Oct 21, 2010
Sofia
Sony Xperia XZ1
Android 4.0.3+ Xperia™ Launcher 2.0.6b
An advanced Xperia™ launcher with added functionality

VeUk3mi.png

Original Features:
- Arrange, add and remove home screens
- Organize your apps in the App drawer by placing them in folders (only available when sorting method is "Own order")
- Search for apps in the App drawer
- Share apps on social networks

Functionalities added by me:
- Fully working when installed as normal app (no need to put the apk file in /system/app)
- Support for any resolution and any DPI setting
- User selectable desktop and App drawer grid size (from 3x3 up to 12x12)
- User assignable swipe, pinch and double tap gestures and button actions
- Infinite scrolling
- Hiding apps on the app drawer
- Support for Go Launcher and Launcher Pro icon packs
- Personalize individual shortcuts' icon and label
- Backup & restore launcher settings
- Adding shortcuts to launcher actions and to any activity
- Others

DOWNLOAD

Xperia Z widgets:
The widgets bellow are also installable as normal apps (no need to push them to /system/app).
Stock Xperia users: you need to install these versions of the widgets, because the stock versions will not work with this launcher! These versions will not overwrite your stock widgets when installed, so you can continue using the stock widgets with the stock Xperia™ Home launcher.

Clocks (ClockWidgets) [Screenshot]
Weather (WeatherWidget) [Screenshot]
Photos and videos (PhotoWidget) [Screenshot]
Recent calls (RecentCallsWidget) [Screenshot]
Tools (OnOffTools) [Screenshot] - OnOffTools needs to be installed as a system app (push to /system/app and set correct permissions) if you want to be able to toggle GPS and/or NFC with it!!!
WALKMAN (MusicWidget) [Screenshot] - MusicWidget requires non-Xperia users to install the SemcMusic (Walkman) app from Xperia Z / T / V, etc. Search for it on XDA-Developers
Notes ICS (NoteWidget ICS) [Screenshot] - NoteWidget ICS requires non-Xperia users to install the SemcNotes (ICS) app
Notes JB (NoteWidget JB) - NoteWidget JB currently only works on stock Xperia Jelly Bean ROMs or ROMS based on such a stock ROM, requires the latest SemcNotes (JB) app from Xperia Z
Top contacts (TopContactsWidget) [Screenshot]

TopContactsWidget is now fixed (14.Mar.2013)
MusicWidget is now resizable (14.Mar.2013)

Screenshots:
y1rvHQy.png
LDVW2IB.png
EftGLe9.png
PrHY8dI.png
YKoY2WV.png
bXTI8JR.png
OU9r9Wi.png
MaMPmrF.png
irudVpT.png
Ev2huhw.png
9adyhOK.png
Gsfd4RU.png
gqpDsb3.png
54PxxZ4.png
Ke8QSaj.png
qz0367c.png
yGStleM.png
FHC7Njm.png
6CYbCM7.png
OX6qS0y.png
zJl2XlP.png
DRaOwno.png
mEF4bbf.png
CGPufKE.png
antNoLK.png

Video review by MohammedAzi:

DOWNLOAD

Follow my future projects: here

Last edited:

ra3al

Oct 21, 2010
Sofia
Sony Xperia XZ1
Change Log:

2.0.6b (Build: 2100) 28.Nov.2013
- Fixed (Android 4.4 KitKat): Force close at startup

2.0.6 (Build: 2099) 19.Oct.2013
- Added: app drawer style - choose between "Classic Xperia Z" and "Advanced Xperia Launcher"
- Updated translations (from 28.June.2013)
- Small performance optimizations
- Disabled resources compression to improve launcher settings loading times
- Optimized all PNG files
- Fixed: Check for updates always showing "you have the latest version"
- Fixed: Bad alignment of the app drawer button on some devices
- Fixed: App drawer button image for LDPI landscape mode
- Fixed: Inability to select custom icon image with some gallery and file management apps
- Fixed: Inability to select custom dock background image with some gallery and file management apps
- Fixed: Changing the "Keep in Memory" setting does not need a launcher restart in order to be applied anymore
- Fixed: (Android 4.3+ only) Notification is now low priority and tapping on it shows launcher settings
- Fixed (hopefully): tapping app / shortcut icons not launching the respective app from the first time

