IDEA : git repository

Search This thread

lgstoian

Mar 3, 2010
Bucharest
I find that many developers are working on porting android 2.1 or 1.6 vanila and it result in much duplicated work.
I was thinking of maybe setting up 2 git repositories one for 1.6 AOSP and 2.1 AOSP on which everyone can work on, improve and fix bugs.

kiljacken

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Nykøbing Mars
I find that many developers are working on porting android 2.1 or 1.6 vanila and it result in much duplicated work.
I was thinking of maybe setting up 2 git repositories one for 1.6 AOSP and 2.1 AOSP on which everyone can work on, improve and fix bugs.

That's a nice idea, im begging to look after a site to host the repositories...

lgstoian

Mar 3, 2010
Bucharest
We can use github for hosting or any other site. I'm interested in looking after the repositories too.
A centralized effort will always be better then a fragmented one.

kiljacken

Feb 20, 2010
Nykøbing Mars
We can use github for hosting or any other site. I'm interested in looking after the repositories too.
A centralized effort will always be better then a fragmented one.

If you have alot of money, then Github would be ok... But it costs $50/month for the package that is minimum for two sets of android source code...

lgstoian

Mar 3, 2010
Bucharest
We can use sourcefordge too. The offer svn and git repositories. So what about it folks, who would be interested?

lgstoian

Mar 3, 2010
Bucharest
I think we should open a project on sourcefordge for android 2.2 with the first task being to get the new kernel (2.6.32) working on the tattoo.

suoko

Jan 7, 2010
Tokyo
It could host the long awaited universal froyo upgrade

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

kiljacken

Feb 20, 2010
Nykøbing Mars
I think we should open a project on sourcefordge for android 2.2 with the first task being to get the new kernel (2.6.32) working on the tattoo.

That will be hard becuase the new kernel (2.6.32) is very big so we would need something like GRUB to boot it, from another partition than the boot partition...

Last edited:

gribelu

Apr 12, 2010
If we disable enough modules the size should go down but that would mean it won't be universal any more.
There could be a regular version and a 'lite' version for Tattoo and older phones.

suoko

Jan 7, 2010
Tokyo
Wait wait wait.
I can play full divx movies smoothly so some seldom used modules could be stored on sd with no prob.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App