[ROM]{4.2.2} Vanir 4.0 - Need help testing

Search This thread

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
WARNING: This is not a polished build, Team Vanir supports the N7 and so I figured why not the Tilapia, but no one on the team has one.
I am looking for a person or 2 who does not mind testing an untested build or 2 for me.

1) Test build - I know I need to add more telephony based apps
2) If there is an error booting/once booted, may be a theming issue and future builds will probably be stock theme anyways
3) Get it here http://www.emccann.net/dho/3-Vanir-mirror/4-nighties/02-18-2013/

If it works I will edit this thread to be more formal. But Vanir is fully loaded and FAST.

PVL_93_RU

Apr 20, 2012
Bug report - enabling 16-bit transparency (with Franco kernel) makes the tablet un-unlockable.
Other than that - it runs nice and steady

Reactions: DHO

zard

Jul 19, 2005

Hi, thanks for sharing your rom.

1. APN needs to manually set

2. Bluetooth cannot turn on. After installing the fix through cmwr, it is resolved.

3. I'm amazed with the tonnes of customization hidden under settings - display.

4. It's very smooth during multitasking and loads fast in a default browser.

5. Have just finished restoring all my apps, last bit is to configure all my email accounts.

Great job!

Question :

Is there a setting to bring down the notifications and status bar to the bottom?

Sent from my Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: DHO

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
Hi, thanks for sharing your rom.

2. Bluetooth cannot turn on. After installing the fix through cmwr, it is resolved.

3. I'm amazed with the tonnes of customization hidden under settings - display.

4. It's very smooth during multitasking and loads fast in a default browser.

5. Have just finished restoring all my apps, last bit is to configure all my email accounts.

Great job!

Question :

Is there a setting to bring down the notifications and status bar to the bottom?

Sent from my Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks you for your help and great feedback:

- Thanks, I will likely need to explore some more props

- Got a link to the fix? I will try to write it in.

Great job!

Question: Is there a setting to bring down the notifications and status bar to the bottom?
- What DPI you running? try lowering it to force tablet mode. This is likely something I need to work on. Option is under display/general

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
Bluetooth I incorporated the temp fix. It will be in the nightly I upload shortly (the current one for today does not have it)

The APN, it seems google took out auto-APN support a few months back. I am not clear as to why. If you point me in the direction of a ROM with working auto-APN, I will merge the differences.

Keep giving me feedback and I will get everything sorted out :)

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Thanks you for your help and great feedback:

- Thanks, I will likely need to explore some more props

- Got a link to the fix? I will try to write it in.

Great job!

Question: Is there a setting to bring down the notifications and status bar to the bottom?
- What DPI you running? try lowering it to force tablet mode. This is likely something I need to work on. Option is under display/general

1. Bluetooth fix link: http://www.speedboy.ru/Sites/xda-de...roid/4-2-2BluetooohFix(fixed_by_SpeedBoy).zip

2. I'm using DPI 213. I had tried editing with Rom Toolbox Lite to 160, rebooted into tablet mode, but the text were very small. Unfortunately, the notification bar and status bar are still at the top. The SR12 rom with corefireX is able to do this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2101650, but it only allows a maximum of 5 navigation buttons, whereas in your case, I could have up to 7.:good:

3. Do you have other versions of Vanir bootanimations?

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Bluetooth I incorporated the temp fix. It will be in the nightly I upload shortly (the current one for today does not have it)

The APN, it seems google took out auto-APN support a few months back. I am not clear as to why. If you point me in the direction of a ROM with working auto-APN, I will merge the differences.

Keep giving me feedback and I will get everything sorted out :)

See my post before this, that rom should have working APN. Thanks.

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
1. Bluetooth fix link: http://www.speedboy.ru/Sites/xda-de...roid/4-2-2BluetooohFix(fixed_by_SpeedBoy).zip

2. I'm using DPI 213. I had tried editing with Rom Toolbox Lite to 160, rebooted into tablet mode, but the text were very small. Unfortunately, the notification bar and status bar are still at the top. The SR12 rom with corefireX is able to do this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2101650, but it only allows a maximum of 5 navigation buttons, whereas in your case, I could have up to 7.:good:

3. Do you have other versions of Vanir bootanimations?

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

See my post before this, that rom should have working APN. Thanks.

Cool thanks
1 - Already Incorporated :)

2. - I will check out tomorrow, if they have a github that should be tremendously helpful.

3. - Not for this DPI, if any artist wants to make boot-animation (or anything else for that manner) would be happy to add it. On that note, we have no animation for the Manta...

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Cool thanks
1 - Already Incorporated :)

2. - I will check out tomorrow, if they have a github that should be tremendously helpful.

3. - Not for this DPI, if any artist wants to make boot-animation (or anything else for that manner) would be happy to add it. On that note, we have no animation for the Manta...

Just downloaded the new version but bluetooth still can't turn on. Unfortunately for me, I didn't do a nandroid of yesterday's version, so have to go back to the CFX nandroid. Will test your next rom with the tablet dpi included.

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
Just downloaded the new version but bluetooth still can't turn on. Unfortunately for me, I didn't do a nandroid of yesterday's version, so have to go back to the CFX nandroid. Will test your next rom with the tablet dpi included.

