[DUMP]Transformer Android 2.2 System Dump

Search This thread

SlimDan22

Jan 7, 2007
Warren, Michigan
[Background]

A few users have gotten Transformers with Android 2.2 installed with diagnostic tools included. So far there have been 3 confirmed users who have gotten these units.
These units are shipped rooted from Asus

Unfortunately, t0dbld has confirmed that the sbk is locked on these devices

[Photos]

P1020527.jpg
P1020524.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

[System Dump]

System Archive:

http://db.tt/p3p14Ez
MD5 for Archive:
http://db.tt/DWpL8U7
Or

85c584c6f425fbd6ab111b9f73251fe0

[Reference Thread]
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1054120

[Credits]
mmsson - Took time to provide system dump
t0dbld - Helping with users with 2.2 TF and confirming sbk is locked
Welshiren - Currently taking his time to provide more details on his 2.2 TF

*I did not create the system dump or the photographs, and i take no credit for it

Last edited:
Reactions: bplewis24

SlimDan22

Jan 7, 2007
Warren, Michigan
Just some findings i found that i thought where interesting

in \system\lib\hw\wlan\ there are specific broadcom files

bcm4329.ko
fw_bcm4329.bin
fw_bcm4329_apsta.bin
fw_bcm4329_mfg.bin

The Broadcom 4329 supports FM according to specs
http://www.broadcom.com/products/Blu...utions/BCM4329

and look what i found in the app folder
FMTesttool.apk

Interesting...

The FMTesttool.apk wont run for me
I dont know if it is a honeycomb issue or a issue with it being disable in the Broadcom bin files

One user told me when he ran it it displayed radio frequencies but everything was in Chinese, and there was no audio output or any type of RF noise coming from the TF

Reactions: knoxploration

t0dbld

Mar 21, 2010
Michigan
Do any of these users have root access, a system dump is nice but we could use alot more than that.. we need to see if there partitions are hidden etc we need to see if they have an available partition map or at least a blkid command, next we should dd these partitions etc, the best we could gain from this is to see if the partitions still match up the same as in hc builds and than know where to look to unlock our devices

SlimDan22

Jan 7, 2007
Warren, Michigan
Do any of these users have root access, a system dump is nice but we could use alot more than that.. we need to see if there partitions are hidden etc we need to see if they have an available partition map or at least a blkid command, next we should dd these partitions etc, the best we could gain from this is to see if the partitions still match up the same as in hc builds and than know where to look to unlock our devices

I am unsure since the 3 known users who have gotten these units seem to be regular end users, the dump that was acquired was done through a walkthrough by another member on xda from what i was told

If you want to contact welshiron and walk him through the steps in doing a dd image of the partitions and go over any other things you want to know about the device
(dont know if he is familiar with linux, maybe have him do it through a live CD if he is up to it, or maybe use Cygwin to run DD if it even supports it)

Im still an Android noob so i cant really help him too much

If he is the trusting type he might let someone remote in via teamviewer, logmein, etc. lol

Anyways, my theory is these are shipping mistakes because of the limited supply, and once supply increases we may never see any of these test units again

Last edited:

t0dbld

Mar 21, 2010
Michigan
You Dont need linux for a DD, we need root and that is all, also if they are on 2.2 and linux kernel .32 than super one click should work for a quick root and unroot when done. after than we need to get them to open an adb shell,
C:\ adb shell
$ su
# blkid

this will get us some output that we can go on from there also there maybe be a partition map on the tab... i wont get mine till tuesday so i can only guess on where it is . either way we would want to start dd the partitions he has or tha came up for example from the same adb shell with su

$ su
# dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p1.img

SlimDan22

Jan 7, 2007
Warren, Michigan
You Dont need linux for a DD, we need root and that is all, also if they are on 2.2 and linux kernel .32 than super one click should work for a quick root and unroot when done. after than we need to get them to open an adb shell,
$ su
# blkid

this will get us some output that we can go on from there also there maybe be a partition map on the tab... i wont get mine till tuesday so i can only guess on where it is . either way we would want to start dd the partitions he has or tha came up for example from the same adb shell with su

$ su
# dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p1.img

Didnt know dd was built into android shell, thats cool

Can you contact him and walk him through it, i contacted asking him if he ever used ADB before, haven't gotten a response yet

jcarrz1

Retired Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
scienceprousa.com

bcm4329.ko
fw_bcm4329.bin
fw_bcm4329_apsta.bin
fw_bcm4329_mfg.bin

FMTesttool.apk

Interesting...

