 4.0.4 was supposed to fix android os bug? Can anyone help me on this? I'm using everything as is btw, didn't change the kernel or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

P.S: Great ROM btw, thanks to the devs. This problem might only be me. :eek:

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
OnePlus 5T
Realme 7
Hi guys. just a quick question. I started using the rom yesterday. Everything goes smoothly without problem except the battery. I flashed my phone in the morning with full battery. Then I went to uni and got back home 6 hours later with flat battery. I thought it was still adjusting stuff. So I charged it to full again and I went out again at 6PM with full juice. Around half an hour later, it went down to 85 and when I got home 5 hours later, it only had 5% left. So I checked the battery usage and guess what? Android OS was there with big percentages. I thought 4.0.4 was supposed to fix android os bug? Can anyone help me on this? I'm using everything as is btw, didn't change the kernel or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Install Badass Battery monitor, It will tell you exactly whats eating battery.

kabracity

Apr 8, 2011

I've rechecked and I don't have the problem, Android OS is at 3% for me, so it could be related to some app.

No video player?
Is there anyway to add?

Stock AOSP video player is the gallery itself, which is very limited (or was at least in GB). I use Mobo Player, but there are lots of them on the market.

Reactions: el_navajita

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
OnePlus 5T
Realme 7
I have been very loyal to Elite since it turned up. Tried ICS333 two days ago, Flashed back to Elite 11 yesterday..... Back on 333 today.
Both ROM's are excellent but right now you have the edge with Toggles and Longpress apk kill. Other than that I cant tell the difference both rom's are fast,stable and have good battery.
Thank you all good dev's out there.:D:D:D

el_navajita

Aug 5, 2010
I have been very loyal to Elite since it turned up. Tried ICS333 two days ago, Flashed back to Elite 11 yesterday..... Back on 333 today.
Both ROM's are excellent but right now you have the edge with Toggles and Longpress apk kill. Other than that I cant tell the difference both rom's are fast,stable and have good battery.
Thank you all good dev's out there.:D:D:D

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your comments. Since I'm building from sources I'm modifying the code to add functionalities and improve current ones, so expect updates soon :)

el_navajita

Aug 5, 2010

Really strange, never happened to me before. It's possible that a malfunctioning app is keeping OS active.

Reactions: NaylinnMaung

el_navajita

Aug 5, 2010
Build from IMM76I source ?

Built from IMM76D. I'm happy you ask that question. Many people think that it is better to have a I9000 ROM based on IMM76I than a IMM76D one, but that is simply false. The changes introduced in IMM76I just affect the Galaxy Nexus phone, because it has been released just to fix a bug with the Galaxy Nexus telephony. If someone tells you that IMM76I is smoother and more stable, that's not true, that's just placebo or lack of knowledge (or pure marketing techniques).

NaylinnMaung

Aug 2, 2011
This rom is very nice(smooth,fast)
But I have this problem
I can't open browser through "Browser(Internet)" icon, it closes itself everytime.
I can only browse through google search bar.
Am I the only one who facing this problem?

el_navajita

Aug 5, 2010
This rom is very nice(smooth,fast)
But I have this problem
I can't open browser through "Browser(Internet)" icon, it closes itself everytime.
I can only browse through google search bar.
Am I the only one who facing this problem?

Erase Browser data in Settings -> Apps. Also, if you didn't make a full wipe before flashing and you're trying to open Browser using the icon in the launcher dock, that shortcut can be outdated, so you'd have to remove and add it again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is built from Google Android sources, with a few added functionalities programmed by me and others based on CM9 and AOKP to make it more comfortable and user-friendly, improving the user experience.
    This is a serious ROM, no functionalities of doubtful utility are added, and their source code is studied in order to be sure what they are exactly doing. This ROM is focused on providing stability and a better stock experience.

