[Q] Will no longer charge using Dock cable

Search This thread

groperfish

Oct 14, 2013
HI all,

C6903 would previously charge using an official Sony dock cord. Yesterday, however, the phone started making the 'phone flat' beepjng noise (it was close to flat), so plugged into the dock to charge. The beeping continued every few seconds, the screen rotation started playing up (I do have a screen rotation lock that hasn't been a problem) and the phone won't fully charge (the charge symbol is there, just keeps dropping. The error message "the connected power source is not sufficient. The battery is draining faster than it is charging. Minimise device usage while charging" popped up. It does charge VERY slowly if the phone is off airplane mode and the screen is off (it charged approx 30% in 10 hours, this way).

No rogue apps, etc. I reset to factory settings and the problem is still there. Phone charges fine using standard micro-usb.

Here in the NL, the carrier (KPN) send your phone away for minimum 2 weeks (& will not give you a replacement), and they will likely just test with the standard USB charger, which is fine.

Anyone experienced this & any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Adam

Geoffxx

Apr 2, 2013
sounds like the cable is faulty, probably only one way to find out if you know someone with a dock - or just send the dock back to were you purchased it declaring it faulty

jimsey

Oct 14, 2007
Lancashire
I've had similar issues, I solved it by rebooting the phone and plugging it in using sony usb charger until the charge is over 30%, after I got mine to 30% using usb, it then was able to charge using the dock.

you could check the dock with a multimeter, but there's not really much to the dock itself, so unless it's a broken wire, the problem is with the wall charger which the docks plugged into or the phone

Last edited:

groperfish

Oct 14, 2013
Thanks all. I will check if it is the dock/cable or the power plug when my wife gets home - she also has the Z1.

Thanks again, will keep updated.
Adam

HeavyMoertel

Jul 6, 2013
Yeah, sadly the cables don't last too long - went through 2 cables up until now and many more to come.