Car Dock Volume Fix

Search This thread

theoottesen

Jun 19, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
This might have been covered more than once here, but I was just curious why the fix for libaudiopolicy.so hasn't been implemented in most of the roms. If your not sure what I'm talking about, this fix keeps libaudiopolicy from enforcing a maximum volume of 75% when placed into a dock. I take no credit in this fix as the original post is here. I swap this out on every rom that I flash, but I know I'm surely not the only one who finds this to be an issue. If this is in the wrong place please move. Hope this helps someone.

Edit: OOPS!!! I forgot to add the patched file, my bad.

Just extract the rar and push to /system/lib

Attachments

• libaudiopolicy.rar
    14.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

theoottesen

Jun 19, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
I still for the life of me can't understand why they would set it up to do that, it's not like there isn't a way to control the volume when using the dock.

Saturn2K

May 30, 2010
Pittsburgh
I still for the life of me can't understand why they would set it up to do that, it's not like there isn't a way to control the volume when using the dock.
Seriously. And if there was ever a time when I'd want the volume automatically lowered, it would be when I have headphones plugged in. Even then, I like having the option to have it really loud. When it's in a car dock, none of this matters since I have my car's volume knob to change it on the fly.

kwajr

May 26, 2008
lynchburg va
Well if you pump the volume up going into the aux ports on some systems it will be distorted so its best to turn down on phone and use the volume control of radio to adjust this applies any time you use an aux jack with anything

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

cosine83

Apr 2, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
www.grathwohl.me
Well if you pump the volume up going into the aux ports on some systems it will be distorted so its best to turn down on phone and use the volume control of radio to adjust this applies any time you use an aux jack with anything

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

That's true sometimes. However, that's not why they lowered the volume by a static 10dB upon plugging the phone into the car dock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This might have been covered more than once here, but I was just curious why the fix for libaudiopolicy.so hasn't been implemented in most of the roms. If your not sure what I'm talking about, this fix keeps libaudiopolicy from enforcing a maximum volume of 75% when placed into a dock. I take no credit in this fix as the original post is here. I swap this out on every rom that I flash, but I know I'm surely not the only one who finds this to be an issue. If this is in the wrong place please move. Hope this helps someone.

Edit: OOPS!!! I forgot to add the patched file, my bad.

Just extract the rar and push to /system/lib