[ROM][UNOFFICIAL]HellKat 4.4.2 for GEEHRC

Search This thread

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
Hey!
Big thanks out to Xboxfanj because if it wasn't for him, there would only be a Geespr build cause I'm lazy, so unified builds ftw!

But yeah, this is HellKat, keep it clean, report issues here, and report general stuff/questions in the main thread

Good stuff is here
HERE

Please only use the latest build for now, older one is Geespr

Sent from my LG-gee using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: franky_z and nchc

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
Lol, sorry for the wrong temporary name
Has a unique UI (I'll put screenshots)
HALO
Build.Prop mods
Init.d
Battery Bar
And a few other small features

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
Screenshots
tuzajymy.jpg

u4evyrys.jpg

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
Looks very good. So this is AOSP right? I have been using MAHDI since saturday. It's been very good. What is the advantage of HellKat against MAHDI? And what is more updated frequently? Thanks.

HellKat is largely based off of Cyanogenmod but the sources are Mako based

HellKat has the unique Red/Black UI, and customizable HALO, Build.Prop mods, init.d
Mahdi has lockscreen notifications, pocket mode, omniswitch and system animations editor. (also has HALO)

Reactions: MitoTakatori

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
www.itman.philwebsite.com

HellKat has the unique Red/Black UI, and customizable HALO, Build.Prop mods, init.d
Mahdi has lockscreen notifications, pocket mode, omniswitch and system animations editor. (also has HALO)

Thanks for the info. So I can use the kernels by xboxfanj on HellKat? What do you update or prioritize the most? HellKat or Mahdi?

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
Thanks for the info. So I can use the kernels by xboxfanj on HellKat? What do you update or prioritize the most? HellKat or Mahdi?

It uses Xboxfanj's B"number" already, preinstalled.

I update Mahdi more

Tell me when you want to change the kernel because there's something I need to do to make it work with HellKat/Mahdi

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City

I update Mahdi more

Tell me when you want to change the kernel because there's something I need to do to make it work with HellKat/Mahdi

I am already using the b kernel of xboxfanj on MAHDI ROM. What will you edit? The ROM? What ROM you recommend? I mean what has more features? I like to try HellKat but if it is the same with MAHDI's features, and the only main difference is HALO and the UI colors, then I'll stick with MAHDI. Thanks for the info.

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
I am already using the b kernel of xboxfanj on MAHDI ROM. What will you edit? The ROM? What ROM you recommend? I mean what has more features? I like to try HellKat but if it is the same with MAHDI's features, and the only main difference is HALO and the UI colors, then I'll stick with MAHDI. Thanks for the info.

There's some kernel change I need to do for most kernels to make them work with Mahdi and HellKat, so if you want a new kernel to run, tell me and I'll mod it as it should be.

HellKat has different features, but they both have the same amount.

I personally am stuck between the two, but Mahdi has better battery. (HellKat is still pretty good)
But I always come back to HellKat after a while to have a different look on my phone. So just depends on what you look for in a ROM

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
There's some kernel change I need to do for most kernels to make them work with Mahdi and HellKat, so if you want a new kernel to run, tell me and I'll mod it as it should be.

I personally am stuck between the two, but Mahdi has better battery. (HellKat is still pretty good)
But I always come back to HellKat after a while to have a different look on my phone. So just depends on what you look for in a ROM

Thanks! Sure I want to have a kernel that is great with this ROM. In that case, you will be modding b kernel right? Love it's features. I'll check HellKat and compare what will fit my taste well. As I remember you update MAHDI/HellKat like once at least per month?

And OTA for MAHDI does not work right?

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
Thanks! Sure I want to have a kernel that is great with this ROM. In that case, you will be modding b kernel right? Love it's features. I'll check HellKat and compare what will fit my taste well. As I remember you update MAHDI/HellKat like once at least per month?

Yeah, at least. Probably won't be once though, might be twice or even 3 per month, depends on how many roms I'm managing and issues.
The kernel included (Jakes) already is modded as needed. I'll make a separate modded flashable ZIP of it soon.

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
Yeah, at least. Probably won't be once though, might be twice or even 3 per month, depends on how many roms I'm managing and issues.
The kernel included (Jakes) already is modded as needed. I'll make a separate modded flashable ZIP of it soon.

Thanks for the time! Another query though, on your download page you have update.zip is it a critical update? MAHDI is still 0221 right? And also OTA is not working?

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
Thanks for the time! Another query though, on your download page you have update.zip is it a critical update? MAHDI is still 0221 right? And also OTA is not working?

Update.zip is not an update, it was a fix for the Dialer and incallui which didn't work, however I posted the real fix in the Mahdi thread, deleting the zip now.

OTA does not work because the leader of Mahdi (who I talk to) isn't in charge if that. So it might happen, might not happen. Time will show.

Last edited:

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
Update.zip is not an update, it was a zip for the Dialer and incallui which doesn't work, deleting now.

OTA does not work because the leader of Mahdi (who I talk to) isn't in charge if that. So it might happen, might not happen. Time will show.

Is that so. Thanks again. I'll try HellKat now. How do you switch between the 2 ROMs? I do NanDroid then restore (if I have a backup already) or install new zip.

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City

Nice. :)

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

I am on HellKat now. Nice UI! Will check the features.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

UI is great, but the features I look for are not in it or I just missed where they are placed? I like MAHDI more. Is it possible to have the Dark Red UI on MAHDI?

Reactions: ThatKawaiiGuy

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 15, 2013
Nice. :)

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

I am on HellKat now. Nice UI! Will check the features.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

UI is great, but the features I look for are not in it or I just missed where they are placed? I like MAHDI more. Is it possible to have the Dark Red UI on MAHDI?

The features are in settings>HellKat interface

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey!
    Big thanks out to Xboxfanj because if it wasn't for him, there would only be a Geespr build cause I'm lazy, so unified builds ftw!

But yeah, this is HellKat, keep it clean, report issues here, and report general stuff/questions in the main thread

Good stuff is here
    HERE

Please only use the latest build for now, older one is Geespr

jygebany.jpg

ha9e9y6a.jpg

Looks very good. So this is AOSP right? I have been using MAHDI since saturday. It's been very good. What is the advantage of HellKat against MAHDI? And what is more updated frequently? Thanks.

I update Mahdi more