From MDL 4.2.2 to CM11 (M3) and back

Search This thread

JJ5150

Oct 16, 2011
Hi. I'm not sure how to even ask this question. I've heard that the OTA 4.3 version of Android does something to the bootloader and disables loki patches or something like that. My question is... If I'm on MDL 4.2.2 now with Loki patch and TWRP recovery... if I use the CM11 web installer from CM and upgrade my custom rom to CM11 4.4.2... will CM11 mess with my bootloader to where I have to revert to SafeStrapper? or does CM11 not mess with the bootloader to which I can continue to install any rom I want? thanks :confused:

Last edited:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Hi. I'm not sure how to even ask this question. I've heard that the OTA 4.3 version of Android does something to the bootloader and disables loki patches or something like that. My question is... If I'm on MDL 4.2.2 now with Loki patch and TWRP recovery... if I use the CM11 web installer from CM and upgrade my custom rom to CM11 4.4.2... will CM11 mess with my bootloader to where I have to revert to SafeStrapper? or does CM11 not mess with the bootloader to which I can continue to install any rom I want? thanks :confused:

No, it won't mess with your bootloader. If you update your firmware then your on trouble. But you're just flashing a custom rom so you're ok.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: JJ5150

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, it won't mess with your bootloader. If you update your firmware then your on trouble. But you're just flashing a custom rom so you're ok.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
    Flashing ROMs is fine, but just so you know the CM Installer does not work on our device. You have to flash it in recovery.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running GPE