ChobitsDigitalis Rom Support Thread

Search This thread

HCFroyd247

Mar 30, 2012

Pp6MA3U.jpg

This thread is made specifically to address issues and inquiries about this rom, please feel free to ask questions and comments.

ChobitsDigitalis Rom Development Thread
Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26312620

***UNDER MAINTENANCE

Last edited:

debopriyo

Jan 16, 2012
Google Play Store

can we auto-upgrade to google play store from the android market here ? .. Is there any kind of issues with system apps updates ?? :confused:

Silvane

Feb 21, 2012
Lol where did that come from. I'm pretty sure he isn't.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

Silvane

Feb 21, 2012
Mods already saw it and edited out the download link from the first post.

@OP
Sure, will test later and report back. :)

Btw, really like the lite version idea. Wish all roms would consider doing that. So tired of backing up and restoring all my apps (I have 65+) whenever I flash a new rom. XD

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Pp6MA3U.jpg

This thread is made specifically to address issues and inquiries about this rom, please feel free to ask questions and comments.

ChobitsDigitalis Rom Development Thread
    Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26312620

***UNDER MAINTENANCE
    Being Personal:)

BEING PERSONAL:)

Q. Who are you? Where are you from?
    A. My identity doesn't matter, I am a citizen of the "www", I am just like you, eager to learn and try new things.

Q. Why don't you post often or actively participate in forum discussions? Why aren't you a senior member?
    A. There are many members here that are quite legible to answers questions, some also act like moderators:) I post on relevant issues in which I strongly believe. I may not be a senior member but I have been with xda since 2005 when I still have a Himalaya and an O2xda phone. Been quite inactive for a while when I switched to symbian, I registered under the same username back then, I really don't know why my previous account is not available anymore, xda may have deleted it because of my long inactivity.

Q. Are you a snob? Why don't you answer my private messages or posts?
    A. Nope. I do not answer queries that has been already answered in the thread, I believe in the capability of members to search for answers. It is more satisfying that way.:)

Q. Your work sucks compare to others.
    A. Thank you very much. That is what I needed to make things better next time:)

Q. Can I be your friend/buddy?
    A. Atlast, someone asked:) Of course just add me up.

Q. What do you think is the best Android phone as of today?
    A. There are many great android phones to mention. But for price and practicality SGY/st15i/Wonder/a8181.

Q. I want to create a custom rom, can I use your Rom as my base?
    A. Sure. Just include the base rom's name and a link to my thread.

Q. Why don't you own a SGY?
    A. I sold it. SGY is my first Android phone, I have used emulators before and run Android OS natively on my pc before really dipping my toe to an Android phone.

Q. Where is your "press thanks!", "if I helped..", etc. taglines in your signature?
    A. I believe members will truly appreciate your work by pressing the "thanks" button without reminding them with the aid of those taglines. Your "thanks" are really appreciated. You are Welcome and Thank you very much!

Q. What is your work/job?
    A. secret. If I tell you, I am obliged to silence you:)

Q. Why aren't you always online?
    A. Believe it or not, I am always online. I maybe lurking around some sites other than xda, but I periodically check on other android developments here.

Q. Why choose "ChobitsDigitalis" as your rom's name?
    A. Chobits= from an anime, a persocom, an android.
    Digitalis= a plant that can aid/cure heart disease, but lethal if improperly used.

Q. Why dont you create an ICS themed rom?
    A. There are many ICS themed rom out there, it may look like ICS but certainly do not work/act like one. I personally want a custom themed gingerbread look. I would rather use a real ICS rather than a themed one. Do not get me wrong, I have nothing against ICS themers (I even commend them for their efforts:)) This is just my own personal opinion. If you want to create an ICS theme for this rom, I would really appreciate it because it gives users of this rom more options.

Q. What phone are you using now?
    A. I wonder.(?)

Q. What tools are you using to create a rom?
    A. ubuntu, cygwin for windows, apktool, xdatool, Adobe photoshop/fireworks, gimp, notepad++, etc.

Q. Can I post your rom to other websites/forums?
    A. Sure. just include the link this thread.

Q. Why do you like cyan/teal so much?
    A. Your guess is as good as mine. The same way you like black, blue, red, etc.

Q. Is this your last rom release?
    A. I do not know. I would like to see a working ICS, just like in mini, fit, gio, etc.

Q. Please help in developing CM7/CM9.
    A. It will be very difficult to work on that if i do not have the phone. But who knows.. someone may actually port or make CM9 from the source for SGY:) and gosh we need drivers!

Q. Can I mirror your links?
    A. Yes you can, under one condition please send me a PM for the mirrored links so I can include them here.

Q. What is your favorite Android app?
    A. Many to mention but mostly are Games!!!:)

Q. What do you think is the best rom for SGY?
    A. I would like to think it is "ChobitsDigitalis"!:) But there are many roms out there, please try them out and support their developers.

Q. Why post this? What are you thinking?
    A. Just for fun. I am thinking of your momma, teeheee:):):)
    18 Quick Debugging Questions

Feel free to answer questions. (you can skip items)

18 Quick Debugging Questions:

1. Is Wifi / GSM Signals working?
    2. Is the 14 Toggles feature set perfectly?
    3. Does the screen freeze when updating to the latest downloadable version?
    4. Is the User Interface easy to navigate?
    5. Is the keyboards (stock, gingerbread, swype) working with NO force-closes?
    6. Does the fonts pre-installed appear correctly on screen?
    7. Do you experience application crashes? eg. force-close, hang, lag, etc.
    8. Does a2sd and link2sd work?
    9. Do themes patch correctly?
    10. How is the performance of this ROM?
    11. Do other modified kernels works with this ROM?
    12. Do you have signal strength issues?
    13. How is your battery life after calibrating?
    14. What is your benchmark results? (can test using Antutu Benchmark tool, etc.)
    15. Does V6supercharger, st@matis, etc scripts work on this ROM?
    16. Is there any functionalities you want to add?
    17. How would you compare ChobitsDigitalis ROM to other custom rom available?
    18. Please rate this ROM from 1-10 ="n" for stability, performance, user experience.
    (ex. "n" =stability, "n" =performance, "n" =user experience)

Thank you very much for taking time to answer this questions, this will greatly help me in evaluating what needs to be done or fixed.

Enjoy your SGY!
    yes you can update. there will be no issue with system apps only icons will change and some customizations.