[Q] tf300t OmniRom kitkat 4.4.2 Always Fail

Search This thread

thor1022

Dec 10, 2012
worcester
I have tried every way i have found to install the OmniRom 4.4.2 onto my unlocked and rooted with custom recovery (TWRP) Asus Transformer tf300t current version 4.2.1. Is there anything stupid i could be missing?

TWRP v2.6.3.0

I always factory wipe then cache and dalvik cache wipe
then try to install any zip and they all fail.

Please help.

brewmeister

Jul 2, 2013
I have tried every way i have found to install the OmniRom 4.4.2 onto my unlocked and rooted with custom recovery (TWRP) Asus Transformer tf300t current version 4.2.1. Is there anything stupid i could be missing?

TWRP v2.6.3.0

Please help.

twrp 2.6.3.2

krash1256

Oct 7, 2013

TWRP v2.6.3.0

Please help.

Did you at least read the first page of the thread?

How to install
To install OmniROM please follow these instructions:

Boot into recovery and flash the TWRP 2.6.3.1 ZIP
Reboot the tablet into the old ROM
Reboot into recovery again
Do a factory reset / full wipe
Flash the OmniROM zip file, the GApps ZIP file and SuperSU ZIP file
Reboot the tablet and enjoy OmniROM

thor1022

Dec 10, 2012
worcester
Did you at least read the first page of the thread?

How to install
To install OmniROM please follow these instructions:

Boot into recovery and flash the TWRP 2.6.3.1 ZIP
Reboot the tablet into the old ROM
Reboot into recovery again
Do a factory reset / full wipe
Flash the OmniROM zip file, the GApps ZIP file and SuperSU ZIP file
Reboot the tablet and enjoy OmniROM

I did. I have searched everywhere for TWRP 2.6.3.1 and 2.6.3.2 for the TF300T and i cant find it. 10+ hours. Do i have to download it for a different Model such as the TF700T? TWRP its self only lists 2.6.3.0 for the TF300T.

krash1256

Oct 7, 2013
I did. I have searched everywhere for TWRP 2.6.3.1 and 2.6.3.2 for the TF300T and i cant find it. 10+ hours. Do i have to download it for a different Model such as the TF700T? TWRP its self only lists 2.6.3.0 for the TF300T.

You couldn't have because it's right there on the first page. It's 2.6.3.2 instead of 2.6.3.1 but either one will work.

Downloads
Below are the files you need for flashing OmniROM:

TWRP 2.6.3.2 for KitKat: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407569892
The latest nightly build: http://dl.omnirom.org/tf300t/ (or my homebuild version, see second post)
BaNkS GApps http://goo.im/devs/BaNkS/GApps/4.4.2
SuperSU from Chainfire: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407569892

krash1256

Oct 7, 2013
I have downloaded those files 5 times and the zip file for TWRP fails every time i try to install it with TWRP 2.6.3.0

Can you open the TWRP 2.6.3.2 zip file on your PC before you copy it to your tablet? If you open it and get errors then the file might be corrupt, if it opens correctly then that's not the problem. Are you doing this in Windows? If you do get errors when trying to open the zip try downloading it again to a different place on Windows. I don't know how many times I have downloaded a zip file more than once and Windows always finds it corrupt. Then try opening it again. Let me know and we'll go from there.

thor1022

Dec 10, 2012
worcester
Can you open the TWRP 2.6.3.2 zip file on your PC before you copy it to your tablet? If you open it and get errors then the file might be corrupt, if it opens correctly then that's not the problem. Are you doing this in Windows? If you do get errors when trying to open the zip try downloading it again to a different place on Windows. I don't know how many times I have downloaded a zip file more than once and Windows always finds it corrupt. Then try opening it again. Let me know and we'll go from there.

Ya i am able to open the zip file without a problem on my computer. There is an image file and an META-INF folder in it that i can open all the way down while still zipped.

krash1256

Oct 7, 2013
Ya i am able to open the zip file without a problem on my computer. There is an image file and an META-INF folder in it that i can open all the way down while still zipped.

Do you have an sdcard or are you putting in on internal card? First, try opening the zip file that you put on your tablet to make sure it's not corrupt. Then if it opens okay, put it on sdcard or vice versa from where you put it originally. So the version of TWRP you have now that's working is which version? And what error message are you getting when you try flashing the new TWRP?

thor1022

Dec 10, 2012
worcester
Do you have an sdcard or are you putting in on internal card? First, try opening the zip file that you put on your tablet to make sure it's not corrupt. Then if it opens okay, put it on sdcard or vice versa from where you put it originally. So the version of TWRP you have now that's working is which version? And what error message are you getting when you try flashing the new TWRP?

