Possible Kitkat call recording fix for NOTE 3 LTE

Search This thread

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
This'll was suggested to me by the Dev of RMC call recording app. I flashed it and it fixed the buzzing. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! https://bitbucket.org/copluk/acr/issue/61/possible-kitkat-call-recording-fix-for
I haven't torn it apart yet to see what its doing. I haven't noticed any ill effects with the phone in the last few minutes. If you have a nandroid backup of your current install, you can fall back on that. I'm on NC5, stock, rooted, and twrp.
Looks like it injected a modded mixer_paths.xml in /etc

Update: Over twelve hours later, no adverse behavior noticed yet.

2nd update:
The flashable file in post 8 is a stock sprint XML file with the needed changes from the modded post. I flashed that file and recording still works. I don't use a wired headset so I can't confirm the outcome. The poster in post 8, I'm sorry, I'm on a mobile, forgot your name and can't see it when posting with XDA app. Special thanks to you for your help and running a file comparison, adapting the needed changes into a sprint original file, and packaging it into a twrp flash! Thanks leond!

Last edited:

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
Well the file can be edited I suppose. I just don't know what value it would need and what lines to adjust. Maybe if someone had an original file, and ran some comparison program between the two, to determine what values were changed... I'm no expert but I think the buzzing record fix could be done by hand by editing their stock XML file, saving then rebooting.

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
Here are stock and modded files. To run a file comparison is beyond my abilities. Perhaps a more knowledgeable person can step in and help.
.2k sounds like quite a bit of changes to me. The flash is for a 9005, and I don't, off hand, know which carrier this is for, but it fixed my problems for call recording. Maybe someone can come up with a sprint friendly version of this flash without sacrificing current level settings for things that already work, like wired headset. I don't use wired heatset so this isn't an issue for me.
But then again, I would imagine this flash mod is for people who use the phone to record calls and not a headset. I can see how a headset could interfere with recording. With normal operation, I have no clue. I haven't tested this yet so I can't confirm this setback.

Attachments

• stockmixer_paths.xml.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 30
  • moddedmixer_paths.xml.zip
    4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

leond

Jul 15, 2008
Boston
Here are stock and modded files. To run a file comparison is beyond my abilities. Perhaps a more knowledgeable person can step in and help.

thank you for posting stock file. BTW wired headset recording works fine. The moded file seems to be from a very different version of the phone so there are many differences and many missing blocks and it's smaller in size. I would never use the new file if I saw the differences before i applied the mod :).

The only relevant one to the in call recording is a new section introduced in a moded file right before line <!-- call part -->:

<!-- incall recording -->
<path name="incall-rec-uplink">
<ctl name="MultiMedia1 Mixer VOC_REC_UL" value="1" />
</path>

<path name="incall-rec-downlink">
<ctl name="MultiMedia1 Mixer VOC_REC_DL" value="1" />
</path>

<path name="incall-rec-uplink-and-downlink">
</path>
<!-- call part -->

I've attached modded stock xml and flashable zip. recording works. volume levels are back. use at your own risk as always :)
Edit: it won't let me attach the xml for some reason,. but you can get it from a zip file - it's in /etc folder

Attachments

• Record_Fix_Note3_Sprint.zip
    194.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Reactions: norml

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
I don't know if I said this but the flash is for the 9005. The stock file was for the sprint n3. Did you take the stock file then made the necessary changes? Reason I ask is because you named the file 9005.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This'll was suggested to me by the Dev of RMC call recording app. I flashed it and it fixed the buzzing. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! https://bitbucket.org/copluk/acr/issue/61/possible-kitkat-call-recording-fix-for
    I haven't torn it apart yet to see what its doing. I haven't noticed any ill effects with the phone in the last few minutes. If you have a nandroid backup of your current install, you can fall back on that. I'm on NC5, stock, rooted, and twrp.
    Looks like it injected a modded mixer_paths.xml in /etc

Update: Over twelve hours later, no adverse behavior noticed yet.

2nd update:
    The flashable file in post 8 is a stock sprint XML file with the needed changes from the modded post. I flashed that file and recording still works. I don't use a wired headset so I can't confirm the outcome. The poster in post 8, I'm sorry, I'm on a mobile, forgot your name and can't see it when posting with XDA app. Special thanks to you for your help and running a file comparison, adapting the needed changes into a sprint original file, and packaging it into a twrp flash! Thanks leond!
    This has been a part of my ROM for a while :)
    Ah OK. Didn't know if it was or not. Last time I checked, you were sick as a dog.

thank you for posting stock file. BTW wired headset recording works fine. The moded file seems to be from a very different version of the phone so there are many differences and many missing blocks and it's smaller in size. I would never use the new file if I saw the differences before i applied the mod :).

The only relevant one to the in call recording is a new section introduced in a moded file right before line <!-- call part -->:

<!-- incall recording -->
    <path name="incall-rec-uplink">
    </path>

<path name="incall-rec-downlink">
    </path>

<path name="incall-rec-uplink-and-downlink">
    </path>
    <!-- call part -->

I've attached modded stock xml and flashable zip. recording works. volume levels are back. use at your own risk as always :)
    Edit: it won't let me attach the xml for some reason,. but you can get it from a zip file - it's in /etc folder
    I don't know if I said this but the flash is for the 9005. The stock file was for the sprint n3. Did you take the stock file then made the necessary changes? Reason I ask is because you named the file 9005.

yes, it's modded sprint stock, sorry for the name