2.0.5b (Build: 2095) 14.Mar.2013
- Fixed: Walkman (Music) widget not showing artist name
- Fixed: Dark Digital Clock widget from ClockWidgets not showing date and alarm time
- Fixed: The widget with all toggles from OnOfTools not always updating to the currently selected color filter
- Added: Options to set vertical and horizontal margins for the desktop - in order to increase the empty space on the desktop; separate settings for Portrait and Landscape screen orientation

2.0.5 (Build: 2094) 13.Mar.2013
- Fixed: Force Close after device reboot
- Fixed: Random Force Close when the application is running in the background
- Fixed: Posibility of Force Close on pinch in/out (HTC HD2, possibly other devices too)
- Fixed: "Keep application in memory" not always switching from ON to OFF and vice versa
- Added: An option to select color for the color filter for: ClockWidgets, MusicWidget and OnOffTools (Launcher Settings -> APPEARANCE -> Xperia™ Advanced Widgets Color Filter)
- Changed: App drawer button image is changed for LDPI

2.0.4 (Build: 2093) 11.Mar.2013
- Integrated all functionality from 1.3.8 Beta
- Improved many of the features from 1.3.X
- Added some new features
- Made all of the functionality present in the stock Xperia Z launcher compatible with any screen resolution and DPI setting

2.0.0b (Alpha) (Build: 2011) 18.Jan.2013
- Fixed: Force close on some Xperia devices with stock ROM

2.0.0 (Alpha) (Build: 2010) 17.Jan.2013
- Initial public release

Old versions download:
All 2.x.x versions of the launcher are available for download here

Last edited:

S1nc3r3

Dec 29, 2010
Run smooth seem like the dock is off everything slide to the left but other than that add the ability to hide apps it's perfect

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358388897766.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358388897766.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 37,095
Reactions: zinou213

jbird92113

Oct 10, 2012
Fantastic work. It is smooth as butter on my nexus 7. Can't wait to see what comes in the next revision...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: zinou213

ketani73

Dec 12, 2011
InFrontOfMyDesktop
Downloading .... Looks awesome !!

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Unable to put any widget on homescreen ... says not enough room !! I am using Note ll ( Stock Rom 4.1.2 , non-rooted ) !!!

Also could not see any options for "launcher settings" on tapping menu !!

Last edited:
Reactions: mandar1997

DesignGrits

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
This is an awesome launcher. I know you have stated in the op, but will you be adding the same type of Settings structure as in the other launcher you made listed below? Can't wait for custom DPI support, thats gonna be awesome on ParanoidRom. Also, I am having some difficultly changing the gallery widget's designation image folder. When I first installed it I saw a camera image with a plus sign, but when I tapped on it, it auto choose a image folder on my phone and every time I tap on it, it just opens the gallery app. Also, it seems like the status bar does support transparency but the narbar does not.

Launcher: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2021332

rush25

Nov 12, 2011
Mumbai
Awesome work as usual :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

ThilinaC is using your widgets in his launcher port without giving credits to you ..have a look at his thread .

ThilinaC

Nov 19, 2008
Kandy
bit.ly
As always great work ra3al :good:
been waiting for your modification with settings panel mate :D

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

ThilinaC is using your widgets in his launcher port without giving credits to you ..have a look at his thread .

nope not using any from anywhere,all the widgets,apk's,permission files and framework files are taken from Xperia T jelly bean and ics dumps and modified to work in any device by myself.

If I use anyone's work,even a slight small part-I always give credit to the original author of that mod in my thread,so get your facts straight before accusing me of theft,cheating or whatever you are accusing !

Last edited:

rush25

Nov 12, 2011
Mumbai
As always great work ra3al :good:
been waiting for your modification with settings panel mate :D

nope not using any from anywhere,all the widgets,apk's,permission files and framework files are taken from Xperia T jelly bean and ics dumps and modified to work in any device by myself.

If I use anyone's work,even a slight small part-I always give credit to the original author of that mod in my thread,so get your facts straight before accusing me of theft,cheating or whatever you are accusing !

Sorry it was not meant for accusing..its just I saw your zip and it had exactly same widgets as ra3al had posted ..soorry if you felt I insulted you ...

jumper62

Sep 1, 2012
Working on galaxy ace running cm9

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

djedjy

Oct 16, 2011
Dont work on xperia tipo :-/
EDIT: Tried to put in system/app as Home.apk but still dont work, when I press home button, take xperia launcher and I get homescreen for second and roll me back where I was :-/
Sent from my ST21i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

basrawi

Nov 21, 2008
Orange, CA
Installed as system app however it crashed when adding android widgets . Xperia widgets work fine

EDIT never mind. Uninstalled version 1.x.x and everything works as it should

Sent from my Xperia P using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rush25

Nov 12, 2011
Mumbai
Ra3al I want to ask can we add folder also when we sort apps by name? Is it possible?

ketani73

Dec 12, 2011
InFrontOfMyDesktop
Again putting forth my problem with this launcher....

Unable to put any widget on homescreen ... says not enough room !! I am using Note ll ( Stock Rom 4.1.2 , non-rooted ) !!!

Also could not see any options for "launcher settings" on tapping menu !!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.0.3+ Xperia™ Launcher 2.0.6b
    An advanced Xperia™ launcher with added functionality

VeUk3mi.png

Original Features:
    - Arrange, add and remove home screens
    - Organize your apps in the App drawer by placing them in folders (only available when sorting method is "Own order")
    - Search for apps in the App drawer
    - Share apps on social networks

Functionalities added by me:
    - Fully working when installed as normal app (no need to put the apk file in /system/app)
    - Support for any resolution and any DPI setting
    - User selectable desktop and App drawer grid size (from 3x3 up to 12x12)
    - User assignable swipe, pinch and double tap gestures and button actions
    - Infinite scrolling
    - Hiding apps on the app drawer
    - Support for Go Launcher and Launcher Pro icon packs
    - Personalize individual shortcuts' icon and label
    - Backup & restore launcher settings
    - Adding shortcuts to launcher actions and to any activity
    - Others

DOWNLOAD

Xperia Z widgets:
    The widgets bellow are also installable as normal apps (no need to push them to /system/app).
    Stock Xperia users: you need to install these versions of the widgets, because the stock versions will not work with this launcher! These versions will not overwrite your stock widgets when installed, so you can continue using the stock widgets with the stock Xperia™ Home launcher.

Clocks (ClockWidgets) [Screenshot]
    Weather (WeatherWidget) [Screenshot]
    Photos and videos (PhotoWidget) [Screenshot]
    Recent calls (RecentCallsWidget) [Screenshot]
    Tools (OnOffTools) [Screenshot] - OnOffTools needs to be installed as a system app (push to /system/app and set correct permissions) if you want to be able to toggle GPS and/or NFC with it!!!
    WALKMAN (MusicWidget) [Screenshot] - MusicWidget requires non-Xperia users to install the SemcMusic (Walkman) app from Xperia Z / T / V, etc. Search for it on XDA-Developers
    Notes ICS (NoteWidget ICS) [Screenshot] - NoteWidget ICS requires non-Xperia users to install the SemcNotes (ICS) app
    Notes JB (NoteWidget JB) - NoteWidget JB currently only works on stock Xperia Jelly Bean ROMs or ROMS based on such a stock ROM, requires the latest SemcNotes (JB) app from Xperia Z
    Top contacts (TopContactsWidget) [Screenshot]

TopContactsWidget is now fixed (14.Mar.2013)
    MusicWidget is now resizable (14.Mar.2013)

