Bad radios

Search This thread

GrayBoltWolf

Mar 21, 2012
Raleigh, NC
boltwolf.net
For a couple of months now I have had issues with my radios. From text messages not sending, to wi-fi cutting in and out. Usually turning airplane mode on, then off fixes it. But I need a permanent solution. I updated to the latest available RUU and stayed stock to test things out. I did a factory reset in hboot. I am at my wits end with this issue.

Before I send it off to HTC again for repair, does anyone have any ideas? I am sure that my radio are screwed deep in the system. My phone was the first M7VZW to ever run a custom ROM, and FlyHalf's early test builds were far from perfect. ( don't hear me wrong, he did an amazing job getting CM on this phone and I am forever grateful ) I think that some of those early builds really screwed something up.

dkh1

May 16, 2014
For a couple of months now I have had issues with my radios. From text messages not sending, to wi-fi cutting in and out. Usually turning airplane mode on, then off fixes it. But I need a permanent solution. I updated to the latest available RUU and stayed stock to test things out. I did a factory reset in hboot. I am at my wits end with this issue.

Before I send it off to HTC again for repair, does anyone have any ideas? I am sure that my radio are screwed deep in the system. My phone was the first M7VZW to ever run a custom ROM, and FlyHalf's early test builds were far from perfect. ( don't hear me wrong, he did an amazing job getting CM on this phone and I am forever grateful ) I think that some of those early builds really screwed something up.

Any luck with this? I can relate. I'm running the latest radio (1.13.41.0109_2) and have terrible reception issues as well. I've tried returning to stock, re-flashing, etc. and nothing seems to work - no LTE, and a weak signal at best most of the time. If I shut the phone off for a few minutes and restart I'll get an LTE signal for about 20 minutes then it reverts back to 3G. I can send receive texts, but call quality and data is terrible.

I'm currently running CM11 and I'm S-Off, Unlocked. HBoot 1.56.0000; Radio 1.13.41.0109_2

GrayBoltWolf

Mar 21, 2012
Raleigh, NC
boltwolf.net
Update on this:

I went to a store and got a free SIM card 3 days ago. Wow, what a difference. Problem completely eradicated.
I've sent at least 50 texts so far and every single one sends within 1-2 seconds.

Top Liked Posts