Buying from Mobiles.co.uk

Search This thread

SingaporeAirlines

Nov 3, 2008
Hertfordshire
Is it possible that on the mobiles.co.uk tariff, voicemail is charged as a call in minutes and hence forms part of your allowance. Outside of your allowance, it is charged per access.

At least, that's my interpretation of it.

stax

Apr 5, 2005
Reading the terms and conditions of mobiles.co.uk I found:
""Airtime Contract" means a contract entered into between you and your Network Operator relating to the provision of the Services;" probably they don't have control over any "Bolts on" given from O2. I hope so. :)

kilobulb

Nov 9, 2008
some people on the avforums got their xperia's from mobiles.co.uk and apparently it flags as a special contract on O2's systems that they can't change. One guy got O2 customer service to change his tariff so he had the unlimited web bolt on instead of unlimited texts but others have not been so lucky even after speaking to supervisors.

Just a heads up that it could well end up being £42.50 a month. However with the 40 quid from quidco and 5 months 1/2 price line rental it still works out cheaper than the tmobile deal from expansys. An average of £35.12 vs £40.61 a month over the 18 month contract as I calculate it.

Last edited:

chaosdefinesorder

Sep 16, 2007
Cambridge
That's strange. My sister is on O2 and she has free voicemail.

I'm on O2 PAYG at the moment and I have to pay for voicemail, but it's a once-per-occasion charge. I do, however, go for the "free voicemail" O2 treat when offered it. The existence of such an O2 treat is an added indicator.

It might be, however, that it's another case of the Telco screwing over those on PAYG compared to contract, so contract may be free to access...

As SingaporeAirlines says, it could well come as part of inclusive minutes...

some people on the avforums got their xperia's from mobiles.co.uk and apparently it flags as a special contract on O2's systems that they can't change. One guy got O2 customer service to change his tariff so he had the unlimited web bolt on instead of unlimited texts but others have not been so lucky even after speaking to supervisors.

Just a heads up that it could well end up being £42.50 a month. However with the 40 quid from quidco and 5 months 1/2 price line rental it still works out cheaper than the tmobile deal from expansys. An average of £35.12 vs £40.61 a month over the 18 month contract as I calculate it.

Oh I'm going to raise hell if they try and tell me that I can't change it despite the O2 terms and conditions clearly stating that I can!

a28

Nov 3, 2008
on O2 600
5 months 1/2 price: the total cost will be 35.00*16.5=577,5
£1.99 for 2 months: the total cost will be 35.00*16+1.99*2=564

am I right or not?
sorry for maybe stupid question...

dom_mitchell1

Mar 2, 2006
why u have to get rid of T-mobile....the HD will work with cingular or T-mobile.

Because that would mean shelling out a load of cash toget hold of the HD. Doing it this way I can still keep paying the same amount of money per month and get the phone for free.

T-Mobile have annoyed me about their speed of bringing handsets out as well. First the Vario III (Kaiser) came out while I was still tied in with my 18 months with my Vario II which I could live with but then the delay over the Touch Pro (which I would have upgraded to months ago now) and their attitude to its release (more details here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=412467&page=24) basically summarised by T-Mobile want people to buy the G1 and they've still got loads of stock of the Vario III they want to shift before they bring out the Vario IV despite that phone now being outdated.

SiliconS

Jun 13, 2004
How long is everybody having to wait to speak to the sales department at mobiles.co.uk? I've been on hold for 4 minutes and counting...

And this is both the sales *and* customer service number. :eek:

Edit: 8 minutes and counting...

Edit: Screw them - I gave up waiting on hold for sales, and so I tried customer services. (Option 7) Every time I tried that option I got cut off instantly. Either their phone system is screwed (and has been since last week when I first tried calling them) or their customer service is completely ineffective. I'm not impressed.

Last edited:

alchemyst

Nov 9, 2008
Heh, expansys went from 50 in stock to 48 in stock and now to 'Expected release date 11 Nov 08'. Does anyone have this phone!?

resque2

Feb 22, 2007

I am from US

I ordered from them superetrader last Friday.

Paid with Paypal include all shipping charge. Order confirmed.

Today I got an email message saying they want 30GBP

I don't know what exstra 30GBP for, so I look up their website, and the price is still exactly the same as when I ordered on Friday.

I called them, but only machine answer.

This is very aggravating the way they conduct business.

I just reply email back to them to cancel my order.

Let see what happen.

By the way, Overseas Electronics is stocking HD for $749 + shipping
http://www.welectronics.com/gsm/hTC/HTC-TOUCH-HD.HTML

dannyencasa

Jun 2, 2007
London
Just spoke to mobiles.co.uk and they have confirmed that you cannot switch the unlimited text from the O2 600 deal to unlimited data, As comes as one package in the deal.

SiliconS

Jun 13, 2004
Just spoke to mobiles.co.uk and they have confirmed that you cannot switch the unlimited text from the O2 600 deal to unlimited data, As comes as one package in the deal.

I'm amazed you managed to get through. I've tried them twice today with no luck. Waste of time. Given the response to your question it's not such an appealing package. Thanks for letting us know the outcome. :)

SingaporeAirlines

Nov 3, 2008
Hertfordshire
I've had big arguments with O2 and had a shouting match with one person. They are distinctly pedantic and vile people working in upgrades and retentions. Total Idiots. It's a wonder how they get through life.

Anyway, same here. They confirmed that if you buy from Mobiles.co.uk, then you cannot change your unlimited texts to unlimited data. You have to fork out £7.50 per month for that.

AFK_Matrix

Jul 24, 2006
Well that has pretty much made up my mind that I will buy from Expansys, as if I don't like the Touch (coming from a 2G Iphone) then I have 7 days to return it and cancel my Tmobile contract. Sucks though as you can get £40 off from quidco for buying at mobiles.co.uk and I also found some codes for a free bluetooth headset :(

It also seems really weird that they don't give you the choice seeing as their pushing the internet usage thing on such a big screen hey ho. I also suppose its the same type of thing for the Orange deals they have on there?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was mega keen on the iphone before i saw the hd pics/specs but the ONLY thing that lets it down is the **** syncing - I need a phone that CAN sync properly cos I have all my contacts in outlook 07 for my business, same with calendar.

It seems to sync fine for me now, just don't sign up for the MobileMe trial unless you intend to carry on paying: This is what caused most of my grief, when I closed the account before the trial ended. All good now.

I've never used iTunes a day in my life either (despite running a powerbook for 3 years) so still getting used to the slightly strange way it treats libraries and settings.