Screenshots:
    y1rvHQy.png
    LDVW2IB.png
    EftGLe9.png
    PrHY8dI.png
    YKoY2WV.png
    bXTI8JR.png
    OU9r9Wi.png
    MaMPmrF.png
    irudVpT.png
    Ev2huhw.png
    9adyhOK.png
    Gsfd4RU.png
    gqpDsb3.png
    54PxxZ4.png
    Ke8QSaj.png
    qz0367c.png
    yGStleM.png
    FHC7Njm.png
    6CYbCM7.png
    OX6qS0y.png
    zJl2XlP.png
    DRaOwno.png
    mEF4bbf.png
    CGPufKE.png
    antNoLK.png

Video review by MohammedAzi:

DOWNLOAD

Follow my future projects: here
    Change Log:

2.0.6b (Build: 2100) 28.Nov.2013
    - Fixed (Android 4.4 KitKat): Force close at startup

- Added: app drawer style - choose between "Classic Xperia Z" and "Advanced Xperia Launcher"
    - Fixed: Inability to select custom icon image with some gallery and file management apps
    - Fixed: Inability to select custom dock background image with some gallery and file management apps
    - Fixed: Changing the "Keep in Memory" setting does not need a launcher restart in order to be applied anymore
    - Fixed: (Android 4.3+ only) Notification is now low priority and tapping on it shows launcher settings
    - Fixed (hopefully): tapping app / shortcut icons not launching the respective app from the first time

2.0.5b (Build: 2095) 14.Mar.2013
    - Fixed: Walkman (Music) widget not showing artist name
    - Fixed: Dark Digital Clock widget from ClockWidgets not showing date and alarm time
    - Fixed: The widget with all toggles from OnOfTools not always updating to the currently selected color filter
    - Added: Options to set vertical and horizontal margins for the desktop - in order to increase the empty space on the desktop; separate settings for Portrait and Landscape screen orientation

2.0.5 (Build: 2094) 13.Mar.2013
    - Fixed: Force Close after device reboot
    - Fixed: Random Force Close when the application is running in the background
    - Fixed: Posibility of Force Close on pinch in/out (HTC HD2, possibly other devices too)
    - Fixed: "Keep application in memory" not always switching from ON to OFF and vice versa
    - Added: An option to select color for the color filter for: ClockWidgets, MusicWidget and OnOffTools (Launcher Settings -> APPEARANCE -> Xperia™ Advanced Widgets Color Filter)
    - Changed: App drawer button image is changed for LDPI

2.0.4 (Build: 2093) 11.Mar.2013
    - Integrated all functionality from 1.3.8 Beta
    - Improved many of the features from 1.3.X
    - Added some new features
    - Made all of the functionality present in the stock Xperia Z launcher compatible with any screen resolution and DPI setting

2.0.0b (Alpha) (Build: 2011) 18.Jan.2013
    - Fixed: Force close on some Xperia devices with stock ROM

2.0.0 (Alpha) (Build: 2010) 17.Jan.2013
    - Initial public release

Old versions download:
    All 2.x.x versions of the launcher are available for download here
    Translations:

If you would like to help in translating the app, please add your translations HERE.
    Thank you.

NOTE:All translation are shared between the 1.X.X and 2.X.X branches
    Dear all, I finally managed to complete 2.0.6, which I started working on about 4 months ago, but didn't find the time to finish it. It is mostly a maintenance release and this is the change log:

I would like to once again thank all of you for your support, comments and suggestions!
    Dear all, I would like to thank all of you for all your comments and support :)
    I am going to release a new minor update in a few days. What's planned:
    - latest translations
    - fix: bad placement of the app drawer button on some resolutions / dpi
    - fix: icons size and various layout problems for 10" tablets
    - uncompressed graphic files for improved performance
    - app drawer: choice between 2 variants:
    -- no backplate + transition effect (currently the only option)
    -- backplate + no transition effect (the original look and feel)

I will also try to fix the problem of unresponsive icons, but it will probably require a lot of effort and time, which I currently don't have.