[MOD] HTC_IME v27 by Jonasl: New Thread!

Search This thread

gIMpSTa

Sep 8, 2009
Maine
Now offline, sorry.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 3,716
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 2,313
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1,706
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,525
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,388
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,284
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,562
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,239
Last edited:

mad-murdock

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
Weee, on first page! Finally this thread has a proper new live...

Greedy, greedy gimpsta, reserving four (4!) Posts.... hopefully less trolls here, mate :)

Swyped with HTC Desire. Excuse typos.

mad-murdock

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
still the best keyboard, the Gingerbread KB has no chance, let's hope this will work with 2.3

Hmm, not sure you are right about this. This keyboard is for sure great,.but gingerbread keyboard has all important base base features, like multi touch key combos. It also looks attracting. And best, we will have full sources for it, which makes it much more easy to expand.
It might attract an active developer, time will show....

ksc6000

Apr 28, 2010
I really hope this is possbile on the nexus s. The HTC IME keyboard is absolutely indispensible to me. It in my experience has by far the best spell correction out of any keyboard I've tried. No other keyboard can I mess a word up so bad, add in a few extra letters than the word has, or not have enough, and it will still figure out what I'm trying to say.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

sosquidtaste

Jun 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Big thanks, gimpsta. I've been playing around with the keyboard generator since last night and it's an awesome service :]

I also have a wild, nubby question:

Probably the only thing I love about the stock Froyo keyboard is the upward-swipe gesture that extends the number and punctuation rows above the qwerty layout. The long-press method on HTC IME is alright, but not quite as fast (for me) as the upward-swipe.

Is that something that's even possible to incorporate into this mod? Or is it sort of an apples to oranges kind of thing?

Thanks for keeping everything up to date. If I know myself well enough, I'll be back to your generator in about two days to whip up another layout :p

bla0ck

Aug 23, 2007
You can set long press delay to 250 ms which is much faster to me than swype up on stock kb.

Gilg@mesh

Jan 15, 2009
Stockholm
Hmm, not sure you are right about this. This keyboard is for sure great,.but gingerbread keyboard has all important base base features, like multi touch key combos. It also looks attracting. And best, we will have full sources for it, which makes it much more easy to expand.
It might attract an active developer, time will show....

the keys are to small for me when using swedish Gingerbread keyboard, this one is much better.

Gilg@mesh

Jan 15, 2009
Stockholm
is it possible to get some features like multitouch etc from the Gingerbread keyboard? or maybe use the Gingerbread keyboard but modify it so the interface looks exactly like this one?

Last edited:

hareng

Jul 12, 2009
I really love the HTC_IME, but I can't make it work with HD2One with "lcd_density=200".

Could you help me ?
I think the keybord doesn't feat the resolution :(

AreOh

Oct 19, 2010
I have this on my G2 and has there been an update to fix the bug that automatically capatalize the 2nd letter when using the physical keyboard?

gIMpSTa

Sep 8, 2009
Maine
is it possible to get some features like multitouch etc from the Gingerbread keyboard? or maybe use the Gingerbread keyboard but modify it so the interface looks exactly like this one?

The first part, no. As far as making the gingerbread keyboard look like this, it could probably be skinned to look like this and maybe some features added, but if you really want THIS (htc_ime mod) keyboard/feature set with multitouch I highly recommend smart keyboard pro. You can skin it to look just like htc_ime (or anything you want) and it has literally every feature htc_ime mod has and then some.

I really love the HTC_IME, but I can't make it work with HD2One with "lcd_density=200".

Could you help me ?
I think the keybord doesn't feat the resolution :(

It's really not possible (or at least very easy) to modify the resolution of these keyboards without source. If there isn't one that works for your resolution then there isn't much anyone can do at this moment, sorry.

I have this on my G2 and has there been an update to fix the bug that automatically capatalize the 2nd letter when using the physical keyboard?

I was unaware of this bug, not sure how I'll test it without physical keyboard, but I know Jonasl has left behind some code for debugging physical keyboard problems. I'll look into it tonight.

ultraviolet74

Aug 18, 2009
Rome
I have a Nexus One with last Cyanogenmod but I'm unable to use this keyboard!
I've downloaded the High Resolution v27 for Android 2.2/Froyo but when:
To change keyboard, long press on lower left key on stock keyboard or any input field. Select input method in the menu

ANYTHING happen... :(

where is my fault?

PS I'm a FUC...ng noobie!!! ;)

Top Liked Posts