[Q] My phone is soft bricked ! (SOLVED )

Search This thread

bikrame

Jun 10, 2010
New York City
I am stock here , trying to fix bluetooth and wifi issue.
any solutions??

Update : problem solved . see Fourth post .

Attachments

• 20140417_001919.jpg
    20140417_001919.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20140417_002123.jpg
    20140417_002123.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
If stock try what screen suggests, hook your phone up to Kies and do a restore with Kies.

Pp.

sent from my bluetooth controlled toaster.

jjwright1987

Apr 17, 2014
If stock try what screen suggests, hook your phone up to Kies and do a restore with Kies.

Pp.

sent from my bluetooth controlled toaster.

I have the same screen now... I wasn't on stock and I was sitting comfortably with the MDL bootloader and while trying to get Insane KitKat working, I must have done something wrong and now Kies can't restore it either and I'm on the MK2 bootloader or something.... I have a Knox counter now........

IntactDev

Apr 18, 2014
any solutions??

You can flash Philz Recovery to get rid of the "Kies Recovery" screen. I have the same exact problem, and I can't solve it so far. Been trying to fix it for the past 7 hours.

----
Edit:
I fixed it! Once you flash Philz Recovery, factory wipe the phone, and delete dalvik cache. Once that is done, flash the ROM you wanted to install through Philz Recovery, and the Samsung Galaxy S4 logo will load up (with the error on top left) then the rom will load up right after. I hope this works!

Last edited:

jjwright1987

Apr 17, 2014
You can flash Philz Recovery to get rid of the "Kies Recovery" screen. I have the same exact problem, and I can't solve it so far. Been trying to fix it for the past 7 hours.

----
Edit:
I fixed it! Once you flash Philz Recovery, factory wipe the phone, and delete dalvik cache. Once that is done, flash the ROM you wanted to install through Philz Recovery, and the Samsung Galaxy S4 logo will load up (with the error on top left) then the rom will load up right after. I hope this works!

If I could thank you 5 times I would... I was sure I bricked my phone, I was actually preparing myself to buy the S5 lol, I'm glad I don't have to make that pointless upgrade now, thank you :good: :victory:

bikrame

Jun 10, 2010
New York City

----
Edit:

My odin fails to flash Phil recovery :(
I get phone into download mode and then try to odin but it says failed !!!
How did you flash it ??

UPdate ::
I cange my cable and it worked! thanks man !!

Last edited:

Digital_Fidelity

May 3, 2012
Ellensburg
Okay so I'm fixed now but my phone is broken.... I have tried flashing several different ROMs and now I even restored the phone to stock and unrooted but every time I try to use the phone app, it freezes and doesn't give me anything.... Is there anything I can do?

bikrame

Jun 10, 2010
New York City
Okay so I'm fixed now but my phone is broken.... I have tried flashing several different ROMs and now I even restored the phone to stock and unrooted but every time I try to use the phone app, it freezes and doesn't give me anything.... Is there anything I can do?

Thats like modem/ baseband issue. Which badeband do youhave??

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Digital_Fidelity

May 3, 2012
Ellensburg

I've had NB4 for a while now, none of that changed. I have data just fine but the phone app freezes for a really long time and then reboots the phone. Plus the whole phone is insanely slow now. Aaaannnnd now I have a knox counter and am sad :( I might just try to sell this to someone on XDA who might think they can bring it back to life. It turns on, it has data just fine and a fast signal but the phone is so slow it can't keep up...

Reactions: bikrame

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    any solutions??

----
    Edit:

I've had NB4 for a while now, none of that changed. I have data just fine but the phone app freezes for a really long time and then reboots the phone. Plus the whole phone is insanely slow now. Aaaannnnd now I have a knox counter and am sad :( I might just try to sell this to someone on XDA who might think they can bring it back to life. It turns on, it has data just fine and a fast signal but the phone is so slow it can't keep up...