[Q] Need help

Search This thread

sobri46

Apr 2, 2013
hi guys

have a nice day

i have a sprint s4 sph l720 with 4.3 rom and MK2 Modem
i want to unlock the phone for international use

but to unlock it i need to change the modem to MDC/MDL first before unlock according to the thread on xda developer website

so can i change direct the modem from MK2 to MDC/MDL directly using Odin ?

or is there a way to unlock the phone with the 4.3 rom and MK2 modem ?

thank you for your cooperation for help

leaderbuilder

hi guys

have a nice day

i have a sprint s4 sph l720 with 4.3 rom and MK2 Modem
i want to unlock the phone for international use

but to unlock it i need to change the modem to MDC/MDL first before unlock according to the thread on xda developer website

so can i change direct the modem from MK2 to MDC/MDL directly using Odin ?

or is there a way to unlock the phone with the 4.3 rom and MK2 modem ?

thank you for your cooperation for help
If you are on the stock MK2 firmware with the Knox bootloader you CANNOT Odin to MDC or MDL or anything before MJA. Period. This question has been asked and answered dozens of times. ALL the answers you are looking for are here.
Please S E A R C H.

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
I believe you can Odin just the MDC modem to unlock your device. But you cannot Odin a stock tar file to downgrade. Just the modem should work. Autoprime has an MDC modem file in his international unlock thread that should work. Others on mk2 have reported successfully downgrading just the modem. If it doesn't work it will either fail in Odin, or you will have to Odin the mk2 modem back to fix it.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD

sobri46

Apr 2, 2013
change modem

thank you guys

because of you two i success to downgrade the modem to MDC without any problem
and succesfully unlock the s4 sprint mobile

and now i will need only to find a way to stop the notification of the security information that say an application attempted to access system on your device without authorization. this attempt has been blocked

i make googling and most people it is the knox problem

do you guys have a suggestion for removing the notification ?
i see this web : http://www.droidviews.com/disable-knox-security-service-on-samsung-galaxy-devices/

what do you think ?

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
thank you guys

because of you two i success to downgrade the modem to MDC without any problem
and succesfully unlock the s4 sprint mobile

and now i will need only to find a way to stop the notification of the security information that say an application attempted to access system on your device without authorization. this attempt has been blocked

i make googling and most people it is the knox problem

do you guys have a suggestion for removing the notification ?
i see this web : http://www.droidviews.com/disable-knox-security-service-on-samsung-galaxy-devices/

what do you think ?

You can use Tibu and remove everything that contains Knox in it. That did it for me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
do i need to freeze all knox.apk or uninstall the knox.apk ?

I uninstalled everything that contained Knox in it. I believe there was a few of them including two com.knox.xxxx

It's been a while since I did it so I'm forgetting the exact names and how many. I just used the search function in TiBu to find them so try that.

Reactions: sobri46

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I believe you can Odin just the MDC modem to unlock your device. But you cannot Odin a stock tar file to downgrade. Just the modem should work. Autoprime has an MDC modem file in his international unlock thread that should work. Others on mk2 have reported successfully downgrading just the modem. If it doesn't work it will either fail in Odin, or you will have to Odin the mk2 modem back to fix it.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD
    Thanks for the clarification cruise350. It's true that some have been able to sim unlock with just a modem downgrade, hopefully he'll get it.
    It just gets so crazy that the same questions get asked over and over. and then asked again.:p
    do i need to freeze all knox.apk or uninstall the knox.apk ?

I uninstalled everything that contained Knox in it. I believe there was a few of them including two com.knox.xxxx

It's been a while since I did it so I'm forgetting the exact names and how many. I just used the search function in TiBu to find them so try that.