Clock has wrong time!

Search This thread

dead.burdock

Feb 3, 2014
Hi Guys,

Ive spent a good amount of time today getting HyperDrive 15 (with safestrap) on my Vzw GS4. Its on and configured the way I like it, except for one thing.

The time is 1 hour ahead of what it should be. I think its not accounting for daylight saving time.

I can manually enter the timezone and it displays the correct time, but as soon as I switch it to get the time from the network, it bumps the time forward an hour.

Ive even tried the "Clock Sync" app and it also shows the time (both atomic and device) as being 1 hour ahead of what it should be.

Ive looked all over and I cant figure out how to get the network time to display the right time.

Any advice?

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Hi Guys,

Ive spent a good amount of time today getting HyperDrive 15 (with safestrap) on my Vzw GS4. Its on and configured the way I like it, except for one thing.

The time is 1 hour ahead of what it should be. I think its not accounting for daylight saving time.

I can manually enter the timezone and it displays the correct time, but as soon as I switch it to get the time from the network, it bumps the time forward an hour.

Ive even tried the "Clock Sync" app and it also shows the time (both atomic and device) as being 1 hour ahead of what it should be.

Ive looked all over and I cant figure out how to get the network time to display the right time.

Any advice?

What time zone are you in?
You say it's "not accounting for daylight savings time" but if daylight savings time is on, then you would be 1 hour ahead of standard time, which would account for you showing one hour fast if you're in an area that doesn't observe DST.

If the "Automatic time zone" is putting you in the wrong zone, then switch that off, set the proper timezone, and then see how it goes. If that works, try turning "Automatic time zone" back on - if that pushes you an hour ahead, contact your network provider and ask them to fix it.

dead.burdock

Feb 3, 2014
What time zone are you in?
You say it's "not accounting for daylight savings time" but if daylight savings time is on, then you would be 1 hour ahead of standard time, which would account for you showing one hour fast if you're in an area that doesn't observe DST.

If the "Automatic time zone" is putting you in the wrong zone, then switch that off, set the proper timezone, and then see how it goes. If that works, try turning "Automatic time zone" back on - if that pushes you an hour ahead, contact your network provider and ask them to fix it.

Im on mountain time. When i use network time, it causes the phone to be 1 hour ahead of what it should be. I can uncheck those, set the time, then recheck "use network time" and the time will stay correct, but if I set it to use the network time zone, then it causes the time to move forward an hour again.