I just did a ton of work on manta and mako, so hopefully will fix most of the issues. I need to rebuild the nightlies to reflect these changes

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
Have to wait until tomorrow for updated build

My automated build/upload failed, so will fix tomorrow. Sleep now.

skippajack

Apr 14, 2011
thanks for for putting in the time for us tilapia guys ,, a custom rom with working bluetooth will be great ,, thanks again!

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us
New Nightly is up. it should have alot of butter.

Should have BT fixesd, enabled telephony and SMS.
Not sure if I fixed desktop/launcher issue or not, but added 213 DPI and that should hopefully force tablet mode.

Reactions: zard

zard

Jul 19, 2005

Not sure if I fixed desktop/launcher issue or not, but added 213 DPI and that should hopefully force tablet mode.

Fantastic! Hopping over to download.

Update :

Looks like nothing has changed.

1. Bluetooth still can't turn on

2. Tablet mode at 160 and Nexus 7 mode at 213, status bar and notifications bar still stays at the top.

3. Under settings, display, navigation bar, advanced settings, after the "Navigation bar width" section where there is some explanation of combined width help, there's a whole lot of missing settings:

a. Combined bar width port
b. Combined bar width land

After Nav button transparency, missing settings:
a. NAVBAR HIDE OPTIONS
e. Hidden Navbar Enable

4. APN still needs to be done manually, ie it's not automatically done. I didn't try to do it manually though, but I believe if done manually, it will work since the first nightly I tried works.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• SR12.jpg
    SR12.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Vinar.jpg
    Vinar.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Reactions: DHO and PVL_93_RU

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us

Update :

2. Tablet mode at 160 and Nexus 7 mode at 213, status bar and notifications bar still stays at the top.

3. Under settings, display, navigation bar, advanced settings, after the "Navigation bar width" section where there is some explanation of combined width help, there's a whole lot of missing settings:

a. NAVBAR HIDE OPTIONS
e. Hidden Navbar Enable

4. APN still needs to be done manually, ie it's not automatically done. I didn't try to do it manually though, but I believe if done manually, it will work since the first nightly I tried works.

Okay new nightly here: http://www.emccann.net/dho/3-Vanir-mirror/4-nighties/
Please see today's folder

Thanks for the continued help

1. I added a brand new patch, confirmed working on Grouper... so hopefully by proxy tilapia

2. I chipped at this, but I think I might need a few more commits, but would be excited to know if working.

3. I will look into these overlays, they are missing on all tab builds it turns out. Some I think are intentionally disabled

4. Okay try now, should be good to go.

Last edited:

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Okay new nightly here: http://www.emccann.net/dho/3-Vanir-mirror/4-nighties/
Please see today's folder

Thanks for the continued help

1. I added a branch new patch, confirmed working on Grouper... so hopefully by proxy tilapia

2. I chipped at this, but I think I might need a few more commits, but would be excited to know if working.

3. I will look into these overlays, they are missing on all tab builds it turns out. Some I think are intentionally disabled

4. Okay try now, should be good to go.

Thanks. I noticed the tilapia nightly is not in 23rd folder.

DHO

Jun 6, 2010
d-h-o.us

Update :

a. NAVBAR HIDE OPTIONS
e. Hidden Navbar Enable

Thanks. I noticed the tilapia nightly is not in 23rd folder.

Hmm will manually upload it. Having issues with my automated scripts for nightlies

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also does it work at other DPIs?

It's confirmed working on Grouper, so I know we are soo close. Just need to figure out the slight difference in Tilapia and will be go-to-go!

Congratulations! Almost done. Tried 160 and default 213 DPI, all working. Version tested is 5 & 6 March 2013.

1. Settings - Storage - FC - Resolved

2. UI Mode - NavBar and SystemBar - Resolved

3. The combined width entries are missing - Resolved

New issues:
    1. When opening the built-in browser, error occurs: Connection problem. There was a network error. This seems to happen only with XDA forum. When I tried with other websites, no such error.

2. After boot up, error occurs: Unfortunately, Messenging has stopped. If I open up messenging up, no such error.

Logcat
    for connection problem is attached.
    Sorry they got uploaded to the wrong directory. I Moved them to the correct one.

Not sure if there will be a build tonight, as we are having issues with the gerrit and that will be the focus

Will test and let you know.

1. APN is working now.

2. PIE is working now, but not much use since the options available is similar to navigation bar, unless the purpose is to disable navigation bar. I installed a PIE app from Google Play and that was able to add in applications to the PIE control.

Hopefully you can work on the other two soon. FYI, there is another rom that was just realised, AOKP official, and that has the full tablet mode working, ie status bar is below.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Update :

a. NAVBAR HIDE OPTIONS
    e. Hidden Navbar Enable

Nightly is finally up
    I might need a bit more in that logcat ;) I know,.. it's a fine balance.

It sounds proprietary related. I did not have time today, but I plan on refactoring them with another repo to ensure I got the best Tegra props.

Also would you find the full MMS app better than the basic one? I can include either, but usually the basic is included with GSM tabs.

On the telipia, I don't use the Messenging app at all. The issue is really the error message, which needs to be addressed. Same goes to the network connection error.