[Q] What about upgrading baseband (JB 4.3)

Search This thread

Yokav

Mar 21, 2012
Belgium
www.yokav.info
Hey,

I'm planing to upgrade my Xperia T from 4.1 to 4.3.

Filesystem will be updated through CWM, as well as the kernel. But what about the baseband ?

I only see some comments about using Flashtool to update the kernel (if it's not available in the zip file that will be use to upgrade filesystem with CWM). But when I see some screenshots from people using JB 4.3, in the "About the phone" section, the baseband ends with *-60 when on my JB 4.1, I'm still with a bseband ending with *-56...

bsined

Mar 22, 2013
Washington, DC
I've discovered that every ROM has its own baseband number in About phone and flashing just the baseband from another ROM has no effect on that but does affect your phone's ability to connect to the data network.

Yokav

Mar 21, 2012
Belgium
www.yokav.info
@silasje1
I'm not ready for the upgrade but fore sure, when I will be, I will update the baseband. I just would like to know if there is a particular reason why nobody speak about that...

---

And from what I know, yes the baseband is related to the ability to connect to a network. But maybe not only, I read that the baseband of a Samsung has something to do with the GPS.

Anyway, as upgrade from 4.1 is a major upgrade, I think that it's better to upgrade this baseband. :p