[Q] FASTBOOT- Device needs to be rooted first, but already is!

Search This thread

techoo

Jul 3, 2012
Hi
Can anyone plz help with my problem here. After following directions on installing the boosthd rom for arc s, entering fastboot, typing in the command, it gives a failed error saying that my device needs to be rooted first but my arc s is already rooted.
note: i am trying to flash the kernal to get boost hd

here's the error given:

C:\fastboot>fastboot flash boot bootanzu126.img
sending 'boot' (4626 KB)...
FAILED (remote: The Device must be rooted first)
finished. total time: 0.002s

popthosegaskets

Jun 25, 2012
Singapore
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
OnePlus 8T
Hi
Can anyone plz help with my problem here. After following directions on installing the boosthd rom for arc s, entering fastboot, typing in the command, it gives a failed error saying that my device needs to be rooted first but my arc s is already rooted.
note: i am trying to flash the kernal to get boost hd

here's the error given:

C:\fastboot>fastboot flash boot bootanzu126.img
sending 'boot' (4626 KB)...
FAILED (remote: The Device must be rooted first)
finished. total time: 0.002s

Go root your phone, if rooted there should be Superuser installed on it. Alternatively, you can use root validators available on Play store.

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

Avantiel

Apr 3, 2012
Im facing this same problem! my bootloader is unlocked and my phone is confirmed rooted with super user installed etc. help

mtyler7807

Oct 15, 2009
Richmond
www.compdoctoronline.com
I am in the same boat. I have it rooted. I have switched my xperia play r800x over to ntelos. I have enabled tethering. Superuser is present. But when I try to fastboot it says please root device. I am lost now. I will search the internet some more to see if I can find a solution. If I find the answer I will post back with it.

TheGreatSega

Nov 12, 2011
Bangalore
Ur boot loader is unlocked properly.
Once you do it... use flash tool... it'll tell you exactly what's wrong

Sent from my LT18i using xda app-developers app

nzdesign

Mar 8, 2011
Penang
i'm using Xperia Neo L

bootloader status: Unlocked

rooted via here

but when trying to install CM9 kernal for paranoid android room, seems like i'm on the same boat too

rohil69

Nov 11, 2011
Mumbai
make sure ur bootloader is unlocked properly

A friend of mine had a similar issue on his Sony Live with walkman (WT19i).
the unlock code he used was not correct as IMEI he submitted was wrong. however it showed the bootloader is unlocked and device rooted.
trying again wont harm. make sure you use only 14 digit IMEI (ignore the last digit) at http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com :D

Reactions: pepoluan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    make sure ur bootloader is unlocked properly

A friend of mine had a similar issue on his Sony Live with walkman (WT19i).
    the unlock code he used was not correct as IMEI he submitted was wrong. however it showed the bootloader is unlocked and device rooted.
    trying again wont harm. make sure you use only 14 digit IMEI (ignore the last digit) at http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com :D