[q] can you flash rom w/fastboot

Search This thread

tccc143

May 12, 2011
Vine Grove
I somehow have locked myself out but still have access to CWM and FASTBOOT. So, how do I use FASTBOOT to install a rom? Is it even possible? I just flashed CWM again, but still cannot get my CWM Backup copy to work.

Shooshka

Nov 15, 2011
Moscow
ishoo.ru
up.
My friend has same issue, change build.prop.. no backup, no adb, only fastboot with cwm. Any ideas? Ext SD don't work in CWM\TWRP.

upd: Answer myself - Plug into usb in recovery, update driver in device manager to ADB Device, use adb :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tobdaryl

ri123

Apr 30, 2012
What happens if clockworkmod recovery cannot read zip files???

ardit123

Sep 30, 2012
noooo!! i try "fastboot flash zip rom.zip" and it says FAILED remote partition does not exist!! what can i do now??

funnel71

Jan 24, 2011
The command you can used to flash a zipped ROM like the stock one from Asus is...

Fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash system yourrom.zip

I usually flash these using twrp recovery but I think that will do it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

Reactions: ozgurq

TsarProdigy

Nov 13, 2011
Spokane, WA
Maybe I just can't follow instructions or anythng, but I attempted my first ROM flash and it didn't work.
I tried the Blackbean 5 ROM, with TWRP. I found a set of instructions saying how to flash with TWRP, so I followed them, and I think I've soft-bricked my TF300T. Just stays on the Asus logo, and in top left it says "The Device is UnLocked."
I DID make a recovery in TWRP, and I attempted to flash that back with no luck.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, so can someone help me out here?

The command you can used to flash a zipped ROM like the stock one from Asus is...

Fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash system yourrom.zip

I usually flash these using twrp recovery but I think that will do it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

I tried this with the stock ROM, from their website, and it didn't help...
So I'm not sure what my problem is now.

Then again, when it comes to ROMs, I'm a noob.

EDIT: I still have TWRP, my recovery, and the Blackbean ROM .zip on the device.

Last edited:

tobdaryl

May 7, 2010
Maybe I just can't follow instructions or anythng, but I attempted my first ROM flash and it didn't work.
I tried the Blackbean 5 ROM, with TWRP. I found a set of instructions saying how to flash with TWRP, so I followed them, and I think I've soft-bricked my TF300T. Just stays on the Asus logo, and in top left it says "The Device is UnLocked."
I DID make a recovery in TWRP, and I attempted to flash that back with no luck.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, so can someone help me out here?

I tried this with the stock ROM, from their website, and it didn't help...
So I'm not sure what my problem is now.

Then again, when it comes to ROMs, I'm a noob.

EDIT: I still have TWRP, my recovery, and the Blackbean ROM .zip on the device.

Background first when stock were you JB or ICS? Blackbean OP does not specify. At the moment I'm to lazy to read through thread or flash to find the answer. If you were on stock JB you can only use JB roms, if you were on ICS you can only use JB after stock upgrade to JB.

Forget Blackbean for now and let's concentrate on getting you fully functional on stock again. If you were on ICS then download stock 9.4.3.30 and unzip once that leaves you with a zip. Place that zip on your ( /sdcard ) or external sdcard ( /Removable/MicroSD ) and flash with Twrp. If you were JB then the instructions are the same except use stock 10.4.2.13.
If you do this you will loose your recovery ( Twrp ) but you should have a functional unit.
Non stock rom install.
Be sure you use proper rom for your bootloader ( ICS or JB ). Choose one that gives you instructions as to what to wipe, etc. You can adlib after you get your feet wet. If the op gives instructions use them if not then you may or may not have a happy ending with generic instructions.:good:

If you need anything explained let me know and I'll step by step for what you don't understand.

The reply you tried to follow said "I think", you should have investigated before following. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that was incorrect but the poster was in doubt and you should be also.
When we say "I think" we kind of assume you are going to do some reading and be comfortable with everything before you continue.

I took a little time to look over Blackbean and as I suspected it is for the ICS bootloader not JB.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigJeff

maggoty

Oct 29, 2012
same problem

I am having the exact same problem. I did manage to install the clean rom 2.5 custom rom successfully originally, and i made a backup through CWM, but I cant install any other rom on there for some reason. Yesterday I managed to go back to stock Asus jellybean rom successfully, and then had to root it and install CWM again successfully. I have again tried again today to install that EuroSkank rom, but alas, I get stuck at the ASUS boot logo permanently and nothing happens?
What might I be doing wrong??
I am on Jellybean. Thankfully the CWM is working fine and I could also restore my cleanrom2.5 backup.

Background first when stock were you JB or ICS? Blackbean OP does not specify. At the moment I'm to lazy to read through thread or flash to find the answer. If you were on stock JB you can only use JB roms, if you were on ICS you can only use JB after stock upgrade to JB.

Forget Blackbean for now and let's concentrate on getting you fully functional on stock again. If you were on ICS then download stock 9.4.3.30 and unzip once that leaves you with a zip. Place that zip on your ( /sdcard ) or external sdcard ( /Removable/MicroSD ) and flash with Twrp. If you were JB then the instructions are the same except use stock 10.4.2.13.
If you do this you will loose your recovery ( Twrp ) but you should have a functional unit.
Non stock rom install.
Be sure you use proper rom for your bootloader ( ICS or JB ). Choose one that gives you instructions as to what to wipe, etc. You can adlib after you get your feet wet. If the op gives instructions use them if not then you may or may not have a happy ending with generic instructions.:good:

If you need anything explained let me know and I'll step by step for what you don't understand.

The reply you tried to follow said "I think", you should have investigated before following. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that was incorrect but the poster was in doubt and you should be also.
When we say "I think" we kind of assume you are going to do some reading and be comfortable with everything before you continue.

I took a little time to look over Blackbean and as I suspected it is for the ICS bootloader not JB.

tobdaryl

May 7, 2010
I am having the exact same problem. I did manage to install the clean rom 2.5 custom rom successfully originally, and i made a backup through CWM, but I cant install any other rom on there for some reason. Yesterday I managed to go back to stock Asus jellybean rom successfully, and then had to root it and install CWM again successfully. I have again tried again today to install that EuroSkank rom, but alas, I get stuck at the ASUS boot logo permanently and nothing happens?
What might I be doing wrong??
I am on Jellybean. Thankfully the CWM is working fine and I could also restore my cleanrom2.5 backup.

( EuroSkank ) is also an ICS rom not JB - Clean rom 2.5 is JB. For now unless you have NVFlash you can't go back to ICS from JB and you can't run ICS rom with JB bootloader. (I'm using ICS and JB here to declare the bootloader )

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
any1 with Partition not found problem, open zip and look at the folders, delete everything except folder you want (which is propably system) then write
fastboot flash system yourzip.zip
if this doesn't work for you then extract files from the folder and repack only files from the system folder and use the command above.

It doesn't work for me (dunno why) but it's something :p

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts