How to recognize a retail Samsung Galaxy S II ? A samsung logo on the front

Search This thread

touness69

Jul 23, 2008
Lyon
New big move from Samsung ! After modifying the inside of the hardware with bumping the clock speed to 1.2Ghz, Samsung has now taken care of the outside :
A traditional Samsung logo on the front

feature_img.png

Samsung has even updated all the photos of its microsite => Here and There
Well Nice photoshop indeed sammy eh

Personaly I still prefer the "old" one , its slick and minimalist design attracted me more. But hey, not that much of a modification btw the lack of this logo on the front was initially surprising.

I bet that this logo'ed version will be the retail version and that therefore it will be equiped with the final 1.2Ghz processor, that is pure logic from me I have no source

comments... go !

EDIT : LMFAO GSMArena just copied the title of my thread
http://blog.gsmarena.com/this-is-how-you-spot-a-retail-galaxy-s-ii/
Looks like more people than we though are yurning on XDA forums :rolleyes:

EDIT2: My bad they actually quoted this thread as source, they are cool guys

Last edited:

buttes

Jan 20, 2011
Looks much better without it, but now along with this logo, there will also be another one for the carrier right? Samsung should put their foot down like Apple and tell the carrier to keep their logo off the phone haha.

kwokwchoy

Mar 31, 2011
Bah... it looked sweeter without the logo, but at least I won't get, " Is that an Iphone?"

moparman

May 29, 2007
Noooo..

I promised that i would never ever buy another Samsung product in my life.
My friends will not forget this hehe.

rizmal

Mar 27, 2011
Belgrade
BAh its kichy now with samsing logo on the front,i think that ruin the design it looks better WO it,god damn it we have it on the back why we need it on the front of the phone :(

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
BAh its kichy now with samsing logo on the front,i think that ruin the design it looks better WO it,god damn it we have it on the back why we need it on the front of the phone :(

So you can advertise to everyone and yourself when you're showing off you're phone. ;)

From a business standpoint, this was a smart move. When you have a product people obviously like, you want to put your name on it wherever possible so everytime you see or use it, you can connect it with that company.

cdesai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
When is Samsung going to release it
cant resist
Wonderful specs
Release it soon and roll out updates instantly
Then it'll be perfect

rizmal

Mar 27, 2011
Belgrade
So you can advertise to everyone and yourself when you're showing off you're phone. ;)

From a business standpoint, this was a smart move. When you have a product people obviously like, you want to put your name on it wherever possible so everytime you see or use it, you can connect it with that company.

U r right for showing it to others,but im not the classic serbian Iphone or nokia fan that the moment he/she sits somewhere in the club/bar/... puts his/her phone on table to show off.I like minimalistic sleek design so for that for me its better to have blank front like on prototypes(its better ot have x-files front than comercial logo banner front;) ).Even descret silver is ok,but totaly contrast drechy white is bad design imo.About connecting to company,i always know what im holding so that falls into water from my perspective,and if some1 need proof of company u always have samsung logo on the back ;) so front logo is too much showing of ;)

PS-also meny people in serbia Samsung name connects to home appliances more then with good mobile phones

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New big move from Samsung ! After modifying the inside of the hardware with bumping the clock speed to 1.2Ghz, Samsung has now taken care of the outside :
    A traditional Samsung logo on the front

feature_img.png

Samsung has even updated all the photos of its microsite => Here and There
    Well Nice photoshop indeed sammy eh

Personaly I still prefer the "old" one , its slick and minimalist design attracted me more. But hey, not that much of a modification btw the lack of this logo on the front was initially surprising.

I bet that this logo'ed version will be the retail version and that therefore it will be equiped with the final 1.2Ghz processor, that is pure logic from me I have no source

comments... go !

EDIT : LMFAO GSMArena just copied the title of my thread
    http://blog.gsmarena.com/this-is-how-you-spot-a-retail-galaxy-s-ii/
    Looks like more people than we though are yurning on XDA forums :rolleyes:

EDIT2: My bad they actually quoted this thread as source, they are cool guys
    attachment.php

Is it possible that they changed the backplate?
    LoL, from the demo's it seems that it is on the top. Some tard might have messed up while photoshopping the Samsung logo.

Eh ? So you saw demo's of it with the samsung logo at the front ? They changed the design to add a logo, they can also change such a small detail too...
    Well, it would make no difference where the opening is placed. The importance would be that its at a location where its is the most sturdiest and does not damage the back piece while removing it.

I wonder what the possibilities are to add a extended battery with a slightly larger back cover.