The best apps that have been pulled from the Android Market...

Search This thread
NOTE: These apps do not exist on the android market any longer because they in some way violated the market's ToS.

I thought this would be a very informative thread for everyone to add to, though I can only think of a few off the top of my head. Please, Add great apps that have been pulled from the market to the list.

I have updated the list to refelct all those mentioned as of 01-04-2012:
  1. Grooveshark - stream songs and playlists via your grooveshark account
  2. WifiKill - view and kick off users on a wireless network
  3. ShootMe - screen capture app
  4. Super Mario live wallpaper - watch mario go through three levels in the background
  5. Icestream - Stream or download movies, tv shows, music, and more for free
  6. Ghosttown - use youtube to search for and stream songs
  7. Gtunes - Search and download single songs
  8. Gameboid - Gameboy emulator
  9. Bitsblock - A tetris variant
  10. Snesoid and nesoid emulators
  11. Openhome launcher - a launcher (unsure of why it was pulled...?)

These types of threads have been done before, but usually are more along the lines of "best apps to have for root users", etc... I am interested in knowing of more and will add others as I think of them. Please contribute! :)

Last edited:

jaronow

Nov 14, 2008
I like this idea. Ill come back and add more as I think of them..

[*] Gtunes - allowed you to dl music

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I love gtunes. That and tubemate are 2 must have apps.

Neither require root either

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
+1 for ice stream. Can't live without it

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

crhylove

May 6, 2010
Honolulu
www.openairships.com
I also hate when an app isn't available for your particular device, even though you know damn well your device can run the app (having tested other ways). The whole Market thing is kinda frustrating. And now I have to have the Google Market AND the Amazon Market for my apps, and neither will just filter the FOSS apps, which is what I mostly want anyway.

I think bitblocks was the best version of tetris yet on android. It was removed. Also Snesoid, and Nesoid, though I understand the author was violating the GPL, so what can you do....

daymo

May 16, 2010
Southampton
I also hate when an app isn't available for your particular device, even though you know damn well your device can run the app (having tested other ways). The whole Market thing is kinda frustrating. And now I have to have the Google Market AND the Amazon Market for my apps, and neither will just filter the FOSS apps, which is what I mostly want anyway.

I think bitblocks was the best version of tetris yet on android. It was removed. Also Snesoid, and Nesoid, though I understand the author was violating the GPL, so what can you do....

Snesoid and nesoid are available on the slideme market for free.....

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

daymo

May 16, 2010
Southampton
I just keep getting an unable to connect error to link with ice stream....anyone else?
Got it working with mx video player...

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: These apps do not exist on the android market any longer because they in some way violated the market's ToS.

I thought this would be a very informative thread for everyone to add to, though I can only think of a few off the top of my head. Please, Add great apps that have been pulled from the market to the list.

I have updated the list to refelct all those mentioned as of 01-04-2012:
    1. Grooveshark - stream songs and playlists via your grooveshark account
    2. WifiKill - view and kick off users on a wireless network
    3. ShootMe - screen capture app
    4. Super Mario live wallpaper - watch mario go through three levels in the background
    5. Icestream - Stream or download movies, tv shows, music, and more for free
    6. Ghosttown - use youtube to search for and stream songs
    7. Gtunes - Search and download single songs
    8. Gameboid - Gameboy emulator
    9. Bitsblock - A tetris variant
    10. Snesoid and nesoid emulators
    11. Openhome launcher - a launcher (unsure of why it was pulled...?)

These types of threads have been done before, but usually are more along the lines of "best apps to have for root users", etc... I am interested in knowing of more and will add others as I think of them. Please contribute! :)
    I like this idea. Ill come back and add more as I think of them..

[*] Gtunes - allowed you to dl music

[*] Applanet - check it out (last attachment)...and if you like it, i'd love if you hit that *thanks* ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    Can't seem to find ice stream anywhere, is it for tablets?

you're welcome ;)
    Evil operator-allows you to make to people call each other

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
    1) Ghost town- YouTube music streaming.

http://ghosttownapp.com/

2) Icestream- Perfect movie streamer/Downloader.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=/watch?v=Dx_ni_GYrrk&v=Dx_ni_GYrrk&gl=GB

Regards