[SOLVED]Flashing kernel for Miui 2.2.1, always getting "turn on Unknown Sources..."

Search This thread

pef6000

Oct 10, 2010
[SOLVED]Flashing kernel for Miui 2.2.1, always getting "turn on Unknown Sources..."

Hey guys.

I'd like to flash my X10 Kernel with the ftf given with the Miui 2.2.1 rom. But the thing is, when I open flashtool, after doing all the steps and when I connect my phone to the computer, here is what I get :

17/007/2012 18:07:46 - INFO - Start Flashing
17/007/2012 18:07:46 - INFO - VER="R8A013";DATE="20100119";TIME="17:24:00";
17/007/2012 18:07:46 - INFO - Flashing loader
17/007/2012 18:07:46 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted
17/007/2012 18:07:46 - INFO - Now unplug the device and power it on
17/007/2012 18:07:46 - INFO - Then go to application settings
17/007/2012 18:07:46 - INFO - turn on Unknown Sources and Debugging

It is always turned on, both of them, so I went in, I turned them both off, then again one of them on, then the other one on, then again both on, nothing happens, it's always the same error message.

Somebody can help me please ?

Thanks !

Btw, I am on Miui 2.3.2 Cobrato
With baseband 2.1.71 & Kernel 2.6.29-zdzihu-mod4.05
And I have both CWM and xRecovery.

Last edited:

R1K05@N

Feb 29, 2012
Honolulu
Try doing the downgrade/upgrade method, flashing from stock, using a different USB cable, or a different computer. Those are the USUAL methods of solving this. After that, it gets tricky. GL! :)

Reactions: pef6000

pef6000

Oct 10, 2010
Thanks, I'll try it now !

EDIT : PC Companion tells me that there is an update (3.0.1.G..., the official 2.3.3 from Sony). If I do this update, will I have to install again xRecovery, CWM, root it, unlock bootloader, etc etc ?

R1K05@N

Feb 29, 2012
Honolulu
As far as I know, you don't have to update... as long as you have the phone drivers installed on the PC, you should be fine. Updating thru PC Companion or SEUS seems to be pretty much the same as loading a ROM (but official).

On the other hand, I actually updated my phones (two x10s) before unlocking the bootloaders and loading the custom roms on them but I also did full wipes (SD, system, everything through recovery) of them before loading up my current roms and had no issues whatsoever... but I did run into what you ran into when loading up my second phone (wife's) with Oodie Prime X MIUI... so I changed out he USB cord then everything went fine.

Reactions: pef6000

pef6000

Oct 10, 2010
So I tried with the charger's USB cable, it doesn't seem to change anything ...

Well, I'll downgrade it and try to start from the beginning.

Thank you :)

EDIT : Yeah it's done !

I made the update that SEMC wanted me to do, because I didn't know on which generic I should downgrade ^^'. So I did it, then I rooted it, unlocked bootloader, installed CWM, and installed the app from CWM :)

Thank you for your help !

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try doing the downgrade/upgrade method, flashing from stock, using a different USB cable, or a different computer. Those are the USUAL methods of solving this. After that, it gets tricky. GL! :)
    As far as I know, you don't have to update... as long as you have the phone drivers installed on the PC, you should be fine. Updating thru PC Companion or SEUS seems to be pretty much the same as loading a ROM (but official).

On the other hand, I actually updated my phones (two x10s) before unlocking the bootloaders and loading the custom roms on them but I also did full wipes (SD, system, everything through recovery) of them before loading up my current roms and had no issues whatsoever... but I did run into what you ran into when loading up my second phone (wife's) with Oodie Prime X MIUI... so I changed out he USB cord then everything went fine.