Neo V Official Sony ICS 4.1.A.0.562 fw bug report thread

Search This thread

xywtez

Feb 4, 2009
So the biggest BUG of all is an update from used(user data,apps, games)GB to ICS. Rom is Laggy as hell and it drops a lot of performance (IMO about 50% performance drop) in my case no WIFI and GPS problem...

But after installing new clean ICS (via "repair phone") + removing some apps that are alredy in ROM like FB,Timescape, Gmaps etc. (53files from /system/app) + SuperCharger, with my usage it runs even faster than GB tweaked almost same way in normal usage but slower in 3D Games with high req.

And 1 strange thing, after making autorestore from my google account i had a performance drop that lasted even after restart. Autorestore was made after the "tweaks"

Reactions: darkerm

alvinhochun

Oct 3, 2010
There is a new function "group" in Contacts, adding a contact to a group makes it disappear in the contact list and can't even select a single one of it when sending SMS. (It automatically selects all in the group instead...)

And the Dial screen needs 5 seconds to pop up, and typing the first few numbers is slow.

Missing direction arrow in Google Maps with GPS...

Cannot change USB mode when plugged in.

BTW do you really need to flash gapps to get face unlock? Mine works just after switching on WiFi and let it updates.

nitin.dhamu

Apr 14, 2012
Hisar
gtalk problem

i am facing some problem in ICS official upgrade..

1. gtalk voice or video chat : no audio or video is transmitted to either side..:mad:

2. Very sluggish, and exit the apps itself:mad:
3. wi fi is not connecting it just keep on scanning and save the networks.

will post if i found some other

i am thinking about downgrading... :confused:
hoping for fixed and stable upgrade soon...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

1. gtalk voice or video chat : no audio or video is transmitted to either side..:mad:

yeah thats your opinion, by me is all working fine and no lag anymore.
its all flying and stable ;)

chefnoob

Jan 18, 2012
Sydney

Try doing a clean update through PCC repair phone feature. Maybe it will better.

@Pandemic
Have you tried playing temple run on ICS? Does it work well? A lot of people are having issues with the touchscreen accuracy with temple run as well as other games and app, while using ICS. I figured it must be a driver conflict or something.

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk

sunlight10f

Oct 25, 2011
Just tried temple run on ics, worked for the few minutes I tried it. No lag or anything.

I have done the factory reset, before that, the launcher felt a bit sluggish.

Phone app opening taking forever is the only problem I've run into myself.

nitin.dhamu

Apr 14, 2012
Hisar
I have done the clean PCC Update :mad:
Temple run is also not playable. It doesnt understand the turnning commands

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

vimjam

Dec 13, 2008
I have done the clean PCC Update :mad:
Temple run is also not playable. It doesnt understand the turnning commands

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

the game got its own glitches , does it support ICS out of the box ??? , besides i personally feel that SONY's ICS ROM is still immature unlike its GB rom

rampraven

Jan 12, 2011
Coimbatore
Phones heat has been reduced totally when compared to gb...

Can't able to play games every time it's returning while playing Game's like assassins cred

Screenshot app is missing

Sent from my MT11i using XDA

ThilinaC

Nov 19, 2008
Kandy
bit.ly
Phones heat has been reduced totally when compared to gb...

Can't able to play games every time it's returning while playing Game's like assassins cred

Screenshot app is missing

Sent from my MT11i using XDA
And I don't think Assassins creed is ICS supported,I have game files in my pc
tomorrow I can try and confirm,but so far non of old gameloft games worked on ICS

Jonfensu

Apr 10, 2012
I was facing lag with some games, like Death Rally even Temple Run :eek: but the thing that i hated is the "Lag" in the UI... (Wiping everything dont help) Well It is FAST but not SMOOTH, and its annoying when i was using GB with nightelf kernel...Anyway, the common apps were working good, but lacks of new features (New App drawer, Homscreen, SEMC apps etc..)

blue_moon

Apr 19, 2011
istanbul
+.All the setted contact pictures are gone from contacts and only thumbnails are left :/

isnt there any solution for that? i cant my facebook contact pictures?

JohnnyCarlos

Jul 1, 2008
+.All the setted contact pictures are gone from contacts and only thumbnails are left :/

isnt there any solution for that? i cant my facebook contact pictures?

To have facebook photos go to settings, app, all, search for facebook and clear data.

Then open facebook app, login, go to friends menu and wait. When all photos appear on the list you'll have them in the phone.

That's how I did it.

Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THREAD CLEANED

Please stay on topic, report your bug with ICS Official Sony. Any other post not related to the topic will be considered FAILURE TO COOPERATE WITH A MODERATOR. Thanks.
    First of all I know there is a thread for feed back of new ICS fw,but instead bug reporting that thread contains more pleas,hatred towards Sony :rolleyes: doubt devs from Sony will keep on reading it.
    So in this thread please post the bugs you've found so far with the fw.So we can direct this to Sony devs & if they care(they did asked opinions,bug reposrts about fw in Sony forums so I assume they do care) they will try to fix them :D

So I'll start

+.Very choppy video recording.
    +.Big battery drains
    +.Loads of older games crash after 30 seconds
    +.No wifi direct
    +.System is kinda slow and lag comparing to ginger bread
    +.Not great ram management,phone sort of freezes when using more than few apps at the same time.
    +.Home launcher lags comparing to ginger bread ones
    +.It takes 3-4 seconds for Dialer to load :/
    +.Didn't had face unlock after the update.Had to flash gapps to get it
    +.Keyboard's keys are kinda smaller and not that easy to type

So far I've found.please post the bugs you found and help to get a better ICS fw
    Hmm how its possible that the ics not running smooth by all??
    Mine is ok, no lag in menu and homescreen scrolling (i use the xperia s home now) no lag when i open settings etc, app2sd is working fine on ics no problems (i use app2sd pro 2.50 the newest one) no camera problems no fc's or anything else, its all f*cking amezing and fast :D

Sent from my Neo V with supercharged ICS ^^
    When you install it as a clean install it is faster,but when u update it via pc companion or flash without flashing user data it tends to get slower.So best way to move to ICS(or any other rom in that manner) is to do a fresh clean install
    No option to disable automatic mass storage mode, it was in GB. It is annoying everytime put it on charge on a computer.

Need option to disable automatic mass storage mode.:confused:
    Settings\Xperia\Connectivity\USB connection mode
    So, the steps are :

1. Install PC companion and update.
    2. Do it again ???
    3. Repair.

Is this it? I was hesitant in upgrading myself thus sent it to Sony. So, am not sure. :)

So, factory reset won't work? Thanks again. :)
    Install pc companion and update plug of your phone, turn it on after the update, connect it then again with pc companion and then repair, repairing is the second time;)
    That advicing by ThilinaC so its usefull and helps for sure, then you have no lag anymore so thank ThilinaC to;)

Sent from my Neo V with supercharged ICS ^^