I tried it on both the Internal and external sd card. thinking it may have been unmounting the card during instillation. I didnt try to open it on the tablet threw the file manager yet. Right now i have TWRP 2.6.3.0 running i got the Blob straight from TWRP for the TF300T I Fastbooted it onto the tablet. I do not remember the error message right now and the tablet is at my house i will have to look tonight.

krash1256

Oct 7, 2013
I tried it on both the Internal and external sd card. thinking it may have been unmounting the card during instillation. I didnt try to open it on the tablet threw the file manager yet. Right now i have TWRP 2.6.3.0 running i got the Blob straight from TWRP for the TF300T I Fastbooted it onto the tablet. I do not remember the error message right now and the tablet is at my house i will have to look tonight.

Have you tried fastbooting the TWRP 2.6.3.2 recovery image instead of flashing it?

thor1022

Dec 10, 2012
worcester
It says here http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/93

Rename to twrp.img

fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery twrp.img

Thank you for your help i'll try this when i get back to my house tonight.

Oh one other question will this get rid of any backup that i have created with TWRP already?

Hopefully this works I will let you know because i'm sure others have had this problem and given up. This may be a work around for now.

krash1256

Oct 7, 2013
Thank you for your help i'll try this when i get back to my house tonight.

Oh one other question will this get rid of any backup that i have created with TWRP already?

Hopefully this works I will let you know because i'm sure others have had this problem and given up. This may be a work around for now.

I don't think it will unless you were to delete the backups from your internal card. To be safe, which is what I do, put a copy of your backups on your PC first. And make sure you keep the exact folder names or they won't restore. For instance if your backups are under "/TWRP/BACKUPS/015d46d9242bf407/name of back" make sure they are put back in those folders especially the 015d46d9242bf407 or whatever yours are named. In fact I was told to make a backup of the current 4.2 rom in TWRP 2.6.3.0 recovery, put on the new TWRP 2.6.3.2 recovery, boot back into 2.6.3.2 recovery, make another backup of your current 4.2 rom and then flash the new 4.4.2 rom. Always keep copies of your backups and recoveries on your PC.

thor1022

Dec 10, 2012
worcester
I don't think it will unless you were to delete the backups from your internal card. To be safe, which is what I do, put a copy of your backups on your PC first. And make sure you keep the exact folder names or they won't restore. For instance if your backups are under "/TWRP/BACKUPS/015d46d9242bf407/name of back" make sure they are put back in those folders especially the 015d46d9242bf407 or whatever yours are named. In fact I was told to make a backup of the current 4.2 rom in TWRP 2.6.3.0 recovery, put on the new TWRP 2.6.3.2 recovery, boot back into 2.6.3.2 recovery, make another backup of your current 4.2 rom and then flash the new 4.4.2 rom. Always keep copies of your backups and recoveries on your PC.

Still no luck. I unzipped the files changed the recovery image name to twrp.img and i get nothing it sits there and nothing loads. cmd locks up also. waited 30 mins still nothing. I know the tf700t has twrp 2.6.3.2 for it will that work if i download that one the tablets are almost the same? or know where i can get that version from someone? I had herd that the newest CWM works but i am not a fan of that recovery.

krash1256

Oct 7, 2013
Still no luck. I unzipped the files changed the recovery image name to twrp.img and i get nothing it sits there and nothing loads. cmd locks up also. waited 30 mins still nothing. I know the tf700t has twrp 2.6.3.2 for it will that work if i download that one the tablets are almost the same? or know where i can get that version from someone? I had herd that the newest CWM works but i am not a fan of that recovery.

Go here and download PhilZ Touch Recovery http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2597860 and try flashing that with the TWRP 2.6.3.0 recovery. If that doesn't work then we may have to get some bigger guns on this problem.

thor1022

Dec 10, 2012
worcester
Did it work for you?

I fastbooted the CWM recovery and once that loaded up I was able to load the TWRP 2.6.3.2 zip without a problem. Figured id try that just to make it easier to reload existing backups. First i tried the CM 11 Nightly which was fast but very buggy typing was almost impossible. I had to load the new nightly Omnirom and the Home made rom onto the sd card. Then i tried to load the nightly Omnirom which wouldn't load so i tried the Home made one. That loaded without a problem. Didn't get to play with it much but definitely much faster than the old 4.2.1. I Dont know why the Nightly one wouldn't load tried 2 different downloads with no luck. Do i need to download this file also (omni-4.4.2-20140312-tf300t-NIGHTLY.zip.md5sum)? But i finally have 4.4.2 so its a good start. :good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts