[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]

Search This thread

coolguy1cool

Dec 23, 2012
New Delhi
Hello there,

I purchased my phone online thru a website and it got shipped to me in Australia from Hong Kong, Now I want to root my phone and install a new ROM into it but I do not knw how to check what variant is my phone of. When I search for a custom ROM it says that it is for a particular variant so I m not sure what to do.... PLZ HELP:(:(

Goto settings and under that goto about phone,you can find your phone number,model and all other information there itself

It should say something like N7100 or N7105(LTE) and the other variants are carrier specific models for sprint,t-mobile or at&t

Rickav

Feb 15, 2013
Sco'land
Samsung Galaxy A70
hey guys good? so i am half busy last days and haveno time to search a good tutorial to install custom ROMs in my note 2 i am asking to point me the right topic and the best ROM is much? thanks very very thanks:good:

@ luan3232

I used this video to learn how to flash a ROM. As long as you're rooted and have CWM, it's a decent video that covers all the basics of flashing. Mind you, this uses Omega ROM as the example, but most other ROMs follow exactly the same technique.

As to the best ROM, that is question that is near impossible to answer. It relies on numerous factors, the major ones being the user of ROMs. First off, decide if you want Stock-like or Minimal or Completely Different. Then search a few ROMs of one of those categories. Read reviews, view images, even flash a few ROMs to see how you like it as that is the most important part. The only part we can help you with is tell you a little about the ROMs themselves. Once you come to settle upon a ROM that meets all your requirements, that's the best ROM.

Feck it, I'll just ask my first & only newb question in this here makeshift signature: How/Can you change the Carrier name shown on the N7100...?

dominicstg2

Feb 23, 2013
help hashcheck 1.7 rom for n7105 black screen

hi i have a samsung galaxy note 2 n7105 i am using hackcheck 1.5 and want to upgrade to1.7 i have downloaded the files and it installs fine but when its finished n boots it boots and makes the samsung sound no logo and just stays black please help

jjardinero.01

Feb 11, 2013
hi i have a samsung galaxy note 2 n7105 i am using hackcheck 1.5 and want to upgrade to1.7 i have downloaded the files and it installs fine but when its finished n boots it boots and makes the samsung sound no logo and just stays black please help

If you cant go to the homescreen when booting, try to reinstall the stock rom trough odin mode.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

can i use a at&t rom for my note 2 n7105 lte?
cause i read somewhere its thre same build so can anyone tell me?

To be safe, install only roms that is specifically made to your device model.
You can search tons of roms for n7105 Galaxy Note II N7105 Android Development section.

Maraña81

Feb 24, 2013
Hi guys, I rooted and I'm stuck with the efs copy. I don't intend to fash for now but I just want to have it just in case. Is this right?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361708208525.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361708208525.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 51

Maraña81

Feb 24, 2013
I atach a screen shot of mac to check if i did it right but it dosn't show.it say this

Last login: Sun Feb 24 12:43:44
:~ /Users//Downloads/N7100_EFS_backup_restore_MACOS\ 4/tools/Backup_efs ; exit;
show partition
/Users//Downloads/N7100_EFS_backup_restore_MACOS 4/tools/Backup_efs: line 5: tools/./adb: No such file or directory
Backup efs partition
/Users//Downloads/N7100_EFS_backup_restore_MACOS 4/tools/Backup_efs: line 9: tools/adb: No such file or directory
pull efs.img
/Users//Downloads/N7100_EFS_backup_restore_MACOS 4/tools/Backup_efs: line 13: tools/adb: No such file or directory
logout

[Proceso completado]

Last edited:

trubster

Feb 28, 2007
Sheffield
Recording Calls?

Hi, I have a Note II and want to put a custom rom on to allow me to automatically record calls, I have tried the apps and the only way i can do it is on loudspeaker and microphone.

Which is the best rom to use for this feature?

Thanks

Kev

(The phone is a ROM virgin and has stock rom on)
I have rooted and put custom roms on my S3 but never risked it on the note 2.

igoivo

Jun 30, 2008
two general questions

Hi
I have three general questions to which I was unable to find the answers:
1) Which app should I use to find an apk installation information (app and data names and the installation paths) ?
(To find the files and folders for the manual binding or transfer to SD).
2) Does exist a way to make a file binding (like it is for the folders in the "Directory Bind" application) ?
(It's to save space in Samsung devices where normal app transfer to Sd card is impossible)
3) Does exist a way (password protection ?) against ROM re-flashing (both by custom recovery and via Odin) ?
(It's for protection against thief)

Rickav

Feb 15, 2013
Sco'land
Samsung Galaxy A70
Hi, I have a Note II and want to put a custom rom on to allow me to automatically record calls, I have tried the apps and the only way i can do it is on loudspeaker and microphone.

Which is the best rom to use for this feature?

Thanks

Kev

(The phone is a ROM virgin and has stock rom on)
I have rooted and put custom roms on my S3 but never risked it on the note 2.

@ trubster

Well... That's a pretty open question... I mean there are numerous decent ROMs out there with built in Call Recording features and whatnot... It really depends on what kind of ROMs you like...

You mentioned your phone is a ROM virgin, thus I'm assuming you don't have any significant problems with the Stock ROM as it is... Thus, you might want to give Omega ROM a try. It has call recording amongst many other features which you might also like... And it's a pretty good ROM overall as well. So yeah... Something like that...Omega ROM.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Hi
I have three general questions to which I was unable to find the answers:
1) Which app should I use to find an apk installation information (app and data names and the installation paths) ?
(To find the files and folders for the manual binding or transfer to SD).
2) Does exist a way to make a file binding (like it is for the folders in the "Directory Bind" application) ?
(It's to save space in Samsung devices where normal app transfer to Sd card is impossible)
3) Does exist a way (password protection ?) against ROM re-flashing (both by custom recovery and via Odin) ?
(It's for protection against thief)

@ igoivo

1. ES File Explorer is a pretty solid app for such tasks. Speaking of which, Solid Explorer is pretty good too, but a paid app.
2. I'll be honest, I'm not too sure about file binding. Best to ask a more experienced member.
3. As far as I know, there does not or can not exist a custom recovery that can be password protected. For a more accurate opinion, I would ask the developer of whatever ROM you are using.

Reactions: trubster

zafarsharif

Nov 29, 2012
Note 2 downloading issues

Hi,

Everytime i download an excel file, it downloads with the extension .html. Than i am unable to open the file. it used to work fine a couple of weeks ago, so not sure why its doing it now. Can anyone help me with changing the setting back to what it should be??

Rickav

Feb 15, 2013
Sco'land
Samsung Galaxy A70
Hi,

Everytime i download an excel file, it downloads with the extension .html. Than i am unable to open the file. it used to work fine a couple of weeks ago, so not sure why its doing it now. Can anyone help me with changing the setting back to what it should be??

@ zafarsharif

Do you use a different browser to the Stock one or Chrome...? Perhaps, the excel files themselves are not actually saved in .xls format but simply a link to it. Maybe you are downloading only the link to the file and not the file itself. What if the app you normally use to view these types of files is not the default app any more. Check none of these are the case and then come back if there's still a problem... Otherwise I haven't a clue as to what sparked that sudden but inevitable betrayal by your phone...

That was a Firefly reference. I have never watched Firefly. I don't know what I'm doing with my life.

trubster

Feb 28, 2007
Sheffield
@ trubster

Well... That's a pretty open question... I mean there are numerous decent ROMs out there with built in Call Recording features and whatnot... It really depends on what kind of ROMs you like...

You mentioned your phone is a ROM virgin, thus I'm assuming you don't have any significant problems with the Stock ROM as it is... Thus, you might want to give Omega ROM a try. It has call recording amongst many other features which you might also like... And it's a pretty good ROM overall as well. So yeah... Something like that...Omega ROM.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

@ igoivo

1. ES File Explorer is a pretty solid app for such tasks. Speaking of which, Solid Explorer is pretty good too, but a paid app.
2. I'll be honest, I'm not too sure about file binding. Best to ask a more experienced member.
3. As far as I know, there does not or can not exist a custom recovery that can be password protected. For a more accurate opinion, I would ask the developer of whatever ROM you are using.

Thanks, got as far as rooting and just about to put an omega rom on

Is there a way to tell the phone it is not ROOTED?

I use Barclays banking and it has stopped me using the app as my phone is rooted?

zafarsharif

Nov 29, 2012
@Rick

thanks for your prompt help.

i use the stock app for internet. we upload our excel doc online to a website everynight. the same link that i click on the pc is the link i click on my phone, but on phone it down loads as html. it used to download the actual excel file and than i used polaris to open it. all was good until i download kris to connect phone to pc. since than i have all these little issues. i have uninstalled kris, but the problem still remains. this is important as it is work related and a real pain that i cant open the excel or word files that we upload on our web site.....

is there a setting that i am missing that related to downloading files and what type it will save it as???

Alexei Volkoff

Feb 22, 2013
Contact's phone numbers digit grouping

My Note 2 groups my contact's phone numbers in 3 digit groups regardless of the length of the number e.g. 213 657 74 (not a real phone number). Is there any way to group them differently, e.g. 21 36 57 74 or just not group them at all (21365774)? Thanks.

tuxintosh

Jul 6, 2011
Hong Kong
I want to buy 64GB korean version of GT-N7105 the LTE phone. And I want to make it to Hong Kong version. But the Hong Kong LTE model only have 16 or 32GB.
If I flash via Odin the Hong Kong stock rom 4.1.1 "N7105ZHALJ4 N7105ZZHALJ4" to the 64GB korean N7105. Will the koran version change to hong kong version and still have 64GB?

tabone

Jan 14, 2013
Freedom APK

is the freedom apk safe to install and to use?
because my friend said that his note 2 cannot open playstore after install freedom apk
i've install it but i dont have the same case, but im just scared that case will happen to me too
please someone explain to me about this case
thx a lot before

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ASK THE QUESTION [NOOB FRIENDLY]

I am not a full time developer! So do not request any roms or apps from me. I only make roms for my self and friends. :)

This thread is created to help members [noobs] to understand more about android and the device itself.

I decided to create this thread because the developers already have enough work to do, they wont be able to answer all questions from members [noobs]. :)
    I only owns the N7100 (galaxy note international model), but i will try by best to answer all of your questions using my experiences :) .

*** My time zone is GMT +7 (remember this)***
    Check out my guides here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055827

Thanks to these following members who helped me answer questions in this thread:
    ObenDevin - Thanks to him for helping me answer lots of questions :)
    Hi have posted this but not gwtting any joy...please can you have a look...attached
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Just try restarting your phone...

I had faced the same problem once and rebooting it solved that...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
    I'm having a great amount of trouble with my GN2 since i upgraded to my official 4.4.2 ROM via odin, most of the time when the device locks the screen it won't open again, no matter how much u wait or press the home button or the lock button again the display never wakes up again and then i have to keep pressing the lock button to reboot the phone, There seems nothing to b triggering this problem. It occurs randomly, Not associated with heavy usage or anything, I just don't know what's triggering it. ITS SO ANNOYING, when it occurs the alarms won't ring either, Even if i got a call the screen won't show it, Only black lighted screen... Kitkat is really bad upgrade

The device is: GT-n7100 running this flashed ROM N7100XXUFND4, Its my official one.
    Thanks in advance

Iam suffering from the same thing... Let me know if u could solve it.

Thanks for not helping...

What you're experiencing seems to be a sleep of death, where the phone, after entering deep sleep, fails to wakes up even when there's user input (i.e. pressing buttons). This usually occurs if one underclocks one's phone too much. Try installing Trickstermod, under Specific there's a Touch Wake option.

Personally I haven't encountered this problem, but I read about it in the AGNi kernel 4.4.2 purestock thread, which I have installed.

Thank me pls :cool:
    Hey. I'm have been having some problems ever since I rooted my phone (Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100). And I've been told that I might find the solution here. I've explained everything in this thread. http://xdaforums.com/general/xda-assist/cwm-recovery-problems-supersu-t2892020 I really need to get done with this . Your help will me much appreciated. Thanks.

If you are on 4.4, the method you tried might not work.

Method given below works for 4.4 and 4.3. Not sure about 4.1.2

Anyways, flash Philz recovery latest via ODIN.

Here is the Link: https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100/philz_touch_6.26.6-n7100.tar.md5/

Wait for green pass.

Now download SuperSu flashable zip

http://download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip

Store the file on phone int.sd / ext.sd

Enter recovery using key combination.

Once inside Philz, choose "install as zip" , select the supersu zip and flash.

Reboot the device.

Open play store and update supersu if required.

Don't forget to press thumbs up if u found my suggestions helpful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Allegedly there actually is some method to reset Knox counter on the devices with Exynos.
    Don't ask me, use google.

tetakpatalked from N7100

Unfortunately that method and flashing the knox reset zip is JUST for the note 3. Not any any other device.

Well here you go...

How to Reset knox on Note 3 Exynos.

I dont need google for this,fortunately XDA gave me a search option :)

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks ?"