ics333logonavajitafixed.png

Main features:
    • Built from Android sources (IMM76L)
    • Improved notification bar toggles: long press a toggle to go to related Settings menu; multi-state sound toggle.
    • Numeric battery indicator (Optional - can be changed to stock battery indicator in Settings -> Battery -> Press Menu Button -> Change battery style).
    • Brightness control in status and notifications bars (Optional - can be disabled in Settings -> Display -> Brightness control slider).
    • Real and improved autobrightness: brightness really goes down when light decreases (Optional - Can be disabled in Settings -> Display - Automatic decrease). Based on stratosk's approach but using a logarithmic scale, which fits best to the human eye.
    • Extended power menu with reboot, recovery and screenshot.
    • TV-Out (Go to Settings -> Display to activate it).
    • Video face effects working
    • Application killing with long press on back button (Optional - Can be disabled in Settings -> Developer options -> Fast application killing).
    • Choose storage in Camera application
    • Power button shooter in Camera application
    • Timer option in Camera application
    • T9 Dialer
    • Galaxy S Settings from CM9 are 100% integrated in Settings menu
    • Removed "R" roaming indicator for national roaming
    • Root, Busybox and SuperSU
    • Kernel Semaphore 1.2.2s (387 MB RAM)
    • HugeMem patch for 720p video by F4K
    • Preinstalled app: OI File Manager
    • APN's predefined huge list (source: CM9)
    • Modified hosts file to remove ads in applications (source: http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt)

What works

Everything!

Known bugs
    • Camera FC when restoring default settings
    • Phone app FC if Bluetooth is disconnected while the phone is trying to connect to a Bluetooth headset

**************************************************************************************************

2.0.1 RELEASED!

ALWAYS READ THE FAQ AND SEARCH IN THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING!!!

Download Links

ICS333 2.0.1: http://d-h.st/PpL (Mirror: http://minus.com/mcnldhbFF/)
    GAPPS: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

If you have questions/problems or you just want to chat about it, you can also go here : http://webchat.freenode.net Channel : ##ICS333

**************************************************************************************************

How to update from a previous version of ICS333:
    1. Flash ICS333-2.0.1-signed.zip in CWM Recovery, without making any kind of wipe
    2. Flash the GAPPS
    3. Reboot. If you have followed these instructions, you won't have lost any data.
    4. If you notice, after updating, that your media (photos, music, videos...) appears twice in Music and Gallery apps, just clear "Media Storage" data (Settings -> Apps -> All -> Media Storage -> Clear data) and reboot. Then, just wait a long while (it can take even 1 hour depending on the amount of media files you have in your phone).
    5. Always check your IMEI after flashing. If it starts with 0049, you have lost your IMEI. If that's your case, read the installation guide for further instructions.

Clean Installation (if you come from other ROM)
    1. Follow the instructions that are available in this post: http://goo.gl/elAJv (big thanks to psyqiq)

FAQ
    1. I have flashed the ROM and it works OK, but I can't get signal or make/receive calls/sms. What is happening? You have lost your IMEI. You can get your IMEI back recovering your EFS backup (if you made one) or flashing a Gingrebread Stock ROM (look for one with PDA, PHONE and CSC) with Odin.
    2. I have flashed the ROM and I don't have Play Store. How can I install it? Before flashing, read the instructions! Download the gapps file and flash it.
    3. Does Facebook sync works? No, because adding Facebook sync breaks Picasa sync. The only responsible for this problem is Facebook. You can use third-party apps such as HaxSync for this purpose.
    4. Battery is draining fast. What is happening? Before reporting battery problems complete two charging cycles. If you still have battery problems, ask yourself how long should the battery last with your usage (we are not using an old Nokia phone with 1.0" screen) and discard that is caused by an application. And then, if you still have a draining problem, and you don't know the cause, report your problem attaching:
      1) Screenshots of every battery statistics
      2) BetterBatteryStats dump. You can download BetterBatteryStats in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1179809. To generate the dump press Menu key -> More -> Dump to File. The dump file will be generated in /sdcard, and its name starts with "BetterBatteryStats".
      3) The output of the logcat (the last one better in a private message). In order to get the logcat output, you will have to enable the Logger in the Semaphore app and reboot if you hadn't enabled it before. The logcat starts from scratch each time you reboot or turn on your phone so, wait some hours before sending it.
      Remember: just complaining about battery life without providing useful information doesn't help anybody and will not solve your problem.
    5. My music, photos and videos are duplicated in Music and Gallery apps. It usually happens when you flash the ROM without wipe. To fix that, just clear "Media Storage" data (Settings -> Apps -> All -> Media Storage -> Clear data) and reboot. Then, just wait a long while (it can take even 1 hour depending on the amount of media files you have in your phone).
    6. Suddenly, all apps start throwing FCs. What's happening? Your /datadata partition is full. The best solution is to wipe everything and make a clean install of the ROM. Then, when you have finished installing the ROM, flash one of these fixes: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1541942, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1665742.
    7. Does FM Radio work? Yes, you can download Spirit FM, but do it at your own risk.
    8. Does HW acceleration work when playing videos? Yes, but not with stock player. There are video players in the Play Store that support HW acceleration. For instance, Dice Player.
    9. The LED buttons don't turn on when I have notifications. How can I enable this feature? Download BLN Control from Play Store.
    10. Can I use other kernels such as Devil or MNICS?Yes, just follow their installation instructions as in any other ICS ROM.
    11. Can I customize or remove the toggles of the notification bar? No, you can't :) But maybe you want to publish a MOD for ICS333? :)