I dont know if it is a honeycomb issue or a issue with it being disable in the Broadcom bin files

One user told me when he ran it it displayed radio frequencies but everything was in Chinese, and there was no audio output or any type of RF noise coming from the TF

new roms have the same bcm4329 files, look in /system/vendor in any rom (prime for example).

and lol i'm stupid, dd is the obvious answer for the boot.img.
We could theoretically make a cool testing rom with that.

jcarrz1

Retired Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
scienceprousa.com
also, if a wipe/factory reset got rid of testing apps, that means they were in /data, so we need a dump of that too, almost for sure. you see, i've never had a factory reset that so much as TOUCHED system partition, so if the apps disappeared after a reset, they were in data, not /system.

SlimDan22

Jan 7, 2007
Warren, Michigan
Hi!

Sorry if it has been posted already :rolleyes: .

There is another guy who has received a 2.2 TF, and he cannot post in this thread.

I beg any master please go to this link (look in the pages 19 and 20) and help this man before he returns his TF tomorrow. Maybe there is still time to get something useful.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1054120&page=20

Regards.

Are you talking about mmsson, if so he already returned it, he is the one who provided the partial system dump

But if you are talking about welshiron then i am in contact with him, it seems that no one has contacted him yet which is disappointing, i am trying my best to help him but i am not as experienced as other users in the community

Im working on showing how how to check for root

Last edited:

CalvinH

Apr 26, 2009
Yes I was talking about welshiron.

Thank you for your efforts. I would like to be able to do something by myself, but can't do much (well, apart from annoy you really expert guys by posting here and there).

Good luck.

Regards.

Buembel

Nov 13, 2008
what exactly are the advantages of a 2.2 dump? will you be able to make older apps work? :p

Blades

Aug 11, 2008
I wonder if they have a different bootloader.. Is the partition layout the same? Thats a different tegrastats than my gtab.. Has anyone confirmed that this rom is not already rooted.. certainly seems like it would be. I really hope I get one of these treats.

SlimDan22

Jan 7, 2007
Warren, Michigan
Update:

The dev units do have root access!, welshiron has confirmed it and was able to run the su command to enable root privileges via adb

i need help from other experienced members here, i am going to have him run the blkid command, but after that i am unable to reliably walk him through and dumps through dd, due to lack of experience

Last edited:

welshiron

May 14, 2011
Wales
I seem to have permission to post here now, how do I run the blkid command and what will that tell us?

Just a reminder, Android and Linux are alien to me so I will need help with the syntax

Balor

Apr 1, 2010
I'm no expert but on my Desire I do this...

Download Mini ADB.

Have mine if ya need Link!

Run the Runme.Bat file
In the pop-up box type: adb shell
when it gets a console type: blkid

EDIT: Just in case it wasn't obvious, connect your Transformer to PC with USB and enable USB Debugging.
EDIT2: I think it's possible you will need to push Busybox to your device.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick update on welshiron's device , i spent more time with it today, and unfortunitly i was able to confirm it is not a dev unit, it still has a locked sbk etc :-( so it seems that they did not accidentally ship dev units but rather improperly flashed ones , security is still there, the partitions are different but i dont see anything of any use ... sorry to be the bearer of bad news
    I've been asked to post the results of a 'df -h' so it's here:

/dev: 386380K total, 12K used, 386368K available (block size 4096)
    /mnt/asec: 386380K total, 0K used, 386380K available (block size 4096)
    /system: 187158K total, 167369K used, 19789K available (block size 1024)
    /data: 1015552K total, 142286K used, 873266K available (block size 2048)
    /cache: 31736K total, 3940K used, 27796K available (block size 2048)
    /misc: 1838K total, -129220K used, 131058K available (block size 2048)
    /storage: 13911200K total, 64K used, 13911136K available (block size 32768)
    /mnt/sdcard: 1993344K total, 20320K used, 1973024K available (block size 32768)
    /mnt/secure/asec: 1993344K total, 20320K used, 1973024K available (block size 32768)

Balor, I'll read your post through again later when I've more time to understand what each line means.
    [Background]

A few users have gotten Transformers with Android 2.2 installed with diagnostic tools included. So far there have been 3 confirmed users who have gotten these units.
    These units are shipped rooted from Asus

Unfortunately, t0dbld has confirmed that the sbk is locked on these devices

[Photos]

P1020527.jpg
    P1020524.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

[System Dump]

System Archive:

http://db.tt/p3p14Ez
    MD5 for Archive:
    http://db.tt/DWpL8U7
    Or

85c584c6f425fbd6ab111b9f73251fe0

[Reference Thread]
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1054120

[Credits]
    mmsson - Took time to provide system dump
    t0dbld - Helping with users with 2.2 TF and confirming sbk is locked
    Welshiren - Currently taking his time to provide more details on his 2.2 TF

*I did not create the system dump or the photographs, and i take no credit for it

bcm4329.ko
    fw_bcm4329.bin
    fw_bcm4329_apsta.bin
    fw_bcm4329_mfg.bin

FMTesttool.apk

Interesting...

Im going to attempt to flash that system.img, honeycomb sucks for video playback. Yeah, I said it. Honeycomb is garbage.