[Q] Updating to CM 11

Search This thread

maxanier

Sep 14, 2013
maxanier.de
Hello

Im trying to update my HTC One S from CM 10.2 to CM 11. (Just install cm and gapps and wipe cache and dalvik).
Unfortunatly I am not able do so, I always end up with an endless bootanimation.

I found no specific information about my problem on the internet, I just heard something about HBoot 2.16.
So my question is do I need Hboot 2.16 to update to CM 11? And is there a way to do so without losing my data?

Thanks in advance.

My current setup:
CM 10.2
Hboot 2.15
TWRP 2.7.0.8
Unlocked but S-On (RL)

Maxanier

Last edited:

benJX

Dec 16, 2010
Hello

Im trying to update my HTC One S from CM 10.2 to CM 11. (Just install cm and gapps and wipe cache and dalvik).
Unfortunatly I am not able do so, I always end up with an endless bootanimation.

I found no specific information about my problem on the internet, I just heard something about HBoot 2.16.
So my question is do I need Hboot 2.16 to update to CM 11? And is there a way to do so without losing my data?

Thanks in advance.

My current setup:
CM 10.2
Hboot 2.15
TWRP 2.7.0.8
Unlocked but S-On (RL)

Maxanier

Don't you forget to flash the boot.img after flashing the rom ?
Also I'm not sure but I guess it's better to do a full wipe (without internal storage of course) before upadting from a version to another.
Don't care about 2.16 hboot it's only needed for few sense roms. Official CM11 updates are built for 2.15

maxanier

Sep 14, 2013
maxanier.de
Don't you forget to flash the boot.img after flashing the rom ?
Also I'm not sure but I guess it's better to do a full wipe (without internal storage of course) before upadting from a version to another.
Don't care about 2.16 hboot it's only needed for few sense roms. Official CM11 updates are built for 2.15

Ok, I did not flash the boot.img, did not know I had to to this, I will try it later.
Thanks

A7X_2010

May 15, 2014
Nürnberg
Is it possible to flash the Boot Image with the recovery or is the only way by the fastboot command?

My Setup:
CM 11
HBoot 2.15
CWM v6.0.4.8
Unlocked but S-ON

kdd998

May 19, 2014
Rennes
To my knowledge, you need to use fastboot as you are S-ON. If you can, try to get S-OFF, it will be simpler.

Envoyé de mon HTC One S en utilisant Tapatalk

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
I did S-OFF with rumruner.. Reed carefuly instructions.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487888
h-boot 2.15 is regular.
You're S-ON. Open rom.zip.
Copy "boot.img" to another folder.
Boot phone in bootloader. Plug cable. "Fastboot USB" will show on screen.
Open comand promt. Type this : "fastboot flash boot boot.img".
Ready.