2.0.1 changelog:
    1. Updated to IMM76L build
    2. Changed updater script in order to make it harder to lose your IMEI when updating from Gingerbread

2.0 changelog:
    1. New autobrightness system, totally reworked from scratch. Based on the approach of stratosk, but using a logarithmic scale.
    2. Added option for enabling/disabling autobrightness decrease (Settings -> Display -> Autobrightness decrease)
    3. Added option for enabling/disabling "long press on back key to kill apps" (Settings -> Developer options -> Fast application killing)
    4. "Galaxy S Settings" is now totally integrated in the Settings menu.
    5. Updated kernel to Semaphore 1.2.2s (will help with bootloops).
    6. Modified installation script (trying to prevent some IMEI losses, but I can't promise anything).
    7. Updated Messages app: prevents FC when the mmsc is null in the APN.
    8. Updated Email app: prevents wake-ups in downloader component (source: CM9)
    9. Updated translations (thanks to all of you that have collaborated)
    10. Updated Busybox
    11. Updated APN list (source: CM9).
    12. Updated host file (source: http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt)

1.1 changelog:
    • Added an option to show/hide the brightness control slider of the notifications bar (Go to Settings -> Display -> Brightness control slider).
    • Added an option to change between stock battery icon and numeric battery icon (Go to Settings -> Battery -> Press Menu Button -> Change battery style).
    • Tried to prevent an infrequent soft reboot when loading the lock screen.

Older changelogs: http://pastebin.com/3Gbm6uxj

(Thanks to jarhead166 for the video)

engdevice20120425115200.png
    screenshot2012060400060.png
    screenshot2012060323570.png
    engdevice20120425115045.png
    engdevice20120425115105.png

Thanks to:
    • Huge thanks to Cyanogenmod team for their GalaxyS-specific code, some AOSP modifications and gapps
    • AOKP team (brightness control and fast application killing)
    • F4K for the BigMem patch
    • http://winhelp2002.mvps.org for the hosts file
    • stratosk for his awesome kernel
    • psyqiq for his awesome support
    :) I'm here, downloading 4.1 source :D
    Have you gone on holiday or are you sitting in a dark corner somewhere creating another masterpiece :cool::cool:

Hello, I have been really really busy these days with my real job :) But I'll start to work again in ICS333 the next week :)
    ICS333 2.0 released. Hope you enjoy it.
    Hello! Well, I've been watching the progress of CM10, which shows how mature is JB for our SGS. I'm a bit worried because there are still some problems that really affect stability and need to be solved. That's to say, it's ok for daily use if you don't mind to reboot your phone sometimes :) In fact, the M1 version has not been released yet. Fixing these problems is hard, requires a lot of hours that I don't have, and pawitp is really good at it so let's him do it :) I plan to use M1 as a base, and release a pure AOSP ROM. Then, start adding features one by one.